Canterfield of Kennesaw - Kennesaw, GA

Canterfield of Kennesaw - Kennesaw, GA has yet not published prices.

My family member has been here for 9 months. I pop in often and at different times of the day. The staff is always very friendly and accommodating. My family member is very happy there. She goes to many different activities and has made many friends. The place is always clean and her room is well taken care of. There is always something going on for the residents. I usually have to call her room several times before I get her since she spends so much time out of her room. I think this is a wonderful facility and would highly recommend it.

Highly recommend

I would highly recommend this community. Every time I have visited the place was clean and I always see the staff interacting with the residents in a supportive way. It feels more like family than just CNAs. The food is nice looking and taste good as well. They seem to always have an activity going on. [Name removed] at the front desk is super sweet and very knowledgeable.

Over priced, understaffed, and medical staff can’t do their job

They are understaffed, you pay to much for nothing they say they have. They don’t monitor their residents, they don’t clean and when you complain, they get your bedding stuff and never return with clean ones, then they make excuses that their understaffed. The nurse told us that our aunt was in bed all day and she has been keeping an eye out, but the desk clerk and othe employees said she has been up and dressed all day and has had two meals that day. She came down and was fully dressed and ready. The staff talks amongst theirselves and ignored a man falling out of his wheelchair chair. This place is a joke and needs to be reported. My Aunt has been removed and in a more managed place.

let down

re: memory care

(after 20+ visits)
staff spend most of the time talking among themselves
and ignoring residents speaking to them...residents spend a great deal of time watching t.v. with staff not in close proximity... residents are not engaged or encouraged by staff to participate in the the few activities offered...most important though, residents hygiene is questionable...

on a positive note...food is deicious...

We dropped in on a Sunday afternoon for a tour. The conceirge was nice, but she was not familiar with some of the fundamentals such as staff/resident ratio. This place seems more like a mid level hotel than a home. One distracting thing for me was the cheap carpet with virtually no padding in the resident rooms. The place is brand new but there were some areas that we not cleaned such as low traffic areas.