Heritage Middleton - Middleton, WI

• Full-time Activity Director
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Female Residents Accepted
  • Female & Male Residents
  • Respite care available
  • Respite Care
  • Cuisine prepared with seasonal, locally sourced ingredients
  • On-site Nurse
  • Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Attend church/worship services
  • On-site Maintenance Personnel
  • Housekeeping provided
  • Exercise

Beautiful complex and it looks to be a very nice community to live in. My next step is comparing notes of the places I've seen and determine the best fit for our situation. Wonderful staff and information packet...Thanks for the tour!

Brenda Poppy

Thank you for sharing your experience with Heritage Middleton. We are dedicated to making all of our communities feel warm, welcoming and home-like, so we're glad you experienced these feelings on your tour!

Clean facility, fairly well staffed but still long waits when help is needed. After my wife fell at the facility in the middle of the night they were very unwilling to share much information and refused to let me see their written incident report even though I was my wife POA.

Brenda Poppy

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Providing a caring and attentive environment for our residents is very important to us. We take this statement seriously and will have our clinical and quality department follow up on these concerns.

Terrible

Lazy staff. The new management never interacts with the residents. The Dementia Care area smells like urine and the resident's look dirty. Staff spends more time on their cell phones than taking care of my family member. It's a dump.

Brenda Poppy

We’re sorry to learn that your experience at our Middleton community was less than adequate! Providing a clean, safe and caring environment for our residents is very important to us. We take this statement seriously and will have our clinical and quality department follow up on these concerns.

Very nice facility. Thoughtfully designed and well staffed. Ample sized apartments with lots of natural light. I was impressed with the degree of thought that has gone into running this facility.

Brenda Poppy

We are delighted you had such a positive experience with our Heritage Middleton community. Providing a well-designed and pleasant community for our residents is extremely important to us. We appreciate your comments.

Nice Brief Stay

I only stayed at the Heritage Middleton for a brief time while I was recovering. I chose this community because it is close to my home and my family. It is a good looking beautiful building. It is a very clean and welcoming environment. The landscaping surrounding it is very well-kept. The top floor overlooks the lake across the way. The staff was very friendly and caring. The food was excellent. They offer activities but I wasn't there long enough to try them out. I plan on staying in my home for the rest of my life, but I would definitely recommend the Heritage Middleton to friends and family.

Brenda Poppy

We are delighted you had such a positive experience at Heritage Middleton. Providing a friendly and caring environment - for both our short-term guests and long-term residents - is a top priority for us. We appreciate your comments!

I would live here

The food was good, healthy and they offered a variety of choices. The chefs were friendly. The community is very clean. They offer some nice activities and concerts. Mom had a good sized room and the residents seemed happy. The staff were great and I would highly recommend this community.

Brenda Poppy

We're happy to hear you've at such a positive experience with staff, food and activities at Heritage Middleton. Providing an active and positive environment for our residents is a top priority, and we appreciate your comments!

Beautiful!

Beautiful facility. Very clean and staff are friendly and Helpful. The activity room was filled with residents enjoying live music. Very busy activity calendar hanging in the lobby. Definitely superior to our other tours.

Brenda Poppy

We are delighted that your tour went so well. Providing an active, friendly and helpful environment for our guests and residents is very important to us, and we appreciate your comments! - Heritage Senior Living staff

Very good. Within our budget. We'll keep it on our list.

Brenda Poppy

Thank you for considering us. We appreciate the comments. - Heritage Senior Living staff

I liked it!

I toured Heritage and it was the closest match to what my mother needed. It was a nice place and the person that took me around was friendly and informative.

Far from everything!

One of my tours was of Heritage Middleton. This facility was too far and I had a sense that people did not look happy. They had a lot of extra empty rooms. Also, it was way out in the country with no access for the residents to get to places. It was clean and there was nothing wrong with the place, it was just not the best fit for what we were looking for.

Not A Good Experience

My mother isn't doing quite well since her move to this community. I do feel there is room for improvement with the care they provide. When I've brought up my concerns with the staff. The head nurse told me they are very understaffed . We will be moving her to a new community. She needs more care than they are able to provide.

Care and Comfort

The staff are caring and attentive to my parent's needs. The community is clean. There are alot of activities that are offered to my parents, I would recommend the care and value of this nice community to other families.

I took a tour!!

When I toured the Heritage Middleton, everyone was very friendly. The place was clean and very nice but it was too expensive. When we got there, the lady who took us on the tour was prepared.

