We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
- Meals Provided
- Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
- Housekeeping provided
- On-site Nurse
- In-House Therapy Providers
- Personal Laundry
About Brookdale Brookfield Assisted Living/Crossings - Brookfield, WI
Brookdale Place Brookfield provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.
Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.
The assisted living facility at Brookdale Brookfield offers independent and assisted living care for seniors in Brookfield, Wisconsin. Whether gathering in the family room, choosing a book from the facility library or having coffee in the outdoor courtyard, there is a selection of activities and programs to enjoy with new friends and neighbors. The diversified recreational program here offers activities centered around personal requests, and the staff takes pride in making each day rewarding.
Nearby attractions make exciting day excursions and may include a tour of the Harley-Davidson Museum, Potawatomi Bingo Casino, the Brookfield County Zoo or cheering on one of Milwaukee's pro sports teams. Residents can join trips to local boutiques and restaurants or enjoy a peaceful scenic drive.
- Walk Score: The walk score is 17 - almost all errands require a car.
- Median Age: As a whole, the population in Brookfield seems to be aging. The average age here is 39.
- # of Senior Housing Facilities in the Area . All 3,969 communities in the area differ in the levels of care offered, medical services offered, the type of residential accommodation and pricing.
- Weather Averages: Brookfield's highest monthly temperature average for July is 72 degrees Fahrenheit and 24 degrees for January. The city has seen a -15 degree low in February and a 97 degrees high in July. Average annual rainfall is 34.93 inches. There is little to no snow precipitation.
Healthcare and Safety
Brookfield has a number of hospitals and healthcare practices accepting various coverage plan options. Most Medicare residents are treated for heart disease and pneumonia, and the average Medicare reimbursement per enrollee is $8,712. Brookfield has a 1 to 139 doctor-to-patient ratio.
- Hospitals and Health Facilities in the Area: Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - Elmbrook Memorial Hospital, Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative, ProHealth Medical Group
- Crime Rate: Crime is relatively low with little more than a 3 percent chance of residents becoming victims of violent crime compared to higher numbers in neighboring areas.
Sporting, Leisure, Food, and Entertainment
Seniors can enjoy the serenity of local parks and wonder of iconic museums in Brookfield. There is a solid tradition of local events in Brookfield that emphasizes strong pride in the community. Farmers markets, Independence Day activities and a recurring holiday market bring residents and visitors together to experience the best of Brookfield's quality life.
- Shopping: It only takes a visit to realize that Brookfield is one of the best places to shop and dine in Wisconsin. Up and down Bluemound Road, national brand name stores sit next to local boutiques in sleek malls and broad plazas. Hidden shopping gems include Brookfield Fashion Center, Galleria West, The Plaza, Fountain Square, and the Shoppes at Brookfield Commons. In the heart of the city on Calhoun Road, Ruby Isle is a Brookfield landmark.
- Dining: Seniors can choose five-star fine dining, casual or quick, with more than 150 options for dining. Brookfield has it all, family-friendly or date-night approved, Brookfield's restaurants serve up a feast of flavors for taste buds of all types. From traditional ethnic chain favorites like Chili's, Chipotle and Carrabba's to more contemporary choices like Cooper's Hawk and Bonefish Grill and homestyle favorites like Chick-fil-A, Noodles and Panera, your inner foodie can go on a world tour without ever leaving Brookfield. Sendik's Towne Center is also a treasure trove of fine food, shopping and dining not to be missed.
- Golf Courses: Wisconsin features a number of golf courses for the learner and the seasoned golfer. Amongst these is Brookfield Hills Golf Course located approximatly 15 minutes west of Milwaukee. New Berlin Hills Golf Course is recognized as one of the premier Milwaukee golf course.
- Tennis Courts/Clubs: The Country Club's tennis courts is a must for any tennis player. The Club features a swimming pool for when you want to frolic in the sun. Group and individual tennis and swim lessons are available for all levels of ability and ages. Complimentary adult water aerobics are also offered.
- Parks: Brookfield is home to some of Southeastern Wisconsin's most beautiful parks and recreation areas. The Greenway Trail system spans Brookfield with a system of off-street trails perfect for a warm-weather stroll. Fox Park offers a quarry lake, volleyball area, and sandy beach. Walk or jog the mile-long trail or simply relax and watch the wildlife.
Brookfield and surrounding areas offer much for senior weekend activity.
- Harley-Davidson motorcycles bring heart-thumping adventure, life-changing freedom and a bit of rebellion into the lives of people around the world. Whether you were born to be wild or mild makes no difference at the Harley-Davidson Museum in nearby Milwaukee, Wisconsin, which is only 20 minutes away. Much more than a nostalgia trip for motorcycle enthusiasts, the Museum offers a glimpse of American history and culture like you've never seen before, through the successes and trials of an iconic American company.
- Theaters and Museums : Whether your preference is opera, symphony, theater, or art, you'll find something to entertain you in the Brookfield area. Brookfield is just 20 minutes away from downtown Milwaukee's Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, Milwaukee Art Museum and the Pabst Theater, which all offer a perfect night out on the town. The Sharon Lynn Wilson Center for the Arts is known as one of the finest multidisciplinary cultural arts center in the nation. The Marcus Majestic Cinema offers 16 state-of-the-art auditoriums. Elm Grove's own Sunset Playhouse is the first in Wisconsin to be built entirely by a community theater group. These attractions are worthy of their own standing ovation.
More than 30 churches exist in the Brookfield area, representing most major denominations. These churches enrich the spiritual life of area residents and offer many valuable services to the community. Here are some faith and worship centers in the area.
- Assemblies of God
- Baha'i Faith
- Christian Reformed Church
- Christian Science
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Jewish (Reform)
- Sikh Religious Society
- Unitarian Universalist
- United Church of Christ