Heritage at Deer Creek - New Berlin, WI

• Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Female Residents Accepted
  • Female & Male Residents

So far so good

In the short time that my mother has been here everything has been going fine. She is happy there which is a good thing. The maintenance is a little slow to respond to my liking but overall it is ok. The apartment that my mother has is nice and the people there are nice too. My mother seems to be making friends and during her meals 3 times a day she sits with them. They also interact during the activities that the facility provides. The facility’s appearance also has a homey atmosphere.

Brenda Poppy

We are glad that your mother is doing well at Heritage at Deer Creek. Providing an active and homey environment for our residents and their guests is very important to us. We appreciate your comments!

Everyone was personable but it seemed forced, it seemed dark.

Brenda Poppy

We’re sorry to learn that your experience at Heritage at Deer Creek was less than adequate. Quality matters so we appreciate your input. If you want to let us know more about your experience, please send us the details.

This was a great tour

I was very impressed by the staff and the tour they took me on, The memory care unit is small with 16 beds and it was very nice. They did offer several amenities for the residents. Unfortunately, they did not have any availability at the time.

Great initial find

I am pleased with the decision we made. I would hope that you will ask the same questions after my mother has spend several months at Heritage. I gave the value a lower rating because assisted living is costly.

Did not leave a good impression!!

The staffing seemed poor during our tour of Heritage. There seemed to be a slight odor and it did not look real clean when we walked in. This community did not seem to work for mom.

Nice Tour!!

During my tour i was able to meet some friendly staff. The community from what i saw was clean and organized. Activities are offered to the residents. The tour guide was knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. I feel that i received a proper tour of the place.

Very clean community!

My mom is adjusting to the move to Heritage at Deer Creek. She has made a group of friends and there are a variety of activities for her to enjoy. The food looks very appetizing and they offer a variety of options. The community is very well kept and updated.

I'am Have My Concerns At This Community

Our experiences with this community has been okay. I'am having some issues with the head nurse. Also I'am not really happy with the some of the staff members. It is a nice and clean facility, they do a good job with the cleanliness. They do not offer many activities in the memory care unit, I wish there was more. I'am going to have care meeting with the assisted director, so we can work together to resolve things.

Not pleased with Heritage at Deer Creek.

This review may be premature and hopefully things will improve at Heritage at Deer Creek. However, right now, I would have to give them a failing grade.
They have a very poor system of allowing visitors in and out of the Memory Care unit. You push the doorbell and stand there forever waiting for someone to come and assist you. They really should have cameras set on both sides of the entrance and have someone monitoring the cameras so that they could push a button and allow the door to be opened.
We were informed prior to taking our loved one there that they would be given assistance making their bed. From what I have seen, that is not happening. Also, we were informed that they were doing the laundry, I would assume that also means that they would put the clean laundry away. That also does not seem to be happening.
The staff on that floor does not seem to be very good. In my opinion, they tend to be very lazy.
The staff also changes the TV channel from METV (old sitcoms) to [removed] (BET). The channel should remain on the channel that was set for the loved one.
The staff also turns the heat down. We have always set it high, as our loved one gets cold easily.
I also believe that she is not getting bathed as she is supposed to be. The bath towel does not appear to have been used.
Also, it took way too long to have electrical outlets installed.
I do not mean to be so critical, but hopefully, this review will encourage changes.

The facility nice. They put mulch under the trees last week, they keep the outside looking nice. They do everything you ask them to do. They feed us, keep the rooms nice and clean and they do the laundry.

meals are freshly cooked

I have been very happy so far with Heritage at Deer Creek. They have a fair number of activities at this facility. We have been pleased with just about everything there. The meals are freshly cooked onsite and really good. Overall it has been a good experience so far.

A Wonderful Place for Mom.

Mom is very happy at Heritage. She was nervous about moving from her condo. It's now been 1month. She likes that she has all the privacy she wants. She feels the whole staff is very kind and caring. When she presses her call button, someone responds very promptly. And with a smile! The food is good, her only complaint is they "give me too much"! Our family has much less stress and it's great to visit and be able to spend time with mom instead of taking care of chores that she no longer could do herself. We also know that if she needs help any time of day she doesn't have to wait till one of her children can get there.
The staff has been very responsive to any of our concerns.
Our family and Mom highly recommend Heritage at Deer Creek.

A Wonderful Place for Mom.

The staff has been very responsive to any of our concerns.
Our family and Mom highly recommend Heritage at Deer Creek.

Encouraging and concerned staff

From our first visit and tour of Heritage we have been impressed. The staff keeps us informed about the various activities our mother is involved with at Heritage. When we send emails to the nursing staff, they respond within a day.

Since Mom has been there for about 4 weeks she has gained weight, which was a blessing. There are 2 birds that are a joy for her to watch and talk with. Also, the garden area will provide many planting opportunities.

