Mackenzie Place - Lubbock, TX

Mackenzie Place - Lubbock, TX has yet not published prices.

[name removed] and [name removed] RN. were so warm and understanding in my frustration of trying to find the most suitable place for my parents who want to stay together as a couple but have different levels of need.

Mackenzie Place is a small intimate senior care community more suited to my parents liking than the larger communities here in the Lubbock area.

A great place for your loved ones

I previously had my father in a different home but needed something closer to me so I could check up on him from time to time. I didn’t tour any other places before looking at this one and when I did tour this facility, I knew it was the right place. Everyone there is so nice, they seem like they really want to help and make sure that things are taken care of properly. The staff is knowledgeable about what they’re doing and they’re always willing to answer any questions that I have. The residents are happy and friendly and easy to talk with. I don’t know much about what food they serve here but I know that my dad hasn’t complained yet. Everything looks clean all the time, they take out the trash regularly and do the residents’ laundry. My dad really likes it here. He likes being able to play dominoes and talk with the other residents. All in all, regardless of the price, you get what you pay for and luckily my dad and I are getting great care and service. I would definitely recommend this home.

Was very impressed with almost everything there the staff was very kind and the patients look very happy the rooms are a little pricey especially since the rooms aren't nearly as large as some of the others I looked at that other assisted-living establishments

Very Nice Community

Unfortunately my mother in law did not make the move into this community. She was not ready to make the move yet, and we respected her wishe. However this is a very nice community. The staff was kind, and friendly. The community looked great. It was a pleasant experience, and I would recommend to my family, and friends.

6 Levels Of Care Available at This Community

Recently my mother developed an infection and had to receive some extra care, but once she is better she will return to this community. This is a lovely community, everyone is very nice and caring. The community is nice and clean. The staff is great, they are very friendly and attentive. Before we moved into the community they completely change out everything. They have good rates. I know she is safe, and being cared for well here.

great except for Sundays

I think on Sundays they need more employees its hard to find one to help on Sundays .. and its very quiet and deserted on Sundays. You dont see many employees on Sunday .. just residents. You have to hunt for someone.

Still making adjustments since mom moved into Mackenzie Place!!

I would have to know the condition of the person moving in to say if I would recommend this community. They do offer lots of activities and my mom does participate in a few. I have not tried the food but mom does not complain. The staff try their best to get things done and they keep the community clean.

I think it's great.

I think it's great. I think they are doing a great job. I would give them a five.

Very happy with it

5 stars

We loved everybody there! Paul & Jennifer were top notch! We felt like our love ones received excellent care!

Pets Can Live Here!

Number One Reason:
Perfect Place for Parents with Pets!
Number Two Reason:
Mom never has to move again!
Number Three Reason:
All care needs are met!

They are upgrading this facility

They are trying very hard to upgrade. Consequently there is decorating going on. The change is difficult, But they're working very hard on making it nicer. The staff is friendly. The facility is clean.

So far our dad is good here.

We have moved my father into this community as we liked how it was close to us and that it's not a big community. Only about 30 residents and so far dad is good!

Very Friendly and Helpful

They're very friendly helpful . Always wanting to help.

doing the best they can

My father has dementia, and I'm not sure they were ready for the kind of problems that come with him. There have definitely been a couple of hurdles. Although my dad is admittedly a tough patient. They are doing the best they can with him though.

Mackenzie Place is located in the heart of Lubbock, Texas just one mile west of McCollough Park. They say everything is bigger in Texas; well that includes the hearts of our wonderful staff. We treat every resident and their family as if they were part of our family.

Our residents love that they have the option of privacy in their apartments or enjoying the many activities we plan each day:

•Individualized exercise classes
•Bingo games
•Church service and bible study
•Musical entertainment
•Trivia night
•Walking club
•Kick ball games in the courtyard
•Outings for shopping, sightseeing and visiting local restaurants
•Movies at the nearby Cinemark Theatres

Our apartments come with all of the comforts of home including kitchenettes, carpeting, and private bathroom. Apartments also have a built in bookshelf, large picture windows and individual climate controls. Public areas include a restaurant style dining room, comfortable lounge areas, beauty salon, activity room, library and two large enclosed courtyards.

Our compassionate staff can assist with grooming needs, medication management and chronic disease monitoring. We offer respite care, short term stay options and urgent placement if needed.

Our full time registered nurse oversees the coordination of care according to each individual’s care plan. In case of emergency or serious illness we have four hospitals within a two mile radius of our community.