HarborChase of Auburn Hills - Auburn Hills, MI

Going Beyond the Call of Duty

My Mother has been at Harbor Chase for approximately five years. During that time she has established Harbor Chase as her home. She truly believes that the staff are close friends and even family members.

I live in Florida my brother who lived in Oakland Township near Harbor Chase recently pass away. I visited Harbor Chase with the intention of making arrangements to move my mother to Florida where she would be closer to me. [Name removed] from Harbor Chase made the arrangements to have the handicapped access van available and made appointments at the Secretary of State and the bank. The van developed mechanical problems. [Name removed] had a fellow employee drive her personal SUV that could accommodate my mother. [Name removed] and two other employees put my Mother in the SUV and came along to assure my Mother could get in and out of the bank and back to Harbor Chase. They dedicated three people several hours to help my Mother.

After seeing the difficulty my Mother had just going to the Bank the Harbor Chase team and I decided that the move to Florida was beyond my Mothers capability. We asked my Mother if given the opportunity to stay at Harbor Chase or moved to Florida to be near me which did she really want to do. My Mother very quickly answered stay at Harbor Chase with her family.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for sharing your story. We’re happy that you and your family chose HarborChase for your Mother. Here at HarborChase, we work hard to create a community where we could envision ourselves living someday. We like to think ourselves as one big, extended family and our residents truly feel like family members to us. We’re pleased to hear that your Mother has gotten so attached to the members of our friendly community family. We will continue to provide her with exceptional hospitality and care. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts and review us. We look forward to serving you and your family for years to come!

Great, caring home

This place is great. I am my sister's guardian and live 2000 miles away. HC took her in quickly, settled her in, dealt with her dementia and acting out. Over the miles, I have personal contact with medical and activities staff. The way they took control of her and her dementia situation is phenomenal. I sleep well at night knowing I don't have to jump on an airplane and deal with whatever daily problems she can cause. She loves the artwork and activities they provide. She has gained badly needed weight. Her room is clean! And most of all, they keep her safe, which she sometimes doesn't like but that is why she is there. They are so good and caring. They even have staff that know our family personally. How great is that! And they keep me posted of "strange" situations that show up - both by phone, text, and email.

Billy Brandes

Thank you for your wonderful five-star review! We’re glad that you and your family decided to choose HarborChase for your sister. We are thrilled to hear that we were able to make your sister’s transition into memory care as painless as possible. We also very much appreciate your kind words about our clean apartments, wealth of daily activities available, and especially our kind and compassionate associates. Every day, they are focused on providing the very best senior living experience for our residents. We’re proud to be able to provide you and your family with some measure of peace of mind that your sister is in good hands with HarborChase. Thanks again for taking the time to review us! We look forward to serving you and your family for years to come!

They Are Good to the Residents

My dad was living at the community for some time. The place was really good to him, even though he didn't see that he needed to be there. He had good care and ate well.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re glad that you chose HarborChase for your dad, and we sincerely thank you for your kind words about our warm community and delicious dining services. We especially appreciate the kind words about the care delivered by our hard-working associates. Every day, we are sincerely dedicated to providing the very best in care and services for our residents and their loved ones. Again, we thank you for your wonderful review of HarborChase.

Did Not Like This Community

We did not like this community. There was a constant smell of urine and it didn't appear as clean as other communities we had visited. I just felt like something was off I didn't get a very good feeling while we were there.

Billy Brandes

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t have a good first impression of our community. We can assure you our staff strictly adheres to the highest standards of cleanliness for safety, comfort and sanitation. We do appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in the future.

The Perfect Place

My dad is doing so much better, this was the right move and the perfect community for him. I am very thankful, he was suffering from dementia and he was acting out.
There were very few places that take a dementia resident who acts out. They were the only one who would take him in. Their staff are trained specifically for dementia.
The set up is very calming and excellent for dementia residents, it is less confusing than larger facilities. it is also peaceful and it has really, really made a difference for him.
He can go outside when ever he wants. There is an enclosed garden area where they can sit or walk around. It in the shape of an octagon with flowers and shrubbery to enjoy.
I am really grateful for A Place For Mom, I was at wits end on where to place him and their help was a huge relief that I appreciate.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our community and share your thoughts. We are happy that you and your family decided to choose HarborChase for your dad. We’re thrilled that it has been such a positive experience for your family and we thank you for the kind words about our comfortable community and innovative care services. Our associates and care partners utilize carefully-researched methods for caring for those with dementia. We are proud to be able to provide you and your loved ones with some measure of peace of mind. Thanks again for your wonderful five-star review! We look forward to serving you and your dad for years to come!

