Heartland House Inc - Lubbock, TX

Great first impression

My wife and I are considering assisted living. My wife is in a wheelchair and we found the apartment ideal for us. It gives us a sense of independence, but help is available if needed. We have viewed several facilities in Lubbock and we believe this is the best value of any of the places we have seen. The large accessible bathroom was one of the features we were impressed with the most. The food smelled wonderful. The small intimate dining area seemed inviting with tablecloth covers and the silverware laid out ready to be used. The staff was friendly. You could sense a family atmosphere. The setting is in an open space away from the noise of the city, but located just minutes from shopping or medical care. It is also located near our son and his family (and our older grandchildren). We have put our names on a waiting list.

Loved Heartland House

My parents lived at Heartland House for 6 years and it gave our family a sense of peace to have them there. My Mom participated in all the activities. My parents loved and enjoyed the staff. We were always kept informed of any health issues they had and the outcome. The home cooked meals were very tasty and menus were handed out in advance so they could chose which meals they preferred. I would often eat with my parents when visiting and always liked the meals. I would recommend this assisted living to everyone.

Excellent Assisted Living

We looked at every place in Lubbock before placing my parents at Heartland House. It's absolutely the best! Such caring and compassionate staff and the food was excellent. They settled in quickly and loved being in a place that truly cared about them.

She was afraid of the staff

She was afraid of the staff, they had made some comments that had scared her. They gave her a hard time and they weren't very responsive to her. The owner and some of the staff were really nice. They didn't have meal options either, if you didn't like what they were having, you just didn't eat, and she didn't like the food.

Huge peace of mind

I'd give them a 10! It's amazing, this place is unbelievable. I think its their attention to detail and how much of a family setting it is. You walk in, it's very comfortable, you smell whatever they're cooking in the kitchen, they don't have that nursing home smell, the rooms are amazing, the people are so wonderful and caring. They're really good about calling us if anything comes up. It's really a peace of mind and you cannot say enough about peace of mind especially when you're far away. My greatest fear us her having to need skilled nursing because they aren't a skilled nursing facility and I know we wouldn't be able to find a place like heartland. But they're been real helpful with everything, like prescriptions, her hearing aids, things we had no idea how to do.

A very nice small community. Residen...

A very nice small community. Residents seemed well cared for. The environment is clean and well staffed. Staff/resident ratio is 4/20. The price of rent is the biggest drawback.

Very nice - my #1 choice at this time.

Very nice - my #1 choice at this time.

Offering assisted living in a beautiful home environment. Every resident is a member or our Family and treated with dignity and respect. We strive to promote maximum independence that one’s health allows. Our family style living encourages social interaction, but also understands the need for privacy.