Brookdale Brookfield AL - Brookfield, WI

• Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Housekeeping provided
  • On-site Nurse
  • Library
  • In-House Therapy Providers
  • Personal Laundry

Very Pleased

My sister has only been here for a short time, but so far, things seem to going very well at Brookdale. The staff is very helpful, it's a clean faculty, and I like that they have an intermediate program for those between assisted living and memory care. The food is very good here. They serve a Mediterranean diet, which is excellent, because that is what my loved one prefers. I also really like that everyday, they have about 6 or 7 activities going on, even on weekends. It seems to be a very lively community, and we are very pleased with it so far.

April Jehlik

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear that your sister is enjoying her new home and likes the Mediterranean diet that we serve as well as our robust activity schedule. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do as your sister adjusts to her new home. We are so happy that you entrusted Brookdale as your senior living provider.
Brookdale Brookfield Management Team

Lovely campus, mom and dad liked a lot. No option for independent living. Start with assisted living. Not an option.

April Jehlik

Thank you for visiting our Brookfield campus! Although we do not offer independent living to meet your parents current needs, we are happy to assist in the future if something should change with their care needs. In the meantime, please feel free to call our sales department at [removed] for recommendations on local independent living communities that that we currently partner with.

Nice Community

Brookdale Brookfield was a very nice community. The staff was friendly. It was very clean and well-kept. We chose another community that was more in-line with our budget.

April Jehlik

Thank you for you review of Brookdale Brookfield! We are glad that you had a nice visit of our community. Please keep us in mind if anything should change in the future for your loved one or if you know od anyone else needing assisted living.

Safe, Secure and Cared For

Brookdale Brookfield AL seems to be a good fit for our loved one. The staff is very friendly. They are very easy to communicate with if we have any questions or concerns regarding our loved one's well-being. They keep us informed and updated by phone. Where our loved one is living there are only a few residents on the same floor so the staff is very attentive to care needs. The staff is very welcoming to our family when we come to visit. We have heard no complaints regarding the meals they provide. Our loved enjoys participating in the activities provided. It is a very clean and well-kept community. They provide outside areas and enclosed patios for the residents to enjoy the outdoors. We are very satisfied with the security measures that they provide to keep our loved one safe. I would recommend this community to others.

April Jehlik

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled to hear that your loved one is enjoying their stay at Brookdale Brookfield and is enjoying all of the activities! Our staff truly loves what they do each and every day and nothing makes up happier than hearing positive feedback from families. Please let us know at anytime if you or your loved one has questions or concerns.

Loved it!

I loved the tour we took of Brookdale Brookfield. I would like to live here if ever need be in the future! It is a beautiful community. The staff was very friendly. It was homey and inviting. We chose another community for our loved one based on her care needs.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your kind review! Please let us know if we are able to assist with your loved one in the future or anyone else that you may know.

Exceeded our expectations

The staff are excellent they go above and beyond. They keep my loved one involved in daily activities. They are responsive when we need anything or have questions. The doctor comes in regularly and is really good. The nurse on staff is nice. My loved one likes the food and they offer a good variety of choices. The community is clean and the grounds are well maintained. They tailor the care to the residents needs and I would highly recommend this community.

April Jehlik

Thank you so much for your review of Brookdale Brookfield! We are so happy to hear that we have exceeded your expectations. We strive for excellence in everything we do and love when we hear the positive feedback from families. It really is why we all at Brookdale are in senior living. Please share your experience with any family and friends that may also have a loved one in need of assisted living.
Brookdale Brookfield Management Team

Thanks for scheduling tour here.
[Removed] was Very helpful, educational and informative!
Brookdale is a great facility, but 1 bedroom is smaller then they have now.

April Jehlik

We appreciate your review on your visit to Brookdale Brookfield. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can assist you with as you are search for a senior living community. We can be reached directly at [removed].