My father's Care

I was not happy with the care that my father received here. My father did not get the attention here from this community. I do not feel that they gave him the good care and he was not there long. They were not giving him the medications that he required. My father was not here long. They did not have caregivers at night for any care. We would not recommend this community for care. I did see some of the caretakers sleeping in the break room

Very Bad Experience

We had a horrible experience with this community. They were not able to provide the level of care my father needs. They made many promises to us, that they did not follow through with. There mare many improvements that they need to make in the care department. I would not recommend this community.

Awful Experience!!

My dad was only in this community for a short period of time but it was the worse experience and I am very disappointed in the quality of care he received. First of all they should never consider themselves a memory care unit because they did not do one thing that there where supposed to do to help him out. The staff never documented anything or kept any kind of record of what my father had eaten or any of his showers and bathroom visits. Also my wife on two occasions had gone into my fathers room to visit him and had found pills just laying on the floor. When she had asked the staff member what that was from or what the medication was she could not answer that question. My dads teeth also rarely where brushed and he often woke up from his sleep soak and wet because of the lack of bathroom help they provided. Overall my dads experience was awful and I would never recommend this place

Excellent Care

I am happy with the care that is given here. The staff is friendly and very caring. It is a clean community at all times. The food is great and a excellent choice. They do offer her great activities and she does participate alot. I would highly suggest this community for all around great care. The apartments are nice and it has a good location. I feel great knowing she is under good care in a home environment.

The community has fit my loved one's needs so far. The staff is very friendly but could sometimes use some improvement in the communication. They don't always get back to me right away. My loved one has really enjoyed the open concept at this place. He also likes taking walks especially to the dollar store next door to the facility. The meals are good I haven't tried them myself but I have also heard no complaints from him so far.

Heritage Memory Care Unit

Wonderful staff who have been considerate and understanding that this is a new experience for us. They have been quick to assist and suggest solutions.

The needs of our loved one have been addressed promptly and efficiently. The transition has been difficult and the staff at Heritage have helped ease us thru the worst.

Clean environment, great food, interesting activities, nice courtyard… all make the memory care unit feel like a community.

Community is too dark!

The community at Heritage Middleton was a nice community. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They took the time to address all of our questions and concerns. The community could use a brighter paint palette. The hallways were too narrow and the overall feel was not what we wanted for our loved one.

Initial care

Moving my father into assisted living did not go smoothly. There seems to be a real issue of accountability for providing care. It is a systems issue and not an issue of one or two employees. Also, someone with some dementia there is no system in place to orient and help that individual get used to the routine so they can feel very lost. That was my father's experience.

Stay away

Very high turnover. Chronically understaffed. Does not provide services promised and to the point resident safety is compromised

Don't send your loved one here!

I am very disappointed with the care provided at Heritage. The memory care has a poor lay out, high turn over in staff including the Director position, Nurse, and care staff! Many families are VERY unhappy! Rooms are nice, but care staff does not clean. My loved one was often not shaved, bathed, or even engaged. Activities is ok, but do not have enough staff on for cares OR activities! I feared for my Father when I was not there! I would often cry when leaving, but was advanced dementia and felt I could not move him.

Great interaction

The staff here is great and they really seem to care about the residents. The facility seems to be well managed and is always clean. The activities are great! There are so many for the residents to choose from. Great interaction.

Good for the level of care they provide

Our experience with Heritage Middleton was a good one, overall. It's a nice looking place, and the staff seems friendly and professional. Our loved one was a little beyond what they are able to provide, but they did their best until we could move her into a high level care facility.

Excellent facility

Top-notch with an excellent activity coordinator. The building and grounds are well-kept and inviting.

Heartless place

Everything was great until they started hiring really uneducated staff causing the little staff they had to quit or transfer. My father ran away from the totally "secure unit" in memory care. Management only cares about money. They have had 8 different head nurses because they can't handle it. My dad never had showers unless I asked. Staff was very rude and inappropriate and love teasing and mocking the residents. I regret with all my heart putting my dad in there. Night shif was heartless, I used to come check on my dad around 1am just to see how things were and found night staff asleep multiple times and when I told trish the community director she didn't really care and I was very disappointed in this place. [removed]

They take the time to get to know new residents

They take the time to get to know new residents. They make sure its an easy transition. The staff seems knowledgeable and aware of the residents needs. This is a very clean and friendly community. i would recommend the Heritage Middleton to anyone who is searching for a good assisted living facility.

