Grand Villa of Englewood - Englewood, FL

• Personal care

The place should be investigated. Looks good on the outside until you have to start dealing with them. Horable employees, gave wrong information on what they could supply and do

Review of Grand Villa

Everyone seems friendly and helpful. We are pleased so far with the facility except the pool doesn't have set hours and its kept locked most of the time. Since having a pool was one of the deciding factors we are disappointed with this area.

I have been in this facility. The only issue is that the rooms are like small apartments which is great for a more independent person. Mom would fare much better in a place where rooms are all inside one building.

Helpful Staff, but Inadequate Housekeeping

Grand Villa of Englewood has good food, helpful staff, and a lot of activities. However, the housekeeping is very inadequate. They are not cleaning resident rooms near as often as they need to. I also feel that the management is not doing what they should be doing as far as supervision and training are concerned.

Clint Dockery

Thank you for your input into our community. As the new Executive Director, I can tell you that we have added additional housekeeping staff to our operation and we have new management in place with a focus on customer service. I would like to apologize for the unusual experience that you had and assure you that we employ continuous quality management strategies in our operations, always seeking to improve our service to seniors and their families.
Please feel free to reach out to me at any time with your questions or Concerns.
Robin Starry Feilds - Executive Director, Grand Villa of Englewood

loved this place, left a deposit and am still looking.

Grand Villa

I took a look at Grand Villa for my aunt, and I felt it was equally as nice as other places I had looked at, but I just wasn’t as open and airy as I was hoping for. I was looking for a place that felt open and healthy, so we opted of anther community we had looked at.

Just like home with a pool

This is a very nice community, the staff is wonderful and they really show that they care about their residents. Each of the apts here has their own front door that opens onto the courtyard. The walkways are covered and there's even an exercise pool for the residents to use. My parents have their own furiture so it feels more like home to them. They have both started to take part in the activities, mom more than dad and they enjoy going to the dining room, mom loves the food. Their apt has a small kitchenette so they like having breakfast at home to start their day. I would recommend coming on one of their tours here to see things for yourself.

Good Community

This is a very nice community. She hasn't been here about a month and in that time she was enjoying herself. She never complained about the food. There hadn't been enough time for her to do any of the activities. The staff is friendly and very nice.

Toured This Community

In touring this community I found that I did not care for the floor plan of the community. The staff was very nice and helpful very informative. The community was clean and looked well maintained.

Mom's Good Care

I am happy with the care at this community for my mom's care. We like the staff who are caring and attentive. The community is clean and she likes the variety of the meals that are served. This community offers the residents a lot of activities. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one with a nice value.

Nightmare Experience

I would never recommend this community to anybody. They almost killed our loved one. She was there for three weeks, and declined very much. She had many bed sores, and a very bad infection. When one of her friends with the visit her, she was just out of it. When her son asked what is wrong with my mother. The staff said it was her medication that made her act like that. He wasn't happy with that answer, so he took her to the hospital. The hospital had to stabilize, because she was in since bad condition. It was a nightmare experience for us in this community.

Great place for a family member.

I have found the individuals working at Grand Villa to be professional and friendly. The premises have been upgraded both in respect to the outside landscaping as well as the apartments we have seen. I would recommend this community to others.

We went on the Tour yesterday and feel that is what Josephine would really like. We may put $1500 down just to get it off the market until we speak with the doctors and the lawyer this week. We will then determine whether she goes home for a while or whether she goes directly to the Grand Villa/
We have cancelled all the other tours for now.
Thank you for your help. I would not give it a 5 star but probably a 4. I believe they are in the midsty of upgrading since they only own the place since January.
[Removed]

Overall Great Experience!!

I am very pleased with this community, they have provided my loved one with excellent care and have given her an overall excellent experience. The staff made sure that they accommodated her needs and involved the family with many of the activities and meals throughout the day. The cleanliness of this facility was out standing , they maintained the bedrooms very well and provided a laundry service everyday.

Housekeeping is wonderful!!

The housekeeping is wonderful, they are constantly making sure that the community is looking pristine. The location is convenient with lots of beautiful scenery around the facility. I overall have no complaints and would defiantly recommend this place.

They say memory care. It seems to be the big push! It's a nice place but memory care makes it close to beyond affordable. It is clean and bright.

Memory Care Unit

Staff is courteous and competent. Security is excellent in Memory Care Unit.

Welcome to Grand Villa of Englewood. Our lovely senior living community in Englewood, Florida, offers a family atmosphere and wonderful amenities to help our residents get the most out of life.

Grand Villa offers a full range of lifestyle options, including independent living, assisted living, and memory care offering our residents a continuum of care. Our all-inclusive monthly rate covers dining, housekeeping, and much more.