Carriage Court of Memphis - Memphis, TN

Very pleased

I have been very pleased with the care at Carriage Court. I have no complaints at all.

SLC Midwest

Hi JP! Thank you for sharing your recommendation of our community; we appreciate your confidence in us!

Good visit

clean nice liked it

I enjoyed my tour and found the staffers to be pleasant and engaging. I liked that this property offered assisted living and memory care, but I was less comfortable with this facility's use of contact nurses. Since my mother has some dementia, I'm concerned that she would not have the opportunity to get to know the nurses and/or support staff.

My grandmother is and always has been my hero, so it makes sense that I want the absolute best care and love she deserves. It only took a month for my family to realize that Carriage Court was not going to provide the level of support and kindness that should accompany a memory care facility. The staff was always rude...every time I visited, they would tell me how "bad" my grandma behaved. The area designated for memory care patients was dark and shut off from everything around it, much like a [Removed] ward...I would come in and my grandma would be pacing up and down the only hall in the entire facility. Activities were few and far between; staff seemed to be more interested in their phones than interacting with the people they are there to help. She was rarely showered and dressed appropriately. Personal items were not cared for (for example, we got my grandmother a life-like (and fairly expensive!) cat toy because it gives her a sense of calm. One day my family and I came in and the staff had actually taken the cat out of her room and was playing around with it --quite roughly-- with the other residents while my grandma was hiding in her room). Her new glasses went missing, and staff acted like it was a major hassle for them to look for them (needless to say, the glasses were never located). We could not have been more disappointed with Carriage Court and are very thankful to have found a much more suitable home for my wonderful grandmother elsewhere. (Note: This review was posted on their Facebook page, only to be deleted within 12 hours. I suppose they only want comments that make them look far better than the rating they deserve.)

Ms. Kissinger,
Thank you for your review of Carriage Court of Memphis. As the new Executive Director, I am so disappointed to learn that resident and the family did not have a wonderful experience while residing at our community. Our top priority is to deliver top quality service and care to both the resident and the family members. Although I was not directly involved in the community at the time, I would certainly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about why we did not meet or exceed your expectations of service and care. I would like to hear your view on how we can improve the quality of service and care at our community going forward.
Please contact me directly at [removed] or our community number at [removed].
Laura Hicks
Executive Director
Carriage Court of Memphis

2 weeks stay following operation

My Mother, [Removed], spent 2 weeks here to gain her strength back from an operation. We really felt she received first class care. We are glad she spent the time here. The whole staff is great, so is the food.

SLC Midwest

Don, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback; we appreciate your confidence in us and we're so pleased that your mother had a great experience during her stay with us!

Water Feature In Courtyard Out Back

This community was nice. The inside was very bright with a good amount of windows to let the natural light come in. The community is very clean looks good. The staff was friendly and very helpful on the tour. The prices was out of our budget.

Not Impressed at All

We were disappointed in how run down this community appeared to be, the staff member that did our tour did a nice job showing us around and answering our questions but we did not feel that this would be a good fit for our mother at all.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your visit at Carriage Court of Memphis did not live up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we understand and address your concerns, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Mom is doing great

My mom is doing very well here, she is making friends and getting involved in the many activities and field trips that they offer here. Now the food is not the best quality, in fact, it's just not good at all. The staff is very in tune with all of the residents and they are so friendly and nice. They have a great front porch that the residents like to go out and sit on, they visit with one another and even my mom who is not an outside person goes out from time to time. Mom's room is smaller than we would like but she seems to be adjusting to it nicely.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of Carriage Court of Memphis; we appreciate your feedback! Our goal is to provide the best possible experience for our residents and families, so please don't hesitate to share any additional input with our Executive Director.

My tour

This looked like a nice community when we visited. The people we met were friendly. This community does seem to offer some nice amenities and activities. This community was just a little larger than what we were looking for.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. We're disappointed that we were not the best fit for you, we are confident that you'll find a community that you love!

Not Needing Assistance

I saw nothing wrong or bad during the tour experience. I didn't pick them because it was more about the fact, it is an assisted living community. My mom s not ready for assistance. We felt like she would be more better served in an independent community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate your feedback!

Carriage Court A Caring And Genuine Community

This facility offers quality care. It is clean and the staff are excellent. Staff members are very attentive and take a personal interest in each resident and their families. Everything is very personal at Carriage Court. Staff speak to residents and guests all the time and are always happy, friendly, and genuine. They work very hard to ensure the residents are happy and well cared for in all things. There is an extremely low staff turn over rate at this community. Some staff have been their for 17 years. The food is excellent. Nurses are attentive and there are plenty of activities to keep the residents busy.

Great Experience

Our visit to Carriage Court was wonderful! Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The residents seemed happy and they have lots of activities planned. We are just beginning our search and had lots of questions - [Removed] was able to answer all of our questions and concerns and gave us great information to take home. Carriage Court is a great community and we fill our mom can get great care here and be very happy.

