Greenbriar Village - Indianapolis, IN

Thank you Greenbriar Village!

My mother recently moved here after a stroke left her unable to live alone. Both the administration and the nursing staff are wonderful! Everyone is very friendly and go above and beyond expectations. My mother is more social than she has ever been and attends many of their activities. Thank you Greenbriar Village for bringing joy back to my mothers life. I cant thank you enough!

Nice facility, but disappointed in level 2 & 3 care.

The facility is decorated beautifully giving a very comfy feel as you enter. It is clean, food is good, offering a variety of options. The staff they have is dedicated and friendly. The problem is there is not enough staff. One nurse and a CNA for each 63 residents in Assisted Living. If you are a level 1 resident, you would probably do well here, but level 2 and 3 do not get the services you pay for with any regularity. Call lights are not answered in a reasonable timely manner. My loved one fell and it took over an hour before anyone came. When the nurse arrived, she said she was doing the best she could, she was the only one there. We found this to be unacceptable. We were there for 9 days before a bath was given and only then because we insisted since we were paying for two a week. The billing department and the maintenance staff were excellent to work with. I would recommend this facility if you require minimal care, but if you are level 2 or 3, Recommend you look elsewhere. Also, we were told the activity department was really good, but no one ever encouraged our love one to participate. We would like to give Kudoes to two night nurses who were more attentive, [name removed] and [name removed]

Care for mom and dad

We like this community for care. The staff is caring and attentive. We like that they are listening to the needs of my parents. They try and assist in everything if needed. The community is clean and a good environment that my parents enjoy.
The menu is good and he likes the variety that is offered. They have a lot of activities for him to participate.

A Good Fit

Our experience has changed and we have hospice helping with my mom. The staff at Greenbriar Village are doing everything they can to try to make my mom comfortable. We have had no problems with them.

Too big!!

When I went to Greenbriar Village, I thought it was a beautiful facility but it was way too big. Also, it was priced a bit high. The tour guide that took me around was nice and answered all of my questions, but it was not what we were looking for at the time.

Very happy with this community!!

My mom had a little bit of a tough transition into this community,but that was to be expected. The staff had done a wonderful job at trying to make her feel welcomed and safe in her new living environment. They are providing her with excellent quality of care and I could have not have not picked a better group to watch over her. She has been enjoying the meals they serve and has gone off campus a couple times with the other residents to enjoy some fresh air. Overall we are very happy and would defiantly recommend this place.

Tour and care

This is a nice community and we found it to have an excellent memory care. We did not want a community that had to levels. Memory care is one floor level. There is a still private. We did like the dining room and the meals seemed outstanding. They do offer a lot of activities that she could have enjoyed like being in a garden. I would recommend this community to other families for excellent care

He Has Become More Outgoing

Everything is working out pretty well for my father here at Greenbriar. They are taking good care of him and his needs. He seems to have adjusted well to it, he has tried a few new activities. He has surprised me with how outgoing he has become. He is pleased with the meals. I'am comfortable with the care they are providing him with. Only thing they could improve on is the communication between the staff. Other than that This is a community I would recommend.

They were real helpful and very informed it was a streamlined process to take care of my father they were the only one I interviewed with it carried on a meaningful conversation

Nice looking assisted living

We visited this community when we were looking into senior living for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking place overall, although my loved one was not really ready for assisted living quite yet. It is somewhere we are keeping in mind should things get to that point, however!

Review of GreenTree At Post Road Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Indianapolis, IN

Very impressed with GreenTree at Post Road. One of the top two. Great studio. Friendly staff. Residents seemed very happy.

90 day trial

It has only been 2 weeks since my mother-in-law has moved. She has been very active participating in a lot of the activities that Green Tree offers. The facility is very clean, the staff is very friendly. She is receiving PT/OT, there are washing machines/dryers down the hall from her. Everything is pretty convenient.

Above fair.... And mostly good.

Wish ther were a few more hands on CNA's to help with the patients...at least for a few more hours during the daytime.
The staff are wonderfully nice and helpful.

Very nice place!

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for a loved one. The staff here were the most upbeat and friendly people we've ever met! The dining area and food were both very nice, and the facility itself was clean, beautiful, and had a pleasant homey atmosphere.