My tour

This looked like a nice community when I visited. The community does have smaller studio rooms. The people I met during the tour were nice. I knew mom would not be happy with the size of the rooms at this community.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your review of our community and your visit. We understand that room size is personal preference and at times our available suite sizes are not always the right fit for everyone. We do have one bedroom apartments available in our assisted living community which are very spacious. Currently, they are all occupied but you would have the option of being added to our waitlist if that is something you are interested in. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our team. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Need To Explain Their Respite Services Better, But Overall Fine Experience

My husband was in this community for a respite stay. It was a decent experience, but I do feel they were concerned more about the amount of paid respite days he had available, than his care. We were just looking into option to help him recover. When we first spoke with this community, they were informative. However once we got in the community, nobody assisted further. I was confused with how their respite services worked. They could had explained that better. I felt like it was more for their convenience. than ours.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your feedback. We always strive to provide the best care and communication regarding our services that we provide, including respite. Please feel free to contact our Executive Director to discuss your concerns further ([removed]).
Brookdale Management Team

Beautiful place, really nice staff.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you had a wonderful experience at Brookdale Brookfield. If you should have any questions from your visit, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Brookfield Management Team

Critical Review

My relative required a higher level of physical care than this facility was able to provide. There were times when staff did not respond in a timely manner due to the limited number of caregivers onsite at any given time.

The management staff was very helpful and attentive but this couldn't overcome the response tardiness that had been experienced at different times.

In our opinion, the food variety and quality did not meet the expectations given what we had been told.

April Jehlik

We appreciate your feedback. We are dedicated to ensuring that our residents are provided with the best care while they live at Brookdale Brookfield and are sorry that we did not meet your needs. If you would like to discuss your concerns in further detail, please contact our Executive Director.
Brookdale Brookfield Management Team

Have toured 4 other facilities and still come back to Brookdale....I have one tour today and am making a decision.
[Removed]

April Jehlik

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you had the opportunity to visit Brookdale Brookfield. We have been serving seniors in Brookfield for over 3 decades and are very proud of the care that we provide. Please let us know if you have any questions as you are making your decision on a community. We are confident that you would be please with moving your loved one into our community!
Brookdale Brookfield Management

My tour

The people I met during my tour were nice and knowledgable. The community seemed clean and they seemed to offer some nice amenities. This community was just a little larger than what we were looking for.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your review! For some residents our assisted living community in Brookfield can be too larger so keep in mind that we do have a smaller assisted living community just 15 minutes away in Sussex. Please let us know if you would like information about this community and we would be happy to set up a visit if you are interested. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.
Brookdale Management Team

I would recommend this community.

Mom is still adjusting to living at this community. The staff have been very nice, encouraging and attentive. Mom seems to like the food, however she has not yet started to participate in any of the activities offered. They keep the community well taken care of.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your review! We are so glad that you are pleased with the care and food we are providing for your mom. Please let us know if there are any specific activities that you think your mom would enjoy. We also encourage residents to participate and sometime it can take a little to adjust to their new environment and schedule. Susan in activities would be more than happy to meet with you if you would like to discuss activities specific to your mom that she may enjoy participating in. Have a great day and please let us know at any time if you have any questions of concerns.
Brookdale Brookfield Management

Tour for mom

I toured this community I did not like the small rooms. The community had a odor from something that had been cooked and that was not good. We know that they have activities for the residents. Families might want to consider a tour of this community for the care of a loved one.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your review and feedback. Brookdale Brookfield does have a variety of floor plans and depending on availability does offer brand new 1 bedroom apartments with kitchenettes. We do prepare all of our meals fresh from our kitchens and depending on the cuisine sometimes the aromas do linger. We will see if there is a remedy that we can put in place for meals that may have a stronger scent. Please feel free to contact our Sales Manager, Shelley, if you should have any questions following your visit with us. Have a great day!

A great community for care

I toured this community for the care of my father. I liked the community and cleanliness. The staff was nice and caring. They have a chef that makes what the resident want for any meal time. They had a nice variety of activities. We would of liked this community, but it was more than what we could afford. Highly recommend in every area.

April Jehlik

Thank you so much for your review! We are indeed proud of the care we provide and have been doing so for almost 3 decades in Brookfield. I am sorry to hear that your father was not a fit financially for Brookdale Brookfield but please keep us in mind again in the future should you know of anyone with assisted living of memory care needs.

Beautiful facility!!

