Hebrew Home & Hospital System - West Hartford, CT

We were really unhappy with it, he really seemed to decline while he was there.

We were really unhappy with it, he really seemed to decline while he was there. I can't say anything good about them. They knew I wasn't happy right away and, they assured me I would be very pleased with the outcome. We were there on an emergency basis. The visiting hours were very restrictive, the people were cold and uncaring. There were two people that showed some warmth to my husband, in the whole place. I would go there and he would be sitting at the table so heavily drugged, just nodding, there was food left in his mouth and nobody was trying to help him. We tried to rouse him and I thought he was dying. They wouldn't even clean him off after meals. They have the patients lined up in the hallway and sitting there decaying, I observed another patient go to a sleeping patient [removed]. It seemed like they were trying to prevent me from moving him to a new place. Just an awful experience.