BrightStar Senior Living of Madison is a premium, small footprint assisted living and memory care community licensed at the highest level to deliver the utmost in Clinical Excellence. We serve residents with complex health needs and help them continue their life journey in a beautiful, enriching and person-centered environment.

We recently toured this community for the increased needs of a friend. The individual rooms were very spacious, including a refrig and microwave. The staff were very friendly to us and knowledgable about dementia issues. The location was also good. This community was the most expensive we had looked at and due to limited funds decided against it.

Good facility - would benefit from 24/7 MA or Nurse staff on the floors

BrightStar is a fairly new facility that succeeds in employing people who really care. The food is excellent, and they earn points for checking on residents often throughout the day and successfully encouraging them to participate in activities, which a lot of facilities say they will, but really don't. Caregivers strive to meet expectations and the only area of improvement I can see is that they’d benefit from additional hands-on oversight, training, and follow through (from someone with formal training and experience in medical assisting) to ensure care plans are being followed. Also, there have been times when my mom’s care could have been better and we would have felt more reassured if there had been a floor nurse or MA on site 24/7 dispensing all medications and overseeing and documenting medical issues. Both the director and facility nurse are wonderful, dedicated people, but they wear too many administrative hats already to take on the additional tasks of dispensing meds, hands-on training and follow-through that’s needed especially on the memory care floor.

Great staff

The staff here is great and they are very attentive to the residents. It is a small, tight knit community, so there is a family atmosphere. The facility is modern and nicely decorated and always clean.

Very nice looking memory care

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. BrightStar Senior Living seemed like a very nice community. It was a new building, and all of the furnishings seemed well appointed and modern. We looked at the memory care section, and I thought the level of care looked very impressive. They had a very high caregiver to resident ratio. It was one of the more expensive options we saw, but the level of care and quality of the facility looked top notch.

we love them!

We really love BrightStar Senior Living. It is a really small facility where my mother can get good special attention. The staff there is really wonderful.

The only area for improvement I have noticed (which is very minor) is that when we visit in the evening, sometimes it is hard to get out of there. They have a security system in place (which is good, of course) which causes us to have to hunt down a staff member to let us out when we are ready to leave, and that can take a while sometimes.

Other than that, everything has been great and we would highly recommend them.

The best way i can put it

All though In have not been involved with this community very long I think so far so good. It is to early to determine whether the care is adequate, but it seems okay for the time being.

Brightstar is a new Assisted Living community.
The staff is enthusiastic and caring. The facility is well suited for mom's needs.

Review of Brightstar Senior Living in Madison, WI

Brightstar has an amazing staff hat really cares about the community of people who live there. Their programs and outings are well planned and very enjoyable. Families are always welcome. I never have to worry about my mom, and thats wonderful.

Overall I'm happy with BrightStar Sen...

Overall I'm happy with BrightStar Senior Living. The staff is good and they really try to accommodate the wellness portion. I expected more after we moved in. From how things seemed when we toured, they were great and talked up being able to cater and give more one on one care and attention, but weren't able to meet that after we moved in. They really do try though, however there has been a lot of turn over. They have a physician that comes in, which is a large benefit. The activity director is fabulous. They work hard to get people out of their rooms and involved in the wonderful activities. Overall I'm happy with the services and care my mother is receiving.

Great Place for Respite

I am the primary care giver for my 89 year mother. I needed a place to take her for a week while I went on a short vacation. We looked at four places in our neighborhood and decided on Bright Star. Bright Star was not the cheapest, in fact it was the most expensive, but the facility was new, well appointed and the staff were helpful and attentive. I would not hesitate to recommend Bright Star to anyone looking for long stay or respite. We will definitely be coming back.

Review of Bright Star Senior Living

I am so happy with the facility and especially the wonderful care my husband receives at Brightstar. From the director and nurse down through the CNA's and housekeeping, everyone treats my husband like family. The devotion to his care and well being is amazing. Spectacular!

Review for BrightStar Senior Living in Madison, WI

I feel very comfortable having my sister there. I am very impressed with this community. Lots of activities, field trips, great food, wonderful care, beautiful setting, very friendly and caring staff. Nurse Robyn is awesome. Bonnie is awesome. Activity director Maria is awesome. I like the size, small with good care ratio! Like the apartment, and everyone has their own bathroom.

Beautiful facility, friendl...

Beautiful facility, friendly and caring staff. VERY pricey!

Loved it. The rooms are br...

Loved it. The rooms are brand new and nice. The director and employees very nice, very professional, and very helpful. A little nervous about things being priced separately, as I don't want any surprises. I think my mom could be very happy here.

Sounded amazing, but due to...

Sounded amazing, but due to the cost (and a little the location), I opted not to even visit.