Very nice place!

I think they do a wonderful job overall at Heritage of Middleton! The director here, David, is phenomenal and works so well with both the residents and their families. The care staff here are all incredibly friendly and professional, and I think they treat the people here the way they deserve to be treated. They have all sorts of activities and events, and they do fun little things around the holidays. I also like that they organize social gatherings and bring together all the residents of all the different care levels to meet and interact. It really is just a very nice place overall, I don't have a single negative thing to say about them!

Need Education for staff working with dementia/Alzheimer's!

My father has been a memory care resident at Heritage for over 1 year and things have not gone well.
The staff "mean" well but administration does NOT give proper training to the staff to help them assist residents with dementia/Alzheimer's. They have NO clue.
Nursing has been good when it lasts but it has been over-turned so many times I can't remember if it has been 4 or 5 new head nurses over 9 months time. There is NO carry thru.
Activities is great.
I would recommend Heritage for Independent/Assisted Living but NOT Memory Care.

Recently they have let some good front-line people become disillusioned and leave, while adding more layers of administrators. Loss of a full-time nurse was a bad sign. Basically a race to the bottom line, like most other AL facilities.

My family and I were extremely unhappy...

My dad was the resident at Heritage Memory Care.

Five stars for activities --David, the activities director, was warm, compassionate, and very friendly.
Friendliness - 3 stars. We became very close to some of the caregivers, but once we became concerned about their lack of care, we felt we were getting the cold shoulder.
Cleanliness - 2 stars. My dad wasn't clean, but the building was. My dad's room was cleaned occasionally but never very well.
The other categories = 1 star

My family and I were extremely unhappy with the care my dad received at Heritage (Middleton, WI) Memory Care. His belongings were lost routinely, including his glasses, his hearing aides, and his teeth. We are now in the process of replacing his very expensive bottom dentures for the second time. His face and clothes were usually dirty with food, his head became scabby because it wasn't washed well, and he was often wet. He fell often, and we witnessed his alarm going off but no one coming to attend to him.

I think most of the caregivers at Heritage meant well, but they aren't CNA trained, and some weren't very reliable. One time we asked two different aides to call the nurse because my dad's catheter wasn't working right. They both promised me they would call that evening. Neither one followed through, and my dad came down with a terrible infection as a result. We also asked that my dad receive some TLC after he had some teeth pulled. Nobody offered him saltwater rinses, aspirins, etc. They didn't do anything for him.
The memory care unit went through five different nurses while we were there. If a nurse had been available when my dad fell and gouged his elbow, maybe he wouldn't have had an infection in that elbow for the next three months.

We finally moved my dad to Sebring at Coventry Village and are very happy. He's clean and up and about with his walker (at Heritage he had been reduced to using a wheelchair). He rarely falls anymore. He's safe and well-cared for.

Very accommodating

When my mother was released from the nursing home, my sister and I had to find a place for my Mom and Stepdad in a brief period of time. Our advisor with A Place for Mom was an absolute angel and helped us in any way she could. The Heritage had two spots open and we were lucky to get them in when we did. The community is clean, the staff members are very friendly and our stepdad has taken in some of the activities that are offered. They have both commented that the food is good. Mom is a crafter, but hasn't taken advantage of the craft room yet. They have had a number of visitors and there are open areas and common areas to gather. We're still waiting for an itemized statement because of the quick move in. Right now, Mom is getting medication management from hospice, but she is in a wheelchair and the caregivers are good at helping her with other needs she has. We're happy we were able to have Mom and our stepdad move in to Heritage Middleton. It's very close to both my sister's and my home.

Very conscientious, staff relate well to older residents

I especially like how they looked after my father, in ways that my previous experience, I really had to be on my toes about.

For instance, setting up medical appointments; they've really been on the ball about that kind of thing, and they've never dropped the ball so far.

He gets help getting out of bed, showering, getting to meals. The staff work well together. They're very conscientious about telling my father what they are about to do. He's more comfortable, feels happier, and he feels happier since he's been there.

Attractive but a trace stingy

Heritage is an attractive facility with friendly, helpful staff. The food is of good quality but the serving of food falls on the care staff who is not experienced or trained as waitstaff. For example, it is usually necessary to request butter, jam, etc., or a beverage refill. Unfortunately, the monthly rent also does not include basic cable.

