Heritage of Sandy Plains - Marietta, GA

Located in scenic East Cobb County on the outskirts of Atlanta, our community caters to seniors who are looking for assisted living and specialty care. Since we first opened our doors, we have nourished the idea of combining hospitality and personal care services to an unprecedented degree. We have an executive chef who is dedicated to providing quality dining while meeting nutrition standards needed to maintain health and energy. We carefully screen and select caring resident assistants to provide the special services required by each resident. We provide daily activities to stimulate mind, body and spirit for quality living. In short, we have made it our mission to provide the highest level of individual attention in a truly appealing environment. Our specialty care unit will be available to offer care to those in need of higher physical care and memory support.

Very nice and organized facility. Much more active looking group than at Charter. About $1k/month higher. Kennessaw location same layout and care level (?) but approx $500/month cheaper. Didn't care for [Removed] the sales rep.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your feedback; we appreciate your review of our community!

Things are good so far

The staff have been friendly and helpful. They have answered our questions. They offer a lot of great things to do during the day. The food is excellent. The community is clean and beautiful. They have nice balconies and patios. This community is in a beautiful location. This community is located close to family and I would recommend it.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your confidence in our community. We appreciate your feedback and we're delighted that you would recommend Heritage of Sandy Plains!

Lovely Staff!!

My father has recently made the move into this community and so far everything is going well for him. The staff are all lovely people and I have been especially impressed with the general manager [Removed]. He has helped make the transition easier and has accommodated all of our needs. I would have to say my favorite thing about the facility is the warmth of the place and how it feels just like home.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your confidence in us and we're so pleased that your father is enjoying his home here!

GREAT PLACE TO LIVE!

i can think of only positive things to say about Heritage on Sandy Plains. What is not to like! From the moment you walk through the door you feel welcome.

My Mom has been at more expensive and so called "fancier" places but you never felt the love you do here. Since the executive director, [Removed], came almost a year ago the aesthetics and care have improved greatly.

There is independent and assisted living plus a Legacy wing for memory care

There are tons of activities arranged by a veteran social planner. If you like crafts, games-such as bingo, chair exercises, in house movies, or a trip into the community to eat, shop, or to see points of interest you will be delighted. Friday is happy hour with entertainment, food, and beverage. There is always something going on.

The chef makes three meals a day and all of them are from scratch-only fresh foods not processed. His meals are amazing and he is in the dining room to serve and check on things and all help with pitch in as needed to serve, etc. Everyone is hands on working as a team in all they do.

You feel comfortable with a nurse on staff and friendly med techs. They even have a wonderful beauty shop on site. In my opinion they bend over backwards to please and treat you like family.

I am so happy we found this place and have encouraged others to come; they did and are equally pleased.
[Removed]

Happy Hour on Fridays!

My uncle is having a difficult time dealing with the loss of his wife and moving out of his home. He is adjusting and he likes this community. They offer many activities, take residents on bus rides shopping and to restaurants and even have a happy hour every Friday where they serve cocktails! He said the food is great too!

A nice community.

Mom had a good respite stay at Heritage. The staff are adequate and answered our questions. The food is ok and the community is nice and clean. They have a lot of room and encourage her to be active. We would use this community again.

I Liked the Tour

I liked the community when I toured but it had an elevator and I did not want my dad to have to use that everyday, he is blind. They were on time for our appointment and did fine showing me the place and providing details about the care. Everyone was nice when I was here.

Let's get active!

We took a tour of this community. The people have been great and they did answer all our questions. The only thing that turned me off was that the residents were all sitting in front of the t.v. not doing anything else. I wanted a more active community for my loved one.

SLC Midwest

We were glad to learn you had an overall positive experience during your visit! We would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about what would have made this a five-star experience for you or walk you through the many activity options we offer our residents. Please feel free to reach out to Executive Director at our community phone number should you have any additional feedback. Thank you for your time!

We had a great visit with Steven, the director. I could tell the minute we sat down with him that he really cares about the residents. The facility itself is very attractive and "homey." We had lunch, a real treat. The food was served hot, and the quality was excellent. All the other staff members were friendly and eager to know if there was anything we would like to know. I got the feeling that if a problem ever arose, I could talk with Steven about it to come up with a solution without fear of retaliation for bringing up my concerns. The rooms are pretty small, but there is a possibility of putting two together. Geographically, it's a little far out for our comfort zone since we have family who might have a problem visiting.

This community gets my recommendation!!

The staff at Heritage is very friendly and concerned about the residents. They encourage my mom to get involved in the activities. They check on her often. They keep the community very clean. I would rate the food as a 4.

Good, friendly place where it does not feel like a "hotel type" situation. I especially like the openness of the lobby area.

My friend, Garvin [removed], does not hear well and I wish there was a way to help him make friends with the group. The staff is excellent! The food is good and I am happy that I know the staff is "Looking after" him.

Review of Heritage of Sandy Plains - Marietta, GA

This would be a great location if it was not for the limited accessibility. Minimum number of grab bars in the bathroom (they did offer to add more). The shower has a small lip and the sink sits on an enclosed cabinet. We need a higher level of accessibility for wheel chair accessibility

Heritage of Sandy Plains

From the time I starting conversations with Heritage of Sandy Plains, I was given all the assistance in working through my questions I needed answered.

At the time of move in the friendly staff called him by name and tried to make him feel like he belonged and was part of the family.

I would recommend this place to anyone looking for excellent care and safety for their loved ones.

A Place for Mom assisted me in locating just the perfect place when I was not familiar with places in the area that had an opening and was in the cost area I needed to locate.

"HOME AWAY FROM HOME"!!!!

