Grand Oaks of Okeechobee - Okeechobee, FL

Settling in

This is a smaller community I have a 1 bedroom apartment. They will come and check on me every 2 hours. Everybody is a close knit family here. If you don't like something you just tell them and they are kind and will make a change. They serve 3 good meals a day with alternates to choose from. They keep things really clean in here. The have a calendar of daily activities that they have to offer. They have a bus that will take us shopping like Wednesdays are Wal-mart day. There is a nice garden in the back and they have a porch with rocking chairs on it. Another thing I like is there are no clicks here we all care for eachother. I would recommend this community.

The Residents are great to work with. Upper management is so far out of touch with patient care it is so ridiculous. Residents are heard but nothing is changed from Upper management. Coming from an employee stand point The Upper management does not know what the left and right hand are doing to say the least. The Company has people that are not Core Trained trying to tell the people who are Core trained what they should be doing. I have never seen a company so disorganized in my life and they also do not want to go by the state guidelines due to spending money. They also advertise RN 24 hour onsite and that is also untrue. It is a great place if you want to keep your loved ones close so you don't have to travel out of town but I would check into better places.