I really liked the Brookdale Brookfield. I got a good feeling when I walked in there for my tour. The people were all very friendly and the memory care unit was across the road. The main dealbreaker for this place was the distance I would have to drive in order to see my loved ones.

April Jehlik

We are so happy that you had an opportunity to visit Brookdale Brookfield Assisted Living & Alzheimer's Dementia Care. We are very proud of reputation and have been caring for seniors for over 25 years. In some cases, families have found that it is worth driving a little further to find the best care for their loved one. If there are any questions you may have in your search, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you!

Tour was comprehensive and comforting. [Removed] was knowledgeable, compassionate and also moved rapidly get a nurse's to assess my mom's readiness. The building is being added on to and older sections refurbished so it looks like new in most areas. The handicap accessible bathrooms were especially nicely done. We also ate lunch there as part of the tour and it was good.

April Jehlik

We are glad that you enjoyed your visit at Brookdale Brookfield! We are very proud of our reputation and are very excided that our remodel is almost complete. Please let us know if you have any questions or would like to visit for a 2nd time.

What I saw!

This seemed like a nice community when we visited it. The staff were nice and it looked clean. Mom and I just did not like the feel of this community . This community seemed to be for residents that needed more care than mom does.

April Jehlik

Thank you for visiting our community and for your review. Brookdale Brookfield Assisted Living holds a CBRF license and allows our residence the opportunity to age in place and typically will not need to move into another community with a higher level of care. Because of this, we do have a range of acuities. We are pleased that you thought highly of our staff and property. We are very proud to have served seniors for 25+ years in Brookfield. Please keep us in mind in the future as your mothers needs may change. We are also more than happy to assist you in your search if you would like recommendations of other properties that may be a better fit for your mom.

Welcoming Community

This is a lovely community and my tour went well. From what I saw everything looked nice and clean. The staff was kind and friendly. They answered my questions and were informative. Everybody was very welcoming and cheerful. This is a lovely community with kind people.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you had a great visit at Brookdale Brookfield. We have been serving seniors in the community for over 25 years and are confident that we can provide that solution for your loved one. Please do not hesitate to contact us at [removed] should you have any questions during your search. Our Sales Manager or Executive Director would be happy to assist you.

A Good Facility

This is a good facility, I was pleased with everything they did for my in law's. They do a very good job with keeping the facility well maintained. The staff is very kind and friendly. There are many activities offered for the residents. The food is good, they serve good meals. It is good facility that I would recommend.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your review! We strive to give the best care to our residents and are always there to meet their needs. We are fortunate to have the opportunity to care for residents like your in-laws and appreciate your feedback! I will pass the positive review onto all of your staff to let them know what a great job they are doing!
Brookdale Brookfield Management Team

Our contact at Brookdale was very helpful and knowledgeable about our specific needs. We met many of the staff and several residents during our tour. All areas we toured were well maintained and clean. The facilities are in the process of being remodeled and a new addition added. They will have new one bedroom accommodations we are looking for available in approximately 6 weeks. We will definitely consider this facility for placement.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your visit at Brookdale Brookfield and are available at [removed] should you have any questions during your search. Brookdale Brookfield has been serving seniors in the community for over 25 years and are confident that we can be the solution for your loved one. Please feel free to reach out at any time and speak with our Sales Manager or Executive Director if you have any additional questions.

Review of Brookdale Brookfield AL - Brookfield, WI

This facility was under pretty major construction. They didn’t seem real organized.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your feedback. We are under a 2 year construction project and are making every effort possible to make this as seamless as possible for our current and future residents. The construction project is an exciting time for our residents to make Brookdale Brookfield a better community for everyone. We apologize for any inconvenience that construction has made for you. Construction will be complete in spring of 2017 and we invite you to come back for a visit and see all of the wonderful changes that have taken place. If you have any other concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact our community directly at [removed] and ask for the Executive Director.

Too soon to say.

We are still in the process of ironing out a few things with Brookdale Brookfield but it seems to be going good so far. Dad just moved in not that long ago and he seems to be comfortable there although he is still trying to get use to the change. He enjoys the food and the community has lots of activities to keep the residents busy. The activities aren't really Dad's thing and the staff respect that enough to not pester him to join in. I'm hoping that Brookdale works out for Dad.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that your dad is enjoying his new home at Brookdale Brookfield. If there is ever anything you or your dad should need or have questions about, please do not hesitate to let our staff know. We strive to ensure that all of our residents are happy and that all of their needs are met.

