Greenwood Place - Marietta, GA

Greenwood Place - Marietta, GA has yet not published prices.

I loved the staff! So warm and welcoming. The residents here also seemed so happy. Downside is that the people I saw here looked much "older" than my Dad. I'm not sure it's a good fit for that reason. In addition, the choices are studio or 2 bedroom. The 1 bedroom here would be right. Pay for your own cable here as well. Not sure. In the running I guess.

Excellence

Excellent customer service right from the start. Staff does everything in their power to be accommodating and respectful. Would highly recommend!

Too busy!

I liked Greenwood Place and I was impressed. I felt this community wasn't a good fit for him because it's in the center of town, there is limited parking and there is a lot of traffic. Daddy still drives and I didn't want him to deal with that mess. They also didn't offer a green space where he could go outside and lounge.

Still Adjusting, But Overall A Nice Facility for My Mother

My mother is still adjusting to this community, but so far everything is working out well. This is a nice community, and they are taking good care of her, and her needs. They have a good staff at this community. She had an accident when she first moved in, and they were quick to respond, and inform me. There are plenty of activities available for the residents. There is room for improvement in the meals, but overall they are well balanced. I know she is safe, and receiving great care. This is a community I would recommend to my friends, it is a nice place.

Greenwood place gets my recommendation.

This community serves my grandma's needs. The staff are attentive and very accommodating. She likes the food for the most part. The community is very clean. There is always something going on.

When Touring the Community

This community is a little too far from where I live and I felt this was not the right fit for my dad. It was a good tour and on time. I saw all to offer and got a clear understanding of what is offered. Everybody was nice when I met them. They were set up in a two level building and I needed a one level.

Loved it and my mom loved it as well! We got to meet alot of the staff and the residents. All very sweet and very caring. Very comfortable family feel to it all!

Wonderful environment

I've been meaning to comment for awhile now about Greenwood Place. My mother has been in memory care for the last year & a half. The staff @ Greenwood from top-bottom is just fabulous. They're always so personable when I visit my mom and if I ever have any questions, it's always handled immediately. The care of a loved-one is one of the most important decisions you can make & I'm so glad I chose Greenwood. I would recommend Greenwood to anyone faced w/this life-changing decision in a heart-beat !

Absolutely beautiful place. Karen was extremely helpful. Reasonable prices and clean,comfortable facility. Would feel very comfortable putting a loved one in their care. Karen went out of her way to make sure all my questions and concerns were answered. Love her

We were committed to a room for my mom with this property, filling out paperwork, talking about activities, and looking forward to having a wonderful situation for my mom WHEN her room was given away without first right of refusal or any conversation. The manager wouldn't even take our call to discuss the reason why. We loved the memory care staff and placement adviser. Be very cautious with this property. We feel they are driven by money only.

Review of Greenwood Place - Marietta, GA

Very friendly people a bit smaller than some of the other locations we looked at so seemed more home-like. We chose another facility for its location

Ask A lot Of Questions

Things are going okay for my sister here at Greenwood Place. My only issues with this community is the fact they are not very good with following through on my concerns that I have brought up to them. It is a nice community, it is clean and very well kept. I do feel they are taking very good care of my sister and her needs. I would say to anyone thinking about moving here is to ask a lot of questions and make sure the family comes to visit their loved one.

A Great Place for Dad

Dad moved into Greenwood place about a month ago and although he is still trying to adjust things are going well. We really like how welcoming the staff are and although Dad doesn't participate in all of the activities he's participated in some which is a big step since he didn't participate in any at the previous place he was. He says the food is really good and it definitely looks good! i would definitely recommend the place if asked about it.

They have done a good job.

They have done a good job. The people have been really friendly and helpful. So far we haven't had complaints about food or any of that kind of thing. So far we are pretty happy with them.

What a Change!

