Belmont Village Memphis - Memphis, TN

Met with [name removed]. Loved the feel of the place. Clean. Residents looked well cared for and happy. They offer an actual restaurant style menu for meals. Looked at two different room options , activity room, PT room. The residents are encouraged to get up and out and go to activities. They have a bus and a full time drivers for off the cuff trips like church, even 30 miles away. They offer Respite care. Full time doc and nurses 24-7. They also have what they call PALS which is a worker (or several) constantly there watching and available to assist.
The $ is sort of high but somewhat negotiable.

Way too expensive for us, but a lovely resort like facility. Management seem caring but staff did not seem attentive or friendly. Restaurant style dining is too much for every meal.

Great respite stay

My brother's stay here at this community has worked out well for us, they community and the staff have been great in working with him, they even arranged for their shuttle to take him to and from his dentist appointment. He is waiting on his physical therapy to be arranged by his insurance company but in the meantime, the staff has encouraged him to join in the activities and when I come to visit there is a nice balcony that we can go out on to visit and he can get some fresh air and sunshine. They also make sure that he goes to the dining room for his meals if we're not there to take him and he likes the food. I would definitely recommend scheduling a tour to see this community first hand.

We really liked this community. It was very lovely from the inside to the outside. The inside was so nicely furnished and the lighting was good very bright. The outside has a wonderful fenced in area with tables and chairs to sit at and eat or just enjoy the company. The staff was very friendly and nice. However, the pricing I thought was too expensive and was out of our budget range.

We are having to watch over her care

We have been dealing with several issues here for my mom like seeing that she has stayed in her pajamas all day and because we do pay extra for the use of Circle of Friends we thought that they would be more attentive to our mother's needs. I have gone to management about all our concerns such as her empty oxgyen tank, not taking her to the dining room, monitoring her meds and hopefully these will all be addressed, but in the meantime, we make sure that we check on our mom daily because she can not remember things. I will say the staff is responsive and they have started taking mom to the activities and they bring her back to her room when she asks them to. This community is very nice and we are hoping to keep our mom in the assisted living are for as long as possible that is why we are pay extra for that extra care for her.

Friendly Tour

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. Everything went well for the most part. The staff I met was kind, and helpful. The community looked nice, and clean from what I saw. Everyone was very friendly to my family. The experience was a good one, but I did find a better match for my mother, and her needs.

They Were On Top of My List

After having a tour this community became my second choice. However after some consideration and seeing other communities, it is far for me and it would be difficult for me. I would be dealing with traffic.

This is a good fit for my mom

My mom is in the Memory Unit at Belmont Village Memphis and I am very satisfied with the care that she is receiving there. The staff is very attentive and well trained and they keep me informed and answer all my questions right away. Her room and the community are very clean.
They make sure that my mom takes part in the activities that they offer, and I would like to see her get a little more involved in the exercise class as well. She will be 95 years old soon.

mother,[Removed] Day, became a resident at BV in Feb 2016 and passed away there on June 18. We celebrated her 100th birthday on March 14 and we brought in hospice on April 27.

Bottom line, my family and I couldn't be more pleased with every aspect of our BV experience. At our initial meeting with [Removed] , we got a very good impression of the place and the people. We saw the teamwork of the PALS and sensed the family atmosphere which we personally experienced throughout our time there. My mother was initially in the Circle of Friends and the program was very well run by [Removed] and her assistants. A PAL named [Removed] connected very well with my mother. At the beginning of this year we moved my mother to the "Neighborhood" where she continued to receive excellent care and attention from the PALS and nursing staff. [Removed] and [Removed] were always available and responsive to all our needs and were personally very supportive to me and my family. I always felt like we were all on the same team. A PAL named [Removed] became very attached to my mother and gave her excellent care. [Removed] the maintenance manager deserves special recognition for all the work he does and the positive attitude he maintains.

[Removed] should obviously be recognized for setting the tone ,expectations, and empowering the others to do their jobs.

This being such a people intensive business with staff,residents, and families I know that there are bound to be issues. All I can say is that we had an excellent experience and highly recommend BV-Memphis.

A wonderful visit

This community was one of our first choices. They offer a specific program for intermediate alzheimer's. We felt comfortable with this program. The people we met were nice and the community was very clean. I would recommend this community. The community we chose was smaller and we felt this would work better for our loved one.

Best in Memphis

Wonderful place. Expert, seasoned staff who know what they're doing.

Exceptional Circle of Friends program enhances daily life.

There is nothing in Memphis that compares to their experience and caring.

