Country Place Senior Living of Basehor - Basehor, KS

New facility but a lot of extra charges

When we were going through the tour of this facility, it just didn’t seem as welcoming as other places. The facility itself is brand new, clean, and very organized. The one thing that turned me off about this facility is they charge you for things based off of what you need. It’s more of an a la carte menu for services. Since this facility was closer to me, I was hoping my Mother would have liked it. I would recommend this community to other families but you need to be aware of all the extra charges.

Room to small

This is a very nice community and the staff did a great job with our tour, they took their time showing us around, and answering all our questions. After looking at the different rooms my mother felt that they just were not what she had hoped for. It would still be worth coming for a tour here as it is nice here.

WE like seeing the changes

This is a very nice community, and my mother-in-law's room is just perfect for her, she has gotten her furniture all set-up and the staff are very friendly and caring. We especially like seeing how happy my mother-in-law is since she has moved here. She likes visiting with the other residents, being a part of the activities and going to the dining room for her meals. They make sure that they follow her special diet and that she enjoys eating it. I would definitely recommend coming for a tour of this community.

Outstanding Community

We toured this community and we liked it very much on the tour. We found the staff to be helpful. We were not able to move into the community due to the payments. They have a great layout and the rooms are beautiful. We liked the menu of the healthy meals. The activities would have been good for my mom. This would have been an outstanding community for my mom. Families might consider a tour of this great community.

My Thought Of The Tour

We liked this community when we visited. The community seemed very compatible with dad. This community would have been our second choice. They offer different levels of care. The staff I met were nice and the community seemed clean.

Very Pleased with This Community

We were very pleased with the care my father received during his time in this community. This is a wonderful community, and they did a great job caring for my father. They really went above, and beyond for us. The location was convenient for our families to travel too. Our experiences were very good overall. This is a community I would recommend, it is a very nice facility.

SO SAD

They do not report all of their residents falls! My grandmother was left in a soaked pair of briefs! Her laundry basket was overflowing!! And she did not look like she had had a shower in weeks! I asked the nursing staff when her shower days were and it was supposed to be the night before! Completely unsatisfied with this place and their director [Removed]! She is NEVER in her office! The only good thing about this place is the activities director [Removed]. She is absolutely amazing. I wish all of their staff was like her! Never taking my family there again!

residents feel welcome

Country Place Senior Living has been so eager to do anything necessary to make the residents feel welcome. The staff have taken care of any needs mom has had and in a timely manner. Mom is just really happy here.

We continue to go back for respite care.
Ginny is a great administrator at the facility.

glad mom is there!

The people with Country Place Senior Living of Basehor really go out of their way to accommodate my moms requests. For example, there was an instance where she was not happy with where she was sitting at dinner every night, and they saw to it that she had a different place with a different group of people to sit with, which made a difference to her and thus to me.

The one area where I feel that they might could use some improvement is that, although the facility is very clean overall, I don't think they check moms room every day to make sure it is as clean as it can be.

But it is truly a great place and I am glad mother there and not anywhere else!

Very nice place

My loved one has only been here a short time, but we feel like this place was a very good choice, they've done a great job of helping him settle in an adjust. It's a brand new facility, so everything is fresh and new. The staff are very accommodating, and they go out of their way to learn what the residents like and find activities that they think the residents will enjoy. We looked at quite a few and none really measured up to this one!

The Country® Place Senior Living's motto, Life as you want it…Care as you need it® is exactly how today's seniors should live and that lifestyle is now available to the Basehor community. Country Place has maintained a respected reputation as a leader in the assisted living industry. Our residences are well-designed and focus on the specific needs of older adults. We stress individual care and comfort, and are staffed to provide the appropriate level of assistance for each resident. Each residence is constructed to exacting standards for quality, and our modern and elegant interiors are designed to help seniors feel independent, secure and dignified.