Not really impressed. Their marketing packet is a disaster. No prices. Everything I asked about was not in packet. They said they are not equpped to handle someone that needs assistance with a feeding tube.
Didnt have a good vibe when I went.

A breath of fresh air!

On my tour of this community I noticed that they had a upper level. My loved one would have to take an elevator everywhere they needed to go and that just did not work. They do offer a really cool morning room where if the residence don't want to come down for breakfast they can sit there and enjoy it.

Nice Tour

My tour of this community went very well. My tour guide was very kind and friendly. She showed me all around the community. Everything looked great. The staff was helpful and informative. The residents were very cheerful. The location was just to far for us to travel. It was a pleasant tour, this is a nice community.

Amy was extremely helpful. The place was clean. It was under repair, but looked nice. The rooms are a bit small. Unfortunately, it was not what we were looking for. They do not keep a loved one when they get to that point of needing more than one person to help them. We are more looking for a place our Dad can get used to, and stay at. Still, a nice place. Homey, and clean.

I have no complaints!

Dad is doing just fine at Carriage Court of Memphis. The staff could not be any nicer. We are very satisfied with the care that they provide. They are extremely friendly and I do not know how they manage to do all that they do. They offer a variety of activities for the residents to keep busy. Dad is really enjoying the variety of food offered. The community is very clean throughout and they do very well cleaning up his room.

We enjoyed the tour,Amy was very knowledgable in all capacities we learned a lot and the facility is one we will keep in mind when the time comes.The facility itself was very clean and odor free.The schedule of activities was great as well as the meal schedule.my daughter and I liked the atmosphere .
F.Knight

Compassionate Staff!!

The community is very nice. The staff was excellent and caring. The food wasn't good. I wish that they would have had more communication with each other when the shifts ended. I had to keep calling to make sure the proper medication was being given to my mother they would also call me.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your positive review of our community and staff. We take pride in our staff and their years of loyalty and service at CC Memphis.
We strive to deliver a variety of choices on our menu, as our resident’s satisfaction is our highest of goals, while maintaining and following dietary restrictions for all. Our chef is available for our residents to discuss concerns or suggestions, he also meets with our residents monthly to listen to ideas, and comments regarding their dining experiences as we value our resident’s feedback. CC Memphis encourages our resident’s to utilize the preferred packaging system for medication management. This process is managed daily to ensure continuity of medication availability. The goal of our resident’s using our Pharmacy and Medication Management system is to give our families a piece of mind knowing the process is being overseen and completed by a licensed nursing staff. If you have any additional thoughts or input, please do not hesitate to reach out directly to our Executive Director, Melanie Price, by calling our community line and asking to speak with Melanie.

Toured, nice looking but expensive

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, it was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, it was also one of the more expensive places we looked at, and out of the price range we were looking in. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your feedback about Carriage Court. We are glad you like the community and considered it as an option for your loved one. We are sorry that, in the end, we were not your final choice. If, however, in the future you need a change, please do not hesitate to contact us at [removed].

Nice place, overall!

I think they do a good job overall at Carriage Court. It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the people here seem friendly. I really like how reliable they are when it comes to making sure my loved one is up and dressed and makes it down to breakfast every morning! Really the only problems we've had are some minor issues with the laundry service where they will wash but forget to fold her clothes, and wearing wrinkled clothing upsets her.

Memphis

I love memphis so much. Memphis is a great city for anyone. When i am in Memphis there is just a better vibe for just about everthing. The Carriage Court of Memphis lives up to its name and is a great place.

Nothing bad to review

My dad does not do any of the activities. We do not have any complaints or anything that stands out with the facility.

wonderful

Wonderful place! Dad enjoyed the staff and great food. My only complaint was not receiving a call back from head nurse after leaving two messages. It was, however, over a holiday weekend. I was always able to speak with his staff nurses.

Overall they have done very very well, especially with the condition my mother is in. I think they could possibly tighten up on communication between the nurses, when one gets off duty and the other gets on, communicating about the medications, etc.. The staff is terrific, just stellar. They seem to really care about my mom and the other patients. Overall I am thrilled.

1/25/15 - Met with Amy Leake to tour the facility. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. The facility was clean. I found the square footage of the 1 BR apartments to be very to be small in comparison to other facilities I have toured. Adequate overall.

mom is very happy

The overall experience with Carriage Court of Memphis has been good. My mom is very happy there. It is a good value for the money.

I do think that they could have more staff on duty on the floors to assist the residents. But that is the only area for potential improvement that I can think of. Overall it has been a very positive experience and I would certainly highly recommend Carriage Court of Memphis.

My mother lived here for about five y...

My mother lived here for about five years and everything was going good until 2013, the food was horrible the building itself changed when you walk inn all you can smell is urine,activities are child like for the memory care unit, residents and picking there nose at the table,other residents talking loud to staff members yelling at staff from across the room and the management doesn't care about the residents the DON is very rude she doesn't have people skills.... if the whole management team is replaced then this might be a good place for your loved one but now I wouldn't even let my cat stay one night here

Medical care was seriously lacking.

