Heritage Woods of Mt Vernon - Mount Vernon, IL

Nothing but positive

They offer activities daily. I have had a few meals there and I would say the food is good overall. The staff are amazing. They are so friendly and on top of things. The community is clean and they do accept medicaid. I would recommend this community.

I would recommend this community!!!

My loved one is very happy living at Heritage Woods. The staff are doing a good job. The food is good. The community is clean and well taken care of. They offer daily activities.

It All Worked Out

Like any new community there were a couple of issues but the staff and I talked about it and it has improved. The staff are accommodating, friendly, and helpful to all residents. My aunt had friends living her so that made it easier to get comfortable and likes to socialize. Her meals are pretty good and I feel she is getting good care and I feel she is secure here.

Horrible

Female family members are not safe here. This place has forever changed our lives. I am a Registered Nurse and what happened to my loved one in their care is horrific.

Home Away from Home

I feel that the marketing staff at Heritage Woods went out of their way to accommodate my aunt at a time in her life when she needed a place to live when her health was failing and was unable to safely live alone. Being 3 hours away from her, I am satisfied she has the quality care that she needs and the privacy that she desires.

Heritage Woods is an affordable assisted living community for older adults and senior citizens, located in Mt. Vernon, Illinois. Here at Heritage Woods we pride ourselves in the ability to provide affordable senior care to those that require the service but can't always afford the high prices. We opened our community in 2007 and we are managed by Blair Minton, a native of the area and a resident of Mt. Vernon. We like to think that the love we have for the area shows through in our facility. Our facility offers 66 private apartments, fully equipped with a kitchen, a nice bathroom, and an emergency response system. We have certified nurses assistants on premise and on duty 24 hours a day, every day of the week, to make sure the ones you care about are getting the care they require. We also offer transportation assistance, weekly programs and events, an on site barber and beautician, and full and healthy meals. Our lawn is beautiful and plays host to many activities and games. We at Heritage Woods believe in an active lifestyle and through all of our events and games we promote a fun and caring community.