Golden LivingCenter– Sleepy Hollow - Annandale, VA

Frustration all the way around

My husband has been at Sleepy Hollow [Removed]. The biggest issue with this facility is communication. No one returns calls. The nursing staff is difficult to deal with because of the language barriers, most of them are from outside the US. Food service is terrible. The place smells because diapers are not changed in a timely fashion. The first thing that hits you when you step off the elevator is the odor of urine and feces. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Horrible, disgusting place!

My father was planned here for short term rehab. We picked it because it was close to my parents home. It is filthy and disgusting. The staff left a lot to be desired. My dad fell twice while there. He got sepsis while in this horrible place and we had him transported to the hospital, he died 2 days later. Went in for short term rehab! Your loved ones should not be placed in this horrible place!

Review Sleepy Hollow Rehab

My father was placed here by me 20 days ago for short term rehab, the nurse manager in Emerald court was wonderful, she adjusted his meds 3 days after he was there for the pain. He came there first could hardly go to the restroom on his own, now he is home and much more independent. The nurses and rehab therapists do a wobderful job at pushing patient to be more active, I highly recommend this place over the others!

Horrible place to leave you loved one

This place is horrible. The moment you walk in the main doors; it's smells like piss. There are patients that are huddled in a sitting area about to fall off their chairs; and no nurse around.

My grandparent recently had a stroke and is on multiple medications. None of which make him sleep all the time. In the hospital before being transferred to Golden Living, he was showing a lot of signs of improvement and energy. Now he just wants to sleep all the time. When I asked if he was in any antipsychotic medication, the attending nurse yelled at me. I asked for a list of medications being given to him and I was brushed off and ignored.

One day he's blood pressure was over 180/51 and I told the attending nurse, it's too high, he needs to be monitored for the next hour if it doesn't go down he has to be hospitalized. She yelled at me stating it was ok and to stop bothering her. I reported her the administration and they only wrote up a report. And that was all they did to help.

This place is where you put someone you don't care about, so that the staff here will do the bare minimum to care for them and ignore them until they die. If you call them out, they will yell at you, if you report the staff to the administration they will write a report, just to get you to leave them alone as well.

Referral

great place to place your loved one. If you need to get the nursing care around the clock and you want a great doctor to look after your loved one then I recommend this place. I had to drive about 30 minutes each way from [removed] and I would recommend this place over the others because of the doctors, nurses and the care they give. My aunt was 60% better after spending 3 mos at this place.

They were pretty nice

They were pretty nice, and we were pleased with them. My loved one had a medical event and the complications afterward was not something that they were equipped to handle. They just weren't able to accommodate our health needs any longer and we had to move.

When you think "nursing home," what usually comes to mind is a place for people who need long-term medical care. That's true of our nursing home, but we also offer short-term help for people who just need to get back on their feet after an illness or injury.
Whatever your specific needs, our goal is to provide compassionate care in a clean, comfortable setting where you will feel at home.

Individualized attention begins as soon as you are admitted, and our skilled nurses meet with you regularly to discuss your ongoing needs. Certified nursing assistants provide round-the-clock medical care or help with routine activities, and therapists provide rehabilitation to any resident who needs it.

Therapy is available to everyone

Rehabilitation is an essential element of life in our home. Although the majority of our residents need physical therapy, we also offer occupational, speech and respiratory therapy. Using advanced techniques, these therapists work as a team to help you recover as quickly as possible.

Featured services

Would you like some help with your financial options? Our business office employees are available to you. Do we offer the services and treatments you need? Select any of these services for details: