Henderson House Assisted Living - Toledo, OH

OUTSTANDING residence!! The home Was beyond beautiful. The tour with [Name removed] and [Name removed] was impeccable!! Two of the most knowledgeable and Pleasant people iive met. The home was newly remodeled and just absolutely gorgeous !
There is everything my father would need to keep him safe and in great company. I trust them completely to take great care of my father.
I highly recommend Grace at Ecorse to anyone who is looking to place a mom or dad. They will be in great hands

[Removed], the owner and director was absolutely wonderful. She spent hours with me explaining dementia and the affect that it has on the resident and the family. The home is cozy and well taken care of. I am so happy that we chose this facility to place my mom. [Removed] has been there with our family all the way. I have to thank her from the bottom of my heart.

It had a very homey feeling to it

It had a very homey feeling to it, but it didn't look like there were enough staff on hand at the community. We went during the lunch hour and the person that was showing us around let us know one of the staff was on lunch. There were only about four or five women living there. There was a dog that was there as well, but mom doesn't do well with dogs. It wasn't clear if the dog was there all the time, but we didn't inquire. We got there during lunch and while the kitchen was cluttered it was because of lunch preparation.

It's a good place for a mobile resident

The communal areas like the living room, and hallways, are better kept than the bathrooms, which are okay, the could do a better job with the personal spaces. The staff are very friendly. Sometimes when we call we don't get a response, and I don't feel that there is a sure way to get in touch. It's a fifty-fifty shot when I call that someone will answer. They don't have call buttons in the rooms, they say that they just check very frequently. They don't have an elevator to the second floor, they have a chair lift. It's a good place for a mobile resident, some who can get around but still has dementia.

only one room, and some don...

only one room, and some don't have bathrooms.

like home, closeknit, 24 hr awake staff

like home, closeknit, 24 hr awake staff

It is very nice and homey.

It is very nice and homey.

Henderson House is a licensed 12 bedroom assisted living community that provides personal care for each resident. Its unique setting offers a family style atmosphere where three home cooked meals a day can be enjoyed in the company of friends and family. The three living areas encourage activities although the residents can retire at will to their private rooms. Henderson House encourages independence, dignity and a quality lifestyle, with assistance available 24 hours a day. Well trained, compassionate caregivers are here at all times to keep residents safe and comfortable. In addition, Co-Owner/R.N., Kim Bigelow, acts as a liaison between the family physicians, therapists, hospice and other medical assistance as needed.
Henderson House gives an option for care not found in nursing homes or retirement centers. Our residents can maintain their daily routines and their personal dignity in cozy surroundings with friends to share their leisure time and their home. Henderson House is locally owned and operated. We are committed to the highest standard of care for our residents.