Very impressed with the comprehensive services. Tour very detailed. Room accomodation and flexibility to have it painted and either carpet or hardwood linolieum floor choice is wonderful!
Staff knowledgable and longevity of years worked there was very impressive. I hope they are in the updating stage of their lobby. It needs some attention. Doesnt make a great first impression, but everything else makes up for that!

Couldn't be happier

Belmont Memphis was able to place our family member in Memory Care within two hours on an emergency basis. Two weeks later the spouse moved into Assisted Living on the same floor. We are delighted with the staff and the facility. The staff makes accommodations based on the needs of the family--not by rigid guidelines. everyone on staff knows all the residents and their nuances. We are delighted knowing that our parents are in a safe, caring facility.

Lots to offer!

Belmont Village Memphis is a gorgeous property. It is a very nice community and we enjoyed the tour. It is pretty large with lot of amenities. It was very well kept and clean when we visited. The staff were very pleasant and knowledgeable.

The Pals and nurses are always available to help.I like the fact that I don't have to wash dishes or cook.I used to get cabin fever before I moved here,but now I have lots of reasons to get out and get involved.One of my favorite activities is glass fusing.It helps my arthritis and it is fun.The building is maintained well and feels very welcoming.The staff is very friendly and eager to help us.

A great place!!!

My mom was only at Belmont Village for 9 days before she passed. They made sure we had plenty of good food brought to the room so we could stay with her. I was so impressed with the staff and how good they were to her and us during this difficult time. The nurses were so good with her and I know my mother would have loved living there. I would recommend this community to friends and family.

Belmont took outstanding care of our parent in memory care - kind and caring.

The Belmont team took great care of our mother. The last 14 months of her life were spent in Belmont's memory care. They provided wonderful assistance and kind care for our mother. It is comforting to know that she was so well cared for her last year of life.

Our Belmont experience started off in such a positive way. The team was outstanding about helping us get mother settled from the West Coast in an emergency situation. They even loaned us furniture for her apartment until her things arrived.

Once we were at Belmont memory care, the considerations continued. Mother had unique California natural food preferences and the Kitchen team was super about filling her requests for salads and salmon and vegetables. She loved the food!

We cannot thank the memory care team enough. Our mother lived most of her life independently and alone. The memory care activities every day kept her involved. We saw her thrive having people around her and she lost much of her previous fear/anxiety. My heart smiles when I remember the loving hugs that the memory care assistants gave mom. She'd hold her arms up and they would hug her and tell her she was loved. It was beautiful.

Her health situation changed as she became prone to falls and broke her hip. The Belmont nursing staff knew how to handle the situation. Many facilities do not want someone who has both dementia and significant physical limitations. The Belmont team and the nursing staff welcomed her back from rehab with open arms. We will always be grateful to them. Speaking medically, the Belmonts in-house doctor – Dr. Randy Villanueva - was the perfect doctor for us. His medical skills, experience with seniors and his compassionate heart are an amazing combination. He is a gift to his patients and their families.

We miss our mother immensely, but it gives us great comfort to know that Belmont made her last year the best it could be. The gift of care and kindness was a priceless one.

Looked nice, but expensive

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, it was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, it was also very expensive. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

They do a very good job.

There is list of reasons this place is great. The staff has been helpful, and very knowledgeable. My mother is taken care of very well by them. They are well trained, polite and show concern for you. I couldn't ask for a better place, it's very clean, the food is good. The community provides live entertainment on a regular bases to keep the resident's happy and loving life. I personally do stand up Comedy for them. The Nursing Staff is very knowledgeable like Lisa Hanon, Julie Goodman, and Jackie. I am very fortunate to have found this place and would highly recommended them to anyone.

Pleased at Belmont Village.

Mom has only been at Belmont for a few weeks. We are still getting used to them and them to us. So far I have been very happy with the care.

1/24/15 - Met with Ashley McKinley and had toured the facility. Liked the atmosphere, facility was very clean, staff was friendly. Particularly liked the 24/7 nursing, on-site physical/occupational therapy, hair salon and restaurant-style dining hall. The 1 BR Apartments are a nice size - really liked the 2 bathrooms. Adequate safety and security. Monthly cost is at the upper end of the budget.

indescribably nice!

I was the first one in our family to go through this sort of thing and it has been a good experience. Mom is not too terribly happy there, but that's just my mom. The people there are very nice and friendly. There have been a few hiccups here and there, but overall mom is ok, and it is a nice place with good food. I would certainly put mom in there again and would recommend them. I can't even describe how nice the people there are!