My grandmother has been a resident for almost 3 weeks. She has gone from living in the home she had for 28 years to Greenwood Place kicking and screaming; however what an amazing transformation! Although she still complains about being there, her smile and attitude betray her. She has gone from a widow sitting at home in the dark complaining about everything and everyone to someone who is socializing at meals, smiling and telling wonderful stories about her childhood, new ones we have not heard before. All the staff could not be more kind and helpful. The facility is always clean and neat with lovely seasonal table decor in the dining room and seasonal decor in the main living room. So, thankful for this small, nurturing new home for my grandmother.

My Mom Loves it

I am very satisfied with the staff. They are fabulous. I love the nurses. My mom loves it there and she is getting excellent care. Very clean and nice facility. We are very pleased.

Friendly, welcoming staff

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Greenwood Place! The staff here is friendly, and very welcoming to new residents. I like that they know everyone by name, and always greet them when they see them! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they take excellent care of the people who live here.

Great Value

We searched many different places for months during our search for care for my husband's mother. Greenwood had the best combination of everything, for the price point they are at. She's been there about a month so far, and everything is going well.

Great care and guy friends

After recovering from a fall at home my father in law has been at Greenwood for 6 weeks and has adapted well thanks to the wonderful staff, great food and friendly residents - especially his new guy friends that hang out together for meals and activities. We were really worried how he would adjust but after 3 weeks he felt at home and now wants us to sell his house. Quite a change and a relief for all of his family!

Greenwood rating

the staff is very friendly & helpful and always willing to help.

More expensive than the senior advisor with with a "A Place for MOM" quoted.

The memory care unit did have a slight "nursing home" odor that was not in the remainder of the building.

It was very nice, nicer than I expected.

I visited here when I was looking around. It was very nice, nicer than I expected. I really liked it, it was clean and the staff was nice. I think this was just a little too big for us. It was about 50 residents, and I think that's just a few more than she could handle.

Review of Greenwood Place in Marietta, GA

Nice staff. I've been here for over a year. My family is always welcomed. Food is good. Lots of activities and other men to interact with.

Happy and nice staff.

Review of Greenwood Place in Marietta, GA

Real nice place but need to work on the food. The food choices are limited and prep of the food could be better.

Review of Greenwood Place in Marietta, GA

A very fine place to live.

Satisfied with overall conditions so ...

Satisfied with overall conditions so far. Compared to everything else we viewed we are satisfied.

Will keep this property in ...

Will keep this property in mind, but it's very small 2 bedroom and family sitting area.

Greenwood Gardens, Great Staff Horrible Director

The staff was good but the director was horrible, not very compassionate. The memory care residents were treated like red-headed stepchildren and kept separate from the other residents. This is a community that has both memory care, and assisted living.

Greenwood Place is a warm, welcoming community located in Marietta, Georgia. We are close to several parks and recreational areas including Kennesaw Mountain National Park.

We offer both assisted living and memory care but with all of the comforts of home. Your loved one’s health and safety is our top priority. We provide:

•On-site 24 hour a day Registered Nurse
•Short term and respite care
•Assistance with medication and daily activities
•Emergency call system in all private rooms
•Urgent Placement
•Built in safety features in bathrooms
•All areas are wheelchair and walker accessible
•Wellstone Kennestone Hospital is four miles away in case of emergency
•Wanderguard system is in place
•Transportation to medical appointments
•Individual care plans based on resident needs and wants

Our dietician plans three nutritious and delicious meals daily that are served in our restaurant style dining room or may be delivered to your apartment upon request. Alternate meals and snacks are always available.

Our friendly community provides has many opportunities for socialization and fun. Some favorites are Tai Chi, arts and crafts, Bible study, live entertainment and relaxing in our spa. We have a large outdoor courtyard, computer room, beauty salon and a TV room with a library. We also take outings for shopping at the Town Center Mall, dining in local restaurants and entertainment in town including New Castle Playhouse and Hoyt Center for Fine Arts.
Residents may remain as busy or as relaxed as they wish but a friendly smile is always just around the corner.