Outstanding care facility. They understand, the needs and care of their clients. They have been doing upgrades to buildings infrastructure. We are fortunate to have our loved one being a guest at Harbor Chase. Their caregivers and support people are excellent. Pricing is normal for a memory care facility. Thank you Harbor Chase.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for the five-star review! We are glad you and your family chose HarborChase for your loved one. We also very much appreciate the wonderful words about our building and, of course, our hard-working associates and caregivers. Every day, they strive to provide the very best in senior living to our residents and their families. We’re also happy you noted the tremendous value our community provides. Every day, our residents enjoy innovative health services, delicious dining options and housekeeping services. Again, we thank you for taking the time to rate us. We look forward to serving you and your loved one for many years to come!

A Community With Easy Navigation

It is s going well for my grandparent since moving in. All is a working progress to be better. My grandparents are enjoying the selection of meals and enjoy trying some activities. I like the availability to go in and see them at any time. I like the friendliness of the staff. I would recommend the community to a friend if needed.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us. We’re glad you and your family chose HarborChase for your grandparents. We also sincerely appreciate the kind words about the many choices available through our delicious dining services as well as the wealth of activities available daily through our Life Enrichment Program. We especially appreciate the wonderful compliments of our friendly associates and care partners. They are truly focused on providing our residents and family members with care that transcends the expected. We are pleased to hear that your grandparents are settling in nicely and we look forward to serving you in the years to come!

Facility is tired and needs a lot of updates. The people who worked there were very nice.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us. We sincerely appreciate the kind words about our associates and caregivers. Every day, they are focused on providing the very best in senior living for our residents and their family members. We also appreciate your concerns as we are always looking for ways to improve our community. Again, we thank you for taking the time to review us.

The staff is very welcoming and knowledgeable. They were also very caring and understand based on our difficult circumstance. It turned out to be a very smooth transition for us and our family member that moved to the facility. Over the first few weeks I received many updates on our family member. It was wonderful to know how great she was doing. [Removed] are truly wonderful at what they do!

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re happy that you chose HarborChase for your loved one and we’re glad to hear that her transition to senior living went so smoothly. We especially appreciate the kind words about our hard-working associates and care partners. Every day, they are dedicated to providing the very best in senior living for our residents and their family members. Again, we thank you for your five-star review and we look forward to serving you and your family for many years to come!

Wonderful staff!

This place has been great. The first guy that came in was wonderful. He was very supportive to mom. We did have a problem with one of the aides, but that was quickly resolved. They handled it in a professional way. I will be using them again if we ever need help again. I would also recommend them.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re so happy that you chose HarborChase for your mom, and we sincerely thank you for your warm words about our community management and associates. We’re sorry to hear that you had an issue, but are pleased that it was resolved to your satisfaction. Again, we thank you for your review and look forward to serving you and your family again in the future.

Safe, secure, and friendly

My mother feels safe and secure at Harbor Chase. She loves the staff and feels loved back. The layout of each building, a quadrangle around a center courtyard, is excellent. It allows residents to get lots of exercise while never getting lost. The staff are so kind. I feel confident that my mother is in good hands at Harbor Chase of Auburn Hills.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re so happy that you chose HarborChase for your mother, and we sincerely thank you for your kind words and compliments about the thoughtfully-designed layout of our community. We especially appreciate the kind words about our associates. Our associates and care partners work hard to make all of our residents feel like they are truly a part of our family. Every day, they strive to make a difference in the lives of our residents and their families by providing nurturing care that truly transcends the expected. We thank you again for your review and look forward to serving you and your family for many years to come.

Very Helpful Community

My sister is doing pretty well here at this community. She is still adjusting, but i know that is to be expected. They have been super helpful to me. They are great with informing of anything that happens. It is a well maintained community, everything is very nice and clean. I know she is being cared for well, and I would recommend this community.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re very happy that you chose HarborChase for your sister and we’re thrilled to hear that it has been a great experience so far. We thank you for the kind words about the beauty and cleanliness of HarborChase, and we’re especially grateful that you singled out our dedicated staff of associates and care partners. Every day they strive to provide the very best in senior living care and services for our residents. Again, we thank you again for your wonderful review and look forward to serving you and your family for many years to come.

Review of Harbor Chase of Auburn Hills, MI

My dad has been at Harbor Chase at Auburn Hills for 8 months. What a difference the right environment can make! My dad went from behavioral problems and withdrawn to socially engaged and smiling! I absolutely love Harbor Chase of Auburn Hills and would highly recommend it!

A Gem in Auburn Hills

The care teams are so friendly and caring for the residents. Each time they see a resident, even walking through the hall they say "Hi, [firstname]." They are well equipped to handle the challenges of transition for your loved one...even when challenges arise weeks after arrival. The relative size of each cottage makes it easier for your loved one to walk around, meet and bond with others. It's not so overwhelming in size.

Homey Environment

I guess overall it is not an institutional environment, they have it set up more like a lodge. My dad has adapted well to it and because of that we are high on the place. They treat it like a family atmosphere and it's less like a hospital than some of the other places we looked at.