Looks like a wonderful place!

Very friendly staff and good tour. Liked the layout open circular pattern of the Memory care unit. Only concern would be the shared restroom.

A really friendly and supportive place

Each time I visited GreenTree, I saw happy residents, I saw staff involved with residents, and happy family members coming and going from the facility. I've also visited with a couple residents that have been there a while, and both were very complimentary about their care, the staff, the meals, and even the maintenance personnel! The rooms were well equipped, bright, and clean. I don't think I received a "sell job" as much as I received a real discussion about my mom's needs and how they could be met by GreenTree. And what I saw before mom moved in has carried through afterward as well. This has been a bit of a challenge for my mom, but GreenTree staff has been very patient, understanding, and helpful with the transition. I wholeheartedly endorse GreenTree.

Not A Good Experience

It did not work out for my dad there. It wasn't as secure as it needed to be for him. He was in the assisted living and then he was moved to the memory care side which was fine. The doctor said it would be better. There was a situation that arose where he was on the second floor and was able to remove a window. He climed out on to the roof, jumped down into their courtyard and scaled their 8 ft security wall. He went to a Wallgreens and called a cab and the police had to track him down. Of course Green Tree and the police called me and let me know they found him. When I got to the community they pretty much had all his things packed and told me they couldn't care for him and he needed to leave. It was awful - not a good experience.

Provision Living

We sincerely apologize for your experience at GreenTree. As an assisted living and memory care community, we strive to meet the expectations of all of our residents and their family members, particularly during times of difficulty and transition. In this situation, however, the needs of the resident rose above our ability to ensure their well being. As much as we would have liked to continue to serve your family, it wouldn't have been the right thing to do for him, for you, or for the community. We hope that your situation has improved and we wish you and your father the best. Again, we hope you will accept our apology for the experience you had.

Very Accommodating

Green Tree is a very good community that was really accommodating with us and our situation. The room is very accommodating for our loved one and they made changes to better suit us before we were even committed to them. Our loved one is in a wheel chair and they actually removed the vanity cabinet and counter and just put a sink with it being open on the bottom so it allows her to roll underneath it. Being able to do that really makes it so much easier and more convenient for her to take care of what she needs. The location is very convenient for our family and is only about a mile away from family. The setting itself is really pretty and the activities seem to be really something. She is already enjoying the Euchre tournaments. Each resident has a pendant on them that allows them to call for help; we had an issue with hers one time but have not had any more issues. They really helped us keep the cost down by a moderating their services chart. Because she did need help getting in and out of the shower but did not need help showering instead of charging for a full shower service they only charged for the assistance of getting in and out. We are very happy with Green Tree and would recommend them to anyone.

Great community

We are very happy with Green Tree they are very accommodating and are very helpful when it comes to making a decision. The staff has been really friendly and helpful. The community is really pretty and the location is very convenient.

Offers two bedroom apartments

It was very hard finding a place that offered a two bedroom apartment, but Green Tree does and that was a big deal for us. The location is very convenient from my home and my work. There have been some issues with the laundry and housecleaning service not getting done, which is why I scored lower on their Care Services. It is too early to determine Green Tree's value so I scored it in the middle for now. The place is absolutely clean and the staff has been very understanding and welcoming to my loved one. Of the several places I toured Green Tree at Post Road was one of the few that took time to show me around, they allowed me to ask all my questions, and they followed up with me. They seemed they really wanted my loved one to live here. Other places were disappointing in that regard. My only suggestion for Green Tree is to provide its residents with an orientation package so that they know how to report maintenance issues or how to schedule transportation to their doctors appointment. There should be a list of general information of procedures and contact info to share with the residents who are capable of scheduling their own transport or maintenance repair.

Community seemed comfortable. Has a ...

Community seemed comfortable. Has a screened porch for warmer weather. 82 units in regular and 40 units im Memory Care.

Discover the perfect combination of compassion, comfort and convenience at Greenbriar Village, our Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Indianapolis. From thoughtfully designed floor plans and world-class services to myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Amenities at our Indy community include a landscaped courtyard and cozy lounge area, ideal for visiting with neighbors, friends and family members.