Review of Brookdale Brookfield AL - Brookfield, WI

Currently undergoing renovation. Limited room availability until April 2016.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your feedback. We are under a 2 year construction project and are making every effort possible to make this as seamless as possible for our current and future residents. The construction project is an exciting time for our residents to make Brookdale Brookfield a better community for everyone. Because this is such a large project, we are needing to be flexible with our room availability and adapting to changes and we apologize for any inconvenience that construction has made. Construction will be complete in spring of 2017 and we invite you to come back for a visit and see all of the wonderful changes that have taken place. If you have any other concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact our community directly at [removed] and ask for the Executive Director.

Poor quality

Very disappointed. My grandma's room is often very dirty. She has to wait quite a while for help. She fell recently and no one contacted the family. Individual assistants seem nice - but cannot recommend at all. They do little to try to involve my grandma in activities. She sits alone in her room.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. We have passed along your feedback to our regional operations team for review.

Lies

A horrible place to live! They aren't anything like they say they are!

Brookdale feels homey and comfortable. Very clean and friendly place. The residents seem to have a good comraderie with one another. Thank you for the pleasant visit

Very pleased

My brother and sister in-law have been in direct contact with the Brookdale Place Brookfield, but I was in touch with a place for mom and that's how we found this place. I know that we are happy with everything. My Mom is ninety seven and everything seems just fine. The only thing would be if she would be asked about activities, because she is not an initiator. Other than that, everything is fine. We are happy.

seemed very nice, but did n...

seemed very nice, but did not have apartments and was only assisted living

Very friendly and accommodating staff

They've done an excellent job at Brookdale Place, I'd give them top marks across the board! The staff have all been very friendly, and very helpful. They've done a great job helping my loved one settle into the community, they gave him a good idea of all of the services and activities they provide without him feeling like they were trying to push anything on him.

I saw this today before we ...

I saw this today before we talked. It was nice facility with lots of common areas, own PT staff and medicine control. It felt like staff and residents were like family. But not what I was expecting, hoping more for apartment style to ease mom with dad's needs.

Beautiful place.

Beautiful place.

Higher Care Needs

Brookdale Place was a little closer to a nursing home feel. It was a nice facility because it's nearly brand new but it just wasn't appropriate for my father-in-law because it was too much like a nursing home rather than an independent apartment. The studios were really very small. I think they did that on purpose to get people out into the activity rooms and things. If my father-in-law needed more care it would have been a good place for him.

They called me and I went for a visit...

They called me and I went for a visit. Very nice facility. Require 2 years private pay first. Is farther than I would like, but will consider it.

Looks nice. Good location

Looks nice. Good location

Brookdale Place Brookfield provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

The assisted living facility at Brookdale Brookfield offers independent and assisted living care for seniors in Brookfield, Wisconsin. Whether gathering in the family room, choosing a book from the facility library or having coffee in the outdoor courtyard, there is a selection of activities and programs to enjoy with new friends and neighbors. The diversified recreational program here offers activities centered around personal requests, and the staff takes pride in making each day rewarding.

Nearby attractions make exciting day excursions and may include a tour of the Harley-Davidson Museum, Potawatomi Bingo Casino, the Brookfield County Zoo or cheering on one of Milwaukee's pro sports teams. Residents can join trips to local boutiques and restaurants or enjoy a peaceful scenic drive.

City Info

- Walk Score: The walk score is 17 - almost all errands require a car.

- Median Age: As a whole, the population in Brookfield seems to be aging. The average age here is 39.

- # of Senior Housing Facilities in the Area . All 3,969 communities in the area differ in the levels of care offered, medical services offered, the type of residential accommodation and pricing.

- Weather Averages: Brookfield's highest monthly temperature average for July is 72 degrees Fahrenheit and 24 degrees for January. The city has seen a -15 degree low in February and a 97 degrees high in July. Average annual rainfall is 34.93 inches. There is little to no snow precipitation.