It seemed dark. There weren't really any activities going on.

I toured here when I was looking for options. It seemed dark. There weren't really any activities going on. The staff didn't really seem that knowledgeable. This isn't something I think I would choose.

1-5, 5 being the best, I rate Heritag...

1-5, 5 being the best, I rate Heritage at Deer Creek a 6. It's that good. Besides prices being too high, I am pleased with the services they provide, cleanliness of the facility, staff is friendly, and care is good.

Things are going really well so far.

Things are going really well so far. We are pretty happy with them. It's clean and there are no odors. It's a really good place. They have a really good patient to staff ratio. It's relatively small. Everyone is pretty talkative and friendly. They are pretty attentive and responsive, and will call me if there is an issue. They do some outings, and they took them to a Brewers game. The food seems to be good. They had good reviews, and a waiting list, and that made me pretty confident.

Of the many assisted living...

Of the many assisted living / memory care units I visited in a week, left happy. First impressions, no nursing home smell upon entering, residents were laughing, a group was organizing their newsletter, group watching TV and the staff was very attentive to the residents. Did not feel rushed, given time to look at various apt. layout plans while having my questions answered. This was the only Heritage facility that gave me a follow-up call the next day and again at the end of the week to thank me for touring and any questions I still may have. Was told that my parents will be a welcomed addition to their fine residents. This impressed me the most as I had in my work history many years of hospitality and customer service as a buyer. Follow-ups are very important as it shows interest and effort. Ivory and the staff went out of their way to greet saying Hello, how are you etc.,. with smiles in their voices. Beautiful quiet park like location yet close to main fare of grocery stores, restaurants, doctor clinics and hospitals. Airport also close by for out of town relatives.

Overall, we are very happy with this ...

Overall, we are very happy with this choice. It is very clean, and the staff are always very friendly! Our loved ones have not yet participated in the activities, but they do offer them. The price is comprable to others in the area. It's a big jump from the price of assisted living, but it's reasonable. They were able to find a 2 bedroom assisted living apartment here, which is much better than paying for two separate apartments.

Close prox to sister, easy ...

Close prox to sister, easy to work with business mgr, good staff to resident ratio

This was our favorite, but ...

This was our favorite, but the halls seemed rather narrow, and the entrance was very small, gave the feeling of being 'closed in'.

More Outing Would Be Nice

They could use some improvement on the activities. I think they could have more variety and just overall more activities. They don't offer many trips out. I'd like to see a lot more opportunities for the residents to go out into the world. It's a very quiet, secluded place which is kind of nice but it's also secluded in that you can't get anywhere walking. I think the overall structure of the building is very nice. Both the caregiver and administrative staff are responsive and attentive. It's a very nice place.

They Are Great!

The price was very competitive. My mom doesn't need a ton of care but what she needs is good. They check and make sure that she takes her medicine in the morning and the afternoon, they do her meals and housekeeping and they help her with a shower if she needs it. They are very good. It's been a god send of relief for me. They have plenty of activities. My mother was never one to do those kind of things and she goes to everything that she can! She adapted right away.

Conveniently Located

The community is very clean it provides a very home like feeling. It is very personable and we felt it was a good fit for my parents. It is very conveniently located to lots of different shopping and things to do. It is also located in the really nice part of town. When you pull off the main road the driveway is lined with trees on both sides. Then when you arrive there is one part that is lined with trees and has a natural preserve. This community has a very scenic feel to it. The staff was very impressive, especially Ben Petterson he could not have done a better job answering all my questions. I would recommend this community to anyone that is looking for a community for their loved ones.

Toured this once

Toured this once

Only apartments, not bed/bath Memor...

Only apartments, not bed/bath Memory care no t ready Doctor needs to deem incompetent cannot make own decisions Studio price includes shower housekeeping laundry meds two meals per day Unfurnished

I did not tour this facility. Thier...

I did not tour this facility. Thier West Allis location is very nice.

Sounds excellent. We like the location.

Sounds excellent. We like the location.

ASSISTED LIVING: Heritage at Deer Creek is an elegant yet affordable 43-unit Assisted Living Community located in New Berlin, Wisconsin.

Choose between studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. Within each apartment is a kitchenette, private bath and walk-in shower, individually controlled heating and air conditioning, and a reassuring emergency call pendent.

Our small size allows us to personalize care and services to meet the needs of each individual resident. Heritage at Deer Creek is dedicated to nurturing the body, nurturing the spirit and engaging the mind of each resident while respecting their dignity and well-being.

MEMORY CARE: Heritage at Deer Creek Memory Care Neighborhood is located on the campus of Deer Creek Village in New Berlin, Wisconsin. We specialize in the care of residents with Alzheimer's disease or related memory loss. Our neighborhoods offer residents private furnished or unfurnished accommodations that can be decorated with personal items, all within a secure, uncomplicated building.