Balmoral Assisted Living - Lake Placid, FL

My dad is settling in

My dad is settling in nicely and they have his homecare now coming into giving him his insulin. I like seeing some nice changes in my dad since his move here. They even set-up his apt just like it was in his condo which has really helped him feel more at home. My dad now walks to the dining room with his walker and an aide to assist him and he loves all the choices on the menu and the fact that he gets dessert with every meal. Dad is not much on the activities but he is very content to listen to his books for the blind back in his apt and all of the staff are so nice they greet him by name whenever they see him.

My loved one is happy!

My loved one's stay at Balmoral is going just fine! She is able to do things on her own time, which she enjoys. Her room at Balmoral is beautiful as well. Though my loved one doesn't care for the food for personal reasons, there are a few options offered to her. I feel like she's as happy as she's going to be here!

More one on one

Maybe I was expecting a little more attention to my loved one . I noticed her trash was piling up in her room , bed was not changed, or clothes not washed, toilet was slightly dirty.
Was wanting her to be looked after a little more as per showering, medications,etc. I don't go to see her every day as I work , but do go every few days. Very relaxed area , like it says holiday resort , beautiful place , staff is very nice , and very helpful.

Dad approved!

Everyone here is so wonderful and very friendly. They have quite a few activities it's just that dad has not gotten involved. Dad does enjoy the library that they have. He also likes the food. The community and dad's room is always clean and neat. Dad is adjusting well and likes it here.

Friendly, caring staff!

Our experience with Balmoral Assisted Living has been a very positive one, overall! The people here are very friendly, very helpful, and they're doing a great job looking after our loved one. Grandma really seems to love it here, she hasn't had anything negative to say! My one complaint would be that the staff tends to be on the younger side and sometimes seem a little lacking in professionalism, but they still do a great job with the actual care!

We toured this facility. It is absolutely beautiful, but unless we can get some help from the VA. we can't afford it.

They have been great!!

They have been great!! I don't have any complaints about food, or anything. They have their hands full with our loved one, and they are doing a wonderful job. I would definitely give them five stars.

Review of Balmoral Assisted Living Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Lake Placid, FL

I toured Balmoral while looking for placement for my father. He is in need of a memory care unit The tour was very informative. My guide, Joy, knew and spoke to all staff and residents we passed. She called each person by name and introduced me to them. I was able to visit privately and talk to some of the residents. Joy was very forthright and not the least evasive when answering my questions. The facility was very clean. The courtyards were amazing and the residents seemed to like using them. Many extra services are offered. Aging in place is part of the program. Activities are varied. The memory care unit was impressive. Food was delicious. I was most impressed with the genuine care and concern I witnessed staff giving to the residents. Another impressive feature is that whatever is done with and for the assisted living residents is also done for the memory care residents. Memory care rooms are single occupancy, which is a plus. I would not hesitate to let one or both of my parents stay at Balmoral.

very happy

I’m very happy the facility. The food is great. There is enough parking. There aren’t a lot of outside – outside areas, but there are two interior courtyards and they have enough space for people to walk around in.

Putting mom in a new community.

Mom is very good about using the bathroom by her-self but time to time she does have an accident. When I went to visit her there were feces on the side of the toilet four days later when I came back the feces was still on the toilet. I worry that if I don’t visit frequently her quality of care would drop. The people however are really nice. We are currently in the process of putting mom in a new community.

Welcome to assisted living that is designed to WOW! Surrounded by farms and Lake Huntley, Balmoral Assisted Living is a community that is both serene yet urban. Nearby is an active community with plentiful opportunities for shopping, dining, historic outings and fun excursions. Each day, residents live their life as they choose, with the care they desire when they need it.

With Balmoral Assisted Living, life is full of enriching activities, personalized care and an engaging lifestyle. It’s an assisted living and memory care experience that gives residents the opportunity to live a truly exciting life. Come see why we’re making seniors say WOW!