Work to do

In finding the perfect place for my Aunt, this facility is perfect. Having her room on second floor where both dining and activities are held is the perfect solution to minimize confusion in the transition. Also The Heritage is decorated warm and inviting, feels homey. The staff the works on the floor are friendly and fun. However, they are lacking in activities and communication. I am trying to encourage activities that would engage these citizens in meaningful rewarding projects. They have lost many things moving to these facilities, many still have much to give and life to enjoy.

Terrific Staff, Building, and Amenities!

The staff was terrific! They were very helpful in the selection process and addressed my mother's concerns.
Some of the residents included her in their daily activities right away. The food was very good and offered a variety. She loved her little apartment!

My mother passed away after one week of living at Heritage. She had been living at my home with my husband and I for over 5 years. I think she felt comfortable at Heritage and did not want me to deal with her death. The staff were so helpful to me when she died, offering comfort and making the proper calls for me. They told me how much they enjoyed her during her brief stay.

I would recommend Heritage to everyone. The building is set up very well and offered nice amenities. The apartments are well laid out and inviting. She enjoyed watching movies with her new friends in the theater. I think she would have enjoyed living there for many years.
All of the staff were welcoming and very helpful in my mom's adjustment to a new setting.

Heritage Middleton AC/MC after 6 months.

Heritage Middleton AL/MC, opened in early 2013, is located in a beautiful area along Allen Blvd (cty hyw Q) near a large city park. The memory care unit is a well designed, secure setting with private rooms, dining area, enclosed courtyard, activity room, (gas) fireplace, and several seating areas. The caregivers are friendly and helpful.

The only improvement we would like to see would be additional nursing staff and better communications between staff as well as with family. We also look forward to (promised) electronic, and therefore more accurate and legible, MARs.

Their monthly charges, currently at $5050 (can vary by room size) seems high, but is in line with similar facilities in the Madison area.

Activities are offered but my loved one seldom participates. We requested monthly schedules be emailed to family (option offered / chosen at admission) but after 6 months have yet to receive any. Thus lower rating for activities.

They are so helpful!

The weekend I had to move her I needed help, and Heritage was ever so helpful. They are attentive to everyone of her cues. The nursing staff was great she gets a lot of attention. It has taken a lot of stress off of me.

Toured

We toured this place when we were looking into options for our loved one. It was a nice looking community, it was clean and well kept up. We just didn't feel like this one had a good atmosphere, however. It felt very sterile and cold. During our tour we didn't see a single resident out of their room.

Overall with the Heritage I've been happy.

Overall with the Heritage I've been happy. I really love the atmosphere it is nicely decorated. He has a great rapport with the staff. The food would be a three, it's kind of a little bland. I think in the actual lunchroom itself needs some overall ambiance, and some music in the lunchroom, something he can really look forward to when going to the lunchroom, maybe some low symphony music or something that gears to an older audience. A Place For Mom was a great help, I told Dominic what I wanted and he found it. I said I wanted something really snazzy and new. It was new and when you first walked up it had a water fountain, and a fireplace inside, and it was nice. We are happy with it.

Room for Improvement

She hasn't been there that long, but they are not fully staffed. It seems like they are still learning their roles and getting established since it's a new place. There is room for improvement. What they do right now is put the memory care residents with the assisted living residents for some activities, but not all, and I think the improvement needs to come in that if a resident needs less assistant than others, it would be nice to be able to participate with the apartment side for some activities. They really need more time to get the place really running. It's new, so things are in pretty good shape, but when it comes to the people cleaning my mom's room, that needs improvement.

All aspects very promising...

All aspects very promising. Downside is upcoming wait list for Spring. Views not the best and outside areas limited. They take medicaid and COP. Will be able to offer solutions for medical transport.

Toured the Memory Care unit...

Toured the Memory Care unit on Wed for Mom... I talked with Debbie on the phone, but got scheduled with Lisa Ford for the tour. She had only been 'on-the-job' for 3 days so the meeting went ok... Very nice facility, still had availability so Dad was going to complete the application and take a $1,000 check to Lisa on Thursday to hold a room. This will allow us to make a decision and/or put her on the waiting list. We are also scheduling a full evaluation so she qualifies for the weekly Respite Care program. We may take advantage of this to give Dad a break and also get her into the facility on a trial basis. He is still really struggling with the thought of moving her to Heritage permanently. Only time will tell how this all plays out, but a plan is starting to unfold. As for now, Dad will stay living in the house which is only 2 blocks from Heritage.

