Magnolia Acres ALF - Englewood, FL

DO NOT RECOMMEND

This place is horrible. The entire place is disgusting and basically in unlivable conditions. The smell of Urine was so strong I couldn't wait to leave, everywhere you look you can tell the place isn't being cleaned properly or at all really for that matter. I honestly don't know how this place hasn't been shut down yet. I can't express enough how no one should let a loved one live in a place like this and am shocked that people do.

Absolutely not recommended. Dirty, smelly and depressing.

Oh my goodness. My family and I just came from a tour of this place. We're looking for a place for our mom. We were completely appalled at the deplorable conditions of the entire place. We got a bad feeling from the look of the outside, behind a chain link fence leading up to a porch with mismatched chairs and a table. The whole home was filthy. The floors had food on them, it looked like there had been a food fight or something. The windows were so dirty you could barely see out. It looked like nothing had been cleaned in ages. There was built-up dirt in corners and along all of the walls. The tiny bedroom with 2 beds each were very messy and dirty too. She pointed out a bed that was now available because the tenant had just passed away and they hadn't cleaned it yet. The bathrooms were horrible. I can't even believe people would live there. It was so depressing. It smelled bad. We could smell urine. We couldn't wait to get out of there. It was an awful experience. There's a reason there are no photos. This should absolutely not be on any list of recommended facilities. I wish we had turned around and not even gone past the gate.

Caring, respectful , honest and neat!

My beloved mother lives at Magnolia Acres and she is happy and healthy. Our family researched many facilities before bringing her here and found this facility to be warm and friendly, clean and efficient. It is like a caring big family where the staff actually knows my mom, her likes and dislikes and they call her by name and an endearing nickname. Home cooking, helping her to feed herself, fresh air breaks, and little endearing things like letting her select the color of her polish for a manicure, helping her to do crafts and listening to her. She is respected here, not just a faceless number as other larger places treat residents. We are blessed to have her at Magnolia Acres.

Just like home. Love and affection

This facility is state of art facility where my mom resided for some time. Though, she is no more in this world, but still we cherish the wonderful memories she had in this facility. It is a true home within. Three gourmet meals a day and snacks, transportation to and from Dr. appointments ,shopping, and banking, social outings, large variety of in house activities, housekeeping and laundry services are provided here at reasonable rates. The room where I used to go to see my mom looked like a little apartment, with a kitchenette, small living room, and bedroom filled with personal items to really make it look like home. Lat time when I was there, I saw a bunch of residents in one of the common areas taking a painting class. There are mini common areas all over the place, filled with books, TVs and couches, or dining areas. Of course, there are nursing stations, too, but you have to be on the lookout for them, because they aren't easily spotted if you're just having a casual look. Overall a nice setup for people interested to stay in assisted living facilities.

Magnolia Acres

Magnolia Acres is an easy 10 out of 10. The start is caring, friendly, and treat the residents like close friends rather than clients. I have even had the privilege of joining the staff and residents to a professional dance showcase, one of the many trips and recreation activities planned to meet the individual interests of the residents. Unless you would like your loved one locked up in an unhappy prison if an ALF, where the staff is only there for the money, I highly reccommend Magnolia Acres. High quality care is guaranteed.

I loved how "Home Like" the facility is. All the staff greeted me with a smile, and the residents all seem happy. I was very pleased with the atmosphere and will look forward to visiting my mom!