It was very clean and the staff was friendly. There was a problem with the medication. The medical care was lacking, that's what we needed it for. She liked the place and it was nice. The activities and the food were fine, there weren't any other issues. The medical care and medication management were the most important thing, and that was seriously lacking.

I moved my Dad to the memory care uni...

I moved my Dad to the memory care unit at Carriage Court in Germantown 6 weeks ago. The transition was difficult for everyone, but the people have been great. It was my initial impression of the people who work at Carriage Court that caused me to choose Carriage Court in the first place, and now that I have gotten to know them better I absolutely feel that I made the right choice. Now that everyone has adjusted I am pleased with how well my Dad is doing. The staff are very pleasant, hard-working and professional, from the front desk and managers to the nurses, the assistants, and dining/other staff. I never wanted to have to move my Dad out of my home, but I am very satisfied with our situation.

She’s gotten really involved.

It’s great! My mother just loves it there! My mother right away the activity director came and visited her to let her know what was going on there and then came and got her for the first activity so that she didn’t feel uncomfortable. When she went to her orientation, the staff was very welcoming. She is incredibly happy there. She’s gotten really involved.

God led us to Carriage Court

My mom moved in October of 2013 after being in rehab for a month and previous to that “on her own”. It was a very hard decision to take mom away from her home but I have no doubt God lead us to Carriage Court. In the beginning she needed every two hour checks and taken to every meal. I was am so impressed with the staff; some having been working there for 5 or more years, they never made me feel like I was bothering them. Even when mom’s phone was busy for hours and the front desk sent someone to her room to check on her phone and call me to let me know all was OK. The nurses will call me even when she has a booboo on her ankle and let me know they have called the Dr. for a cream. The activities director comes to mom’s door and personally invites her to activities. I have eaten meals with mom and must say the food is very good, fried fish yum! She has improved to the point that she no longer needs assistants to the dining room and gets on the bus for outings!

Mother in Law

My mother in law has only been in the community for four days at this time but all seems well.

Loved Patrick. Met on Friday afternoo...

Loved Patrick. Met on Friday afternoon and chatted for quite a while about my mom's situation and whether Carriage Court would be a good fit. He definitely understood my concerns about matching my mom with her current level of functioning, yet the need for being in an environment that understands dementia patients. Facility was clean and cheerful. Patrick offered to show me the memory care unit and it was also impressive. Several ladies were enjoying the spring sunshine via the open doors into the main room. Patrick also provided a contract and resident handbook that I brought home to study.

Director was extremely helpful and ca...

Director was extremely helpful and caring. Residents seemed happy and content.

Really nice. Maybe not as nice as Bel...

Really nice. Maybe not as nice as Belmont but certainly worth considering. Staff was also really caring about residents. Rooms may not be as nice as Belmont but were very nice also. Really liked the marketing aspect that the director presented. He is a very good businessman and this part of the tour impressed him the most.We would definitely consider Carriage Court as a home for our mother.

This facility is within 2 blocks of B...

This facility is within 2 blocks of Belmont Village. The business manager was extraordinarily accomodating, despite the fact that they had not received by tour request. She was able to quickly set up a tour of the facility (including two resident apartments) and review the cost and features package with me. The facility has some nice features that make it comparable to Belmont Village. It has a very friendly aura to it and much of the management staff has been in place for 10 years or more. The apartments do not appear to be quite as spacious, but the continental breakfast area on each floor is a very nice feature.

very friendly and nice. Dad liked th...

very friendly and nice. Dad liked this one.

Carriage Court of Memphis is Community-Based Assisted Living at its finest, offering assistance as needed to suit individual lifestyles and personal requirements. Residents live in the comfort and security of a small, friendly, family-like setting with all the privacy they want, yet they may choose to join in a variety of group activities whenever they like.

Personal care and assistance with medication are also available as needed.

Located in East Memphis, less than a mile from the Germantown city limits, Carriage Court of Memphis offers a beautiful, restful haven amid all the excitement, bustle — and music — of Tennessee’s largest city and second largest metropolitan area. Steeped in Blues, Gospel, Rock ‘n’ Roll and “sharecropper” country music (in contrast to the “rhinestone” country sound of Nashville), Memphis played an important part in the careers of such stars as Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash and B.B. King in the 1950s and makes a rich backdrop for Carriage Court. Our community offers a comfortable residential setting with plenty of attractions, shops and restaurants within easy reach. Medical care, too, is not far away.

As with all Carriage Court communities, our Memphis location offers companionship, 24-hour staffing, well-balanced home-cooked meals, an active environment and even a place where residents can entertain friends and family — including children. Residents also have the option of inviting their visitors to join them for lunch or dinner.

Carriage Court residents are free to enjoy their lives, participate in exercise classes, bingo games, card parties, family cookouts, birthday dinners and entertainment, while our cheerful staff handles everything else.