Visited on Friday, Sept. 20...

Visited on Friday, Sept. 20 w/ Sara. New beautiful place, however concerned not enough staff in place to meet Mom's needs. Only 1 studio available.

Offers respite care

Very clean & new facility. Offered respite for my mother in law while we went on vacation. While we were out of town, my mother in law's caregiver noticed that my mother in law appeared very peaceful and engaged in the planned activities at Heritage. This was a first for her in a long time. After returning from vacation, we decide that it was best to have her reside permanently at Heritage.

Communication is Improving

I just think that they are understaffed and I know that they are new and getting up and running but there's not been great communication with the families. We're always kind of wondering if she's being looked after when she should be. It has gotten a lot better since she's been there but in the beginning that was concern. I think it's a nice facility. I think the people there, both the staff and the other residents, are very friendly. They do provide some nice activities for them to do so that's all good.

Genuinely Good People

Heritage Middleton is just a wonderful community. It is very clean and the staff are just genuinely good people. I am very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone searching for a community for their loved one.

Not Set Up Well For Respite Stays

We only had my mom there for one week so I don't have a super great wealth of knowledge of it. My mom was usually there alone when we weren't there. I don't think they provided a whole lot of care for her so I would say that, for a respite stay, there may not have been enough attention. I would say we thought it maybe wasn't set up quite right for a respite stay. Other than moving the bed and dresser in there they didn't have any more furniture. They set up a card table for her but there was no sofa or chairs or anything. It wasn't set up well for a respite stay.

Too Big

It's very nice - much bigger though and less homey feeling. I think it's just too big and I didn't get the warm fuzzies from the director, the person that gave me the tour, so that made a difference for me too. I asked to see it twice and I didn't feel like she wanted to give me another tour. It was like hurry up and make your decision kind of thing.

Not Convenient For Me

It was more expensive and larger than the community we chose. It was also farther away and I wanted to be closer so I could visit my husband daily if I wanted to. It just wasn't convenient.

Like at First Sight

The reason we choose the “Heritage Middleton” was because of our first tour. The representative took us around and showed us the units that were available and informed us of all the amenities, the tour was really good. They have a really nice atmosphere and their location is ideal. I like the fact that she can from one level of care to the other without have to move to a different community the “age in place” feature is really nice. The food is good and the outdoor commons have plenty of seats and shade for when people just need to get some fresh air.

Lovely, new facility. Seems...

Lovely, new facility. Seems to have plenty of activities and coverage. They do have openings now.

So far, so good

We toured 5 different facilities and chose Heritage Middleton because of the very nice interaction with the employee who called us. Also, the Heritage is almost brand new, it is very nice looking and inviting. It seems they offer quite a few activities but it is too soon to be able to accurately rate them.

Friendly staff. Warm temps-Harold wi...

Friendly staff. Warm temps-Harold will like. Nice to have 5-28 day respite care. Space is secure. Close to home for me.

Heritage Middleton is an assisted living center offering senior citizens the opportunity to maintain their independence and enjoy their lifestyle. Heritage Middleton prides itself on providing luxurious and spacious apartments that feature large closets, private baths and modern conveniences. They are located in beautiful Middleton, Wisconsin. The community consist of 43 apartments that feature an emergency call system in every apartment home. Whether your loved one needs special meals or memory care, they will feel right at home at Heritage Middleton. Finding a senior care home that is warm and inviting is often difficult. Heritage Middleton is proud of the care they offer residents. If your loved one needs assistance with daily needs, you will find a caring medical staff eager to help. Nurses provide an in-home assessment for your loved ones before moving in. A tailored medical care program is designed specifically for your loved one. Nurses also coordinate appointments with outside care providers as needed. Property amenities include your choice between studio, one or two bedroom furnished apartments. Residents are allowed to furnish and decorate their apartment according to their desires. The onsite pub allows for social interaction and other resident program activities. The community center allows residents to take classes, participate in arts and crafts or learn a new hobby. The property also features private patio areas where your loved ones can relax. Nutrition is taken seriously at Heritage Middleton. We consider resident's needs on an individualized basis. We make sure your residents stay in good health by offering snack and hydration programs. Fresh fruits and vegetables are purchased from local farmers markets to ensure the health of all residents. We also pride ourselves on preparing meals with foods taken from our own onsite gardens. We ensure all residents receive their daily nutritional needs and dietary requirements.