Very expensive, but a
nice community

Nice place-average

Not a bad place at all. Overall they seem to try hard to provide quality care, most of the staff is friendly and seem to be fairly patient. I believe that if HC offered better salaries and more of an organized structure with each shift having supervisors or managers present things would run much better. This would allow this HC to attract more qualified and dedicated staff members.

The activities area really needs help. Finding a variety of appropriate activities would be nice. The field trips in the warmer months were great but during the winter, there was nothing much happening.

Overall it's okay.

Not impressed at all

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I was no happy with this place at all, based on what I saw. The facility was old and outdated, and not well maintained at all. It was dirty enough that I would not even consider it as an option.

GREAT FACILITY

I am so pleased that I moved my loved one (my Aunt) to this facility. It's smaller, much more friendly staff, who actually care about what is going on with her. The cost is about the same as the former facility, but TOTALLY DIFFERENT IN EVERY WAY, than Clare Bridge of Troy. My Aunt loves the small group area and there are only 12 residents in her "cottage" which makes it less confusing for her dementia. I wish I would have known about this facility a year ago.

Nice place

This place is probably on par with many other memory care facilities in the area.

I question the quality and professionalism of the staff sometimes. Also the activities program needs to be given a boost, not much effort in this area.

Overall they do a good job.

Respectful and low-key staff

Things have gone very well at HarborChase so far! It is just the sort of place we were looking for. They don't offer a lot of "frills" here, but the basic care they provide is excellent. The staff are very respectful and understanding of the challenges faced by their residents. The help they provide is low-key, practical, and down-to-earth, which always my loved one to feel relaxed and comfortable here. The residents and staff are all very friendly, and they've got a good variety of activities to keep everyone engaged and social, Mom is really enjoying herself here!

Look Somewhere Else!!!!

The facility is not very clean and could definitely use new carpet throughout. In the memory care unit there was a slight urine smell. The facility is understaffed and the staff changes weekly. My family member was sent to the hospital frequently and several times for no good reason and when transported the hospital was not given the reason for being there. Alot of the residents have bruises and cuts and my family member sustained several serious injuries. I don't believe from abuse but from neglect because of being understaffed. My family member was medicated unnecessarily and also given medications that his doctor had cancelled.

I think she is pretty happy there.

The carpet in the main living areas, is stained and could use some cleaning or a replacement. Everything else is pretty clean. The base price is fine, and they don't have a menu, for an a la carte deal, If you have any kind of assistance, like have having someone remind you to come to activities, then you are charged a level of care. Which is a flat rate and kind of high. The food is pretty good. They have a good amount of activities. The activities director is really personable, and talks to my mom too, not just to me. I think she is pretty happy there.

Salesperson was very nice b...

Salesperson was very nice but greeting room smelled of urine. Very stark and too few residents for adequate stimulation. This comment is relatedto the assisted living cottage.

It's been terrible.

It's been terrible. There are some that are friendly and some that are rude. Their staff is completely incompetent. They have no idea what they are doing. They aren't very attentive and don't communicate when medication runs out or is misplaced, and don't administer the medication when they are supposed to the way they are supposed to. We have had nothing but problems with meds, they have no idea what they are doing. I would give them a zero for care services if I could. If there is a person who is not with itn they should not go there. There is no way to get feedback if you are not going to get it from your relative. The food is terrible. I saw a couple of dishes and they didn't look so great, he says it's awful. I would not give them any more than a two for food. They have no one running the place. The person in charge is in Florida. The executive director is no longer there and so there is nobody in charge in the state of Michigan.

A place for Dad

After deciding to move Dad to a facility that would give him QUALITY care, i checked into Harbor Chase. Since Dad has hostility issues due to Alzheimer's I didn't have much hope that anyone would accept him. After speaking to Ida I were pleasantly pleased to realize I found one. Couldn't be happier with my choice. God bless all the "angels" that work there!

Very nice, calm like a home...

Very nice, calm like a home setting. Not overly bright though. Studio apartments open and comfy but not overly large. Friendly leasing agent who took the time to get to know things about my dad and his former hobbies/pasttimes/likes and dislikes. Other residents friendly and outgoing. I will be going back with dad for a visit. *of special note, Rebecca Nagey, the leasing agent, was kind enough to take a dinner over to my dad's house because she was going to be in the area. Very nice and unexpected.

each cottage has 19 people, can go ou...

each cottage has 19 people, can go outside, flowers, tables, average age 80, youngest is 69, has an assessment by RN and place in housing area based on this assessment, alarmed doors,all buildings are identical, care conference every 30 days, double room 2795/month includes med managemen, highest care payment at 6100/month

Harbor Chase of Auburn Hills offers a comprehensive state licensed assisted living program that provides personalized care and activities that are designed to enrich the daily living of our residents. We provide our residents with a home-like safe and secure environment in one story homes that can accommodate a full continuum of care, including the physically frail, Alzheimer’s and Dementia related disorders. We have 24-hour staffing, licensed nurses on duty, home-cooked meals and weekly physician visits.