My Mother lived at the Heritage from 2004-2008. She had been in 2 other assisted living places. When I moved her there, she adjusted to a new "home" very easily making new friends, etc. The staff at that time were the nicest people to work with and always showed her courtesy and becoming some on her best friends. They took care of every need. They always kept in touch with me on how she was doing. I volunteered over there so much of the time
Playing the piano for residents to sing and many other musical activities. One of the favorite things they liked was for me to sing and play the "oldies, but goodies" - having a 'sing-a-long'. They don't forget those songs! If I ever have to go to an assisted living place, this would be top on my list.
I don't see how anyone could Not like the Heritage!

Elaine Cook

Excellent Assisted Living Facility

Very nice facility and staff, would definately recommend to someone needing very light assistance also great food and activities. But mom needed a higher level of assistance than they were able to provide once mom asked to be placed on Hospice. The respite care level of service was just not comprehensive enough to meet her needs.

Again I would rate 5 stars for their assisted living capabilities alone. But have to give it a 2 star for the level of service and training given to employees for those residents in need of additional care.

That averages out to an overall star rating of 3.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for the very nice review of our community and staff. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. Please contact me directly to share more information on why we failed to meet your expectations and how we could improve the quality of services or care going forward.
Phyllis Dowell Executive Director

Great staff

The staff is great. My only concern is the security. It seems like anybody can walk in and not be questioned. It may be because they recognize me. There is always someone at the front desk but it still concerns me.

Sweet Memories

Lovely facility, friendly staff, and so enjoyed seeing the residents. My mother passed away too soon, but really seemed to thrive here and be happy with the little time she had. Dana, Betsy, and Nikki are wonderful! God bless them for all they do and who they are!

Hard decision, but we found the right place.

Was very impressed on first visit. Staff was extremely friendly. Very clean and spacious. Mom has been there a week now and she loves it. She lost her husband a month ago so she is still grieving and trying to adjust to all the changes. It was a hard decision for the whole family but we think it was the right one. The food is great and family can eat with resident for a small fee. She is making new friends and learning to be independent again.

A home for mom - Heritage of Sandy Plains

My Mother-in-Law has been here for two weeks and so far she loves it and so do we. It is clean. The food is great. it feels like a home. The care seems to be good so far.

things in flux, but making improvements

I think they switched owners/management right before my mom moved in. This created a bit of a headache getting everything set up, and some things are still in flux. On the plus side, they are doing town halls once a month to give the residents a chance to say what they do and don't like, and give management a chance to make changes accordingly. The executive directly was EXTREMELY NICE and helpful. They are handling my moms meds, and she has complained about them not always being timely with giving her meds. I actually wish we had moved her in earlier than we did.

I toured Heritage and it was nice.

I toured Heritage and it was nice. I really liked the staff here. My concern was that everything would have been on the second floor, and we were looking more for ground level. It was a very nice place though.

Nice clean facility. I enj...

Nice clean facility. I enjoyed the tour given by Juliette.

Had a wonderful visit. Very...

Had a wonderful visit. Very friendly and the residents seem very happy. Its like fine dining to eat, and the rooms are spacious.

Nobody is perfect, they could be a little better.

Nobody is perfect, they could be a little better. I think the caregivers need more training with memory care needs. Most of them are pretty compassionate, but there are those that maybe shouldn't be caregivers. For the most part they are pretty good, I was expecting a little more because it's memory care. They are not all C.N.A's here. The food is pretty good. I liked that it was smaller. The people up front, were really friendly and nice.

SLC Southeast

As the new Executive Director at Heritage of Sandy Plains, I would love the opportunity to meet with you to personally discuss your concerns. I am very pleased that you find the majority of our staff caring and compassionate and I want to assure you that our main priority is to always provide exceptional care. We are currently implementing additional specialized training for all employees to further improve the quality of life for our residents who suffer from dementia. These ongoing educational opportunities will enable our staff to provide more informed, specialized care. Your honest feedback is much appreciated and I encourage you to contact me directly at your convenience.

A bit on the basic side, bu...

A bit on the basic side, but seems it would do the task. The only real problem I have is that it seems pretty far from everything in terms of its environment (nowhere to go independently in his electric chair). We would like to take some steps here too.

They did not have a welcomi...

They did not have a welcoming feel to the place in my opinion. The rooms felt dark and formal. The bathroom vanity was tall, not friendly to a wheelchair resident. The person giving the tour seemed surprised when I pointed that out. They were very matter of fact and did not seem to care if we were interested or not in their facility.

SLC Southeast

My name is Cheryl Hyde and I am the Executive Director at Heritage of Sandy Plains. I am so sorry to hear that you did not have an excellent experience during your visit with us. The well-being of our residents is our number one priority and we can certainly make accommodations for residents who need wheelchairs or have other special needs. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your visit, and would also love the opportunity to show you the warmth and hospitality that we always strive to display here at The Heritage of Sandy Plains. Please feel free to call me at [removed] or email me at [removed].

53 units all are studio. Mostly with...

53 units all are studio. Mostly with Kitchen. Two available - one facing the front and the other facing the back. $1,000 down and $3,750/month. Small but close to where we live - 5 minute ride. No activities like memoirs. Regular social events. Will provide medication. Level one assisted living is $400/month and part of the $3,750/month. Will prepare special meals if Dad requires soft foods. Trip to WalMart once a month. Good closet space with 2 closets. Will take to Doctor's appointments on Tuesdays in the morning. Well Kept. All utilities included(except telephone & Cable)

Lots of amenities. Large apts. Prett...

Lots of amenities. Large apts. Pretty, good care, good management. Good food! have rates sheet-this year is $3250 ? will go up $300 in 2012 but can secure with $2500 community fee if paid now.

Nice place. Not sure if my dad will ...

Nice place. Not sure if my dad will like the studio size of the apartments