Looked like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into memory care options for our loved one. This was a nice enough looking place, and the people all seemed friendly. However, for the price we found other options that we thought had a better staff to resident ratio, as well as more room space.

Very nice place!

We really like it so far! It took my loved one a bit of time to adjust, but now that she has settled in she really seems to be enjoying it as well. The people here are exceptionally nice, and the care they provide is very good. They take great care of the residents, and they like to make sure the family stays included as well! They have a lot of activities and amenities, and do a great job with the food. Really the only problem we've had is some confusion when it comes to their billing process. Overall it is a very nice place, and we would definitely recommend them!

Very nice facility. Staff w...

Very nice facility. Staff was extremely friendly and knowledgable. I like the location as it is close to home and work. They were even able to send out a nurse the same day as my tour to evaluate my grandmother. I'm looking forward to moving her into her new home hopefully this week.

Very nice place!

We've had a great experience overall with Belmont Village. Our loved one is in the memory care unit and all of the caretakers and aides that she works with are very caring and personable. We've only had experience with one other community, but Belmont Village is definitely and improvement in every way.

Belmont Village

I feel my parents are quite happy with Belmont Village. I am pleased at how the staff have made them feel very welcome.

This place is not for us. I...

This place is not for us. It is VERY expensive and I saw nothing going on that impressed me.

Belmont Village

We were very impressed when we visited Belmont Village. Everyone was friendly and seemed to genuinely care about the residents. They have gone out of their way to make my mother's move and first couple of weeks a pleasant experience. The employees and residents have welcomed my mother as well as made the family feel comfortable when visiting.

love the bedrooms and menu,...

love the bedrooms and menu, dog can visit. Need to ask about smoking. Pricey, if could afford would be my first choice. Large up front money. Facility sells itself, certainly not our tour guide.

This place was awesome too....

This place was awesome too. But just not as organized as The Solana Germantown. The people were very nice here also.

Nice facility. Residents se...

Nice facility. Residents seemed engaged with one another. Staff was friendly and attentive. Nice apartments. Price is high.

Super nice environment. Beautiful lob...

Super nice environment. Beautiful lobby/living room; lots of activity since it was happy hour. Lisa was very helpful and answered or anticipated many of my questions. I love the location, but the price is quite a bit higher than what mom and I are looking for.

Very lively place. Good food with ge...

Very lively place. Good food with general seating in the dining room. Residents appear happy. Staff knows the residents by name. Smallest rooms seem small.

3rd choice.

3rd choice.

Very impressive. Wonderful atmosphere...

Very impressive. Wonderful atmosphere. Interaction of staff and residents was nice; seem to really care about the residents. She really liked this facility the best. We would definitely consider Belmont as a home for our mother.

Was very good program, but disliked t...

Was very good program, but disliked the different floors. he would get lost. Group of residence he would be with were very handicapped/wheel chair bound and not on his functional level.

The facilities were amazing, the staf...

The facilities were amazing, the staff amazing, the amenities, apartments and care were all top notch.

Very nice place. Elavator. Rooms sma...

Very nice place. Elavator. Rooms small. Atmosphere good. Dinning good. Clean, excercise room, library, snacks.

very nice. larger apts. but more impe...

very nice. larger apts. but more impersonal

Too high in price.

Too high in price.

Really nice the director wass nice

Really nice the director wass nice

NULL

NULL

Very impressive facility and apartmen...

Very impressive facility and apartment spaces. Lots of light. Very clean. Residents appeared well-groomed and different types of memory care programs are available. They were expecting me and had a full packet prepared. Space was designed for mobility-challenged individuals with wide halls and doorways, open spaces, lowered tables/desks. Activities appear to abound. Shopping is very near by with add'l opportunities for planned trips to Wal-Mart, etc.

Very nice.

Very nice.

Belmont Village of Memphis, Tennessee is located in the attractive Germantown residential area shaded by Crape Myrtle and Dogwood trees, not too far from the Mississippi River. Situated near shopping, restaurants, places of worship and outstanding medical facilities – not to mention everything Elvis – our Belmont Village facility offers a wonderful cross-section of the past, present and future for our assisted living residents.

Who can resist falling in love with Belmont’s distinctive interiors and signature programs in hospitality, dining and activities? And when looking for the perfect place to stop and smell the roses, there’s no better place than the generous grounds and mature landscaping that surround Belmont Village. All these amenities plus a well-trained and caring staff have residents and their families saying thank you very much.