Healthcare and Safety

Brookfield has a number of hospitals and healthcare practices accepting various coverage plan options. Most Medicare residents are treated for heart disease and pneumonia, and the average Medicare reimbursement per enrollee is $8,712. Brookfield has a 1 to 139 doctor-to-patient ratio.

- Hospitals and Health Facilities in the Area: Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - Elmbrook Memorial Hospital, Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative, ProHealth Medical Group

- Crime Rate: Crime is relatively low with little more than a 3 percent chance of residents becoming victims of violent crime compared to higher numbers in neighboring areas.

Sporting, Leisure, Food, and Entertainment

Seniors can enjoy the serenity of local parks and wonder of iconic museums in Brookfield. There is a solid tradition of local events in Brookfield that emphasizes strong pride in the community. Farmers markets, Independence Day activities and a recurring holiday market bring residents and visitors together to experience the best of Brookfield's quality life.

- Shopping: It only takes a visit to realize that Brookfield is one of the best places to shop and dine in Wisconsin. Up and down Bluemound Road, national brand name stores sit next to local boutiques in sleek malls and broad plazas. Hidden shopping gems include Brookfield Fashion Center, Galleria West, The Plaza, Fountain Square, and the Shoppes at Brookfield Commons. In the heart of the city on Calhoun Road, Ruby Isle is a Brookfield landmark.

- Dining: Seniors can choose five-star fine dining, casual or quick, with more than 150 options for dining. Brookfield has it all, family-friendly or date-night approved, Brookfield's restaurants serve up a feast of flavors for taste buds of all types. From traditional ethnic chain favorites like Chili's, Chipotle and Carrabba's to more contemporary choices like Cooper's Hawk and Bonefish Grill and homestyle favorites like Chick-fil-A, Noodles and Panera, your inner foodie can go on a world tour without ever leaving Brookfield. Sendik's Towne Center is also a treasure trove of fine food, shopping and dining not to be missed.

- Golf Courses: Wisconsin features a number of golf courses for the learner and the seasoned golfer. Amongst these is Brookfield Hills Golf Course located approximatly 15 minutes west of Milwaukee. New Berlin Hills Golf Course is recognized as one of the premier Milwaukee golf course.

- Tennis Courts/Clubs: The Country Club's tennis courts is a must for any tennis player. The Club features a swimming pool for when you want to frolic in the sun. Group and individual tennis and swim lessons are available for all levels of ability and ages. Complimentary adult water aerobics are also offered.

- Parks: Brookfield is home to some of Southeastern Wisconsin's most beautiful parks and recreation areas. The Greenway Trail system spans Brookfield with a system of off-street trails perfect for a warm-weather stroll. Fox Park offers a quarry lake, volleyball area, and sandy beach. Walk or jog the mile-long trail or simply relax and watch the wildlife.

Attractions

Brookfield and surrounding areas offer much for senior weekend activity.

- Harley-Davidson motorcycles bring heart-thumping adventure, life-changing freedom and a bit of rebellion into the lives of people around the world. Whether you were born to be wild or mild makes no difference at the Harley-Davidson Museum in nearby Milwaukee, Wisconsin, which is only 20 minutes away. Much more than a nostalgia trip for motorcycle enthusiasts, the Museum offers a glimpse of American history and culture like you've never seen before, through the successes and trials of an iconic American company.

- Theaters and Museums : Whether your preference is opera, symphony, theater, or art, you'll find something to entertain you in the Brookfield area. Brookfield is just 20 minutes away from downtown Milwaukee's Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, Milwaukee Art Museum and the Pabst Theater, which all offer a perfect night out on the town. The Sharon Lynn Wilson Center for the Arts is known as one of the finest multidisciplinary cultural arts center in the nation. The Marcus Majestic Cinema offers 16 state-of-the-art auditoriums. Elm Grove's own Sunset Playhouse is the first in Wisconsin to be built entirely by a community theater group. These attractions are worthy of their own standing ovation.

Religious Facilities

More than 30 churches exist in the Brookfield area, representing most major denominations. These churches enrich the spiritual life of area residents and offer many valuable services to the community. Here are some faith and worship centers in the area.

- Assemblies of God