Brookdale Battery Park - New York, NY

The Hallmark Battery Park
provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life® concept and our Celebrations program provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

A tour for care

We toured this community for my mom. We did like that they had a large elevator for the residents to get to the lower floor. The menu is appealing and they offer a lot of choices. This is a community that is able to give all types of different care We like this community for the nice care that is offered from the questions that the staff was able to answer. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one for the options that are available.

My brother's tour

We toured this community for the care of a loved one. The staff was caring and this would have been a good community. The menu is appealing and the activities would have been good for him. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

A tour for care for family

We toured this community for care. The staff was nice and helpful to answer the questions we had. The community was clean and a very nice atmosphere My father did not feel that this community gave him a comfortable feel, but it was very elegant. Families might want to tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Happy with My Move Here

I'am really enjoying my time here at this community. Everything is working out very well. Everyone has been very welcoming, and kind. The community looks great, they do a great job with the cleanliness. I'am really happy with my move to this community.

Great Staff Communication!!

I feel that the staff tries very hard to make sure that my care is great. The breakfast is superb i really enjoy it and dinners are usually very satisfying. At the moment i have not really been engaging in activities. I have done the Thai chi and i really enjoyed it. The other activities offered are also great as well and i plan on engaging in them in the future.

My brother is doing much better at this community!!

Brookdale Battery Park is located in a nice community. They offer a lot of activities for the residents to participate in. I have tried the food and it is terrific. The staff are wonderful, warm and friendly. This community is clean and well take care of. I would recommend this community.

A luxurious space where one can live with dignity and in safety

Brookdale is a beautiful space with a wonderful , helpful and dedicated staff. The meals are copious and first rate and the chef accommodates specific food preferences . There are many activities that one can participate in and the surrounding neighborhood could not be more vibrant and visually magnificent.

Great place

The apartments are not modern enough. The food could be more specialized to fit the more specific diets. Otherwise that is the only thing I am unhappy about. It is a pretty nice facility. It's a good place.

Great, if you can afford it

Brookdale is a lovely, high-class, high-price place, in a lovely, high-class, high-price neighborhood. A baby grand piano sits in the middle of a grand living room, while piped-in classical music and jazz waft lightly through the air. The dining room looks like a mid-level restaurant that's trying to be upper-echelon (the breakfast and lunch offerings are not impressive, while the dinners are very impressive). There's a pool and whirlpool, along with a rec center complete with its own kiln; exercise classes, movies, and social events are a regular occurrence.

If you're not very mobile, the neighborhood isn't great for errand-running. Stores, banks, and restaurants are a non-trivial walk from Brookdale. But just a block away is a lovely waterfront park that, while fairly overrun with young exercise buffs, offers a serene view and lots of sun. Also, Brookdale shuttle buses cruise the neighborhood for easy access to nearby locations.

The two rooms I saw (one-bedroom apartments) were pretty spacious (especially for NYC), bright, clean, and well laid-out. The showers were nice and low, and had built-in seats and grab bars.

There's a regular visiting doctor (who keeps regular hours on-site) who my father really liked. Medication management and other related care is farmed out to a third-party agency. They're not cheap, but seem thorough and nice enough.

In the end, my father decided he wanted to move back to his old neighborhood, and only wound up at Brookdale for a few weeks. He had some complaints about what he called the phony, surfacey niceness of the staff and residents there, but I'm not sure how seriously to take that, as he was unsettled when he moved in, to say the least. He said that the residents talked a lot about their houses in the Hamptons, and concluded that people who aren't filthy rich aren't going to be comfortable there. Again, your mileage may vary. I imagine I'd be more than happy to move in there when my time comes.

Seemed like the Cadillac of places. Beautiful. But very expensive. Wish we could afford it.