Golden Heritage Assisted Living Home - Scottsdale, AZ

Loving and caring environment

It is hard to believe that my mom is now gone for almost a month...I have been meaning to write you but time just slipped away. What can I say...you are the best! You are and were an "angel" to my mom. She/we were so lucky to find you. You created & create a wonderful environment to live. This was mom's home...She was not just some random resident living in an assisted environment...She was living in a warm, loving home-where people cared about each other. Mom was very lucky. Mom was not always the easiest of characters...she certainly had her moments...but you always was there...As mom got older she became "sweeter"...I know that she always felt blessed...
Thank you so much for caring for mom.
Peace & love,
AB

A positive experience

Our sweet Mom has lived at Golden Heritage for the last two years. We find the owner and staff to be genuine, caring and very professional people. They are easy to communicate with, listen to suggestions and are always aim to keep our loved one happy. She is always dressed nice and is very cleanly every time we come for an unannounced visit.
The meals smell delicious and they have a lot of activities and crafts.
We are very happy that we picked this home for her.
Thank you Golden Heritage, we appreciate you!

[name removed] and staff put their hearts into the care of their residents. Saw many unkept group homes before coming to Golden Heritage Assisted Living and as soon as we walked in the door we felt the difference. You become part of the family and continue living in a safe environment. If medical treatment arrises, staff respects the residents/family wishes and communicates accordingly. So appreciative for the respect, care and love [name removed] and staff give!

A wonderful Place

5 star... a wonderful place ... it feels like home and the staff takes great care. They have a great respect for our senior citizens!

Best place in town

You can feel a sense of pride that you have done the very best you can do for your parents when you place them in the care of Golden Heritage . The staff really CARE. Best place in town as we tried several .

My favorite house

This is definitely my favorite house I bring my slideshow presentations to. The staff, owner and residents are all so much fun and caring. I wish more group homes would follow [name removed] desire to bring outstanding care to senior citizens.

Good Place for Able Bodied, NOT GOOD at End of Life!!

First and foremost, this is a very good home for the able bodied residents that can still enjoy day to day activities. The facility is very nice, both inside and out. There are activities; the residents socialize with one another, and the staff is interactive with the residents. Holidays are also amazing at Golden Heritage. I would rate it at 4 stars. I would give it 5 stars if there was peace of mind that the residents could call for help in the night and actually be heard; HOWEVER, at the end of life, I was not pleased or impressed, whatsoever and would rate at 0 stars. \n\nMy experience was as follows: My dear friend was in the final days and weeks of her life, lying in and out of an unconscious state. She would periodically moan and scream out. I BEGGED the owner and her choice of hospice (Sanctuary) to provide morphine and Ativan. I overheard the owner tell the hospice nurse by phone that I was being very difficult and I was only trying to speed up the death process to suit my own needs! This was at the end of April 2017. I was livid! I've sat at the bedside of many friends and relatives and held their hands at the end of life and never been accused of such a thing. The owner also told me that people who are dying do not want their hand held or want to be touched. I've never heard of such a thing in all of my life. The hospice nurse went along with this, as well. In talking with other hospice agencies, they stated to me that is outrageous for anyone in either line of work to give that type of information. \n\nWhen looking for an assisted living home, PLEASE be certain to get a good understanding of what their philosophy is on end of life. The owner of Golden Heritage told me that she believes in a \natural death \" as did the only family member that lived a thousand miles a way and was not there. Apparently the owner took \"natural death\" to mean no pain killers at the end of life if they are not absolutely 100% certain the screaming out isn't more than just an unpleasant dreamy state. --I located this home for my dear friend and live with so many regrets that I did not do the best for her that I could have by asking some of these questions that perhaps I could have or should have thought of. Please do your homework first!\n\nOne other note: Visiting hours are 9:00-11:00 a.m. and 2:00-4:00 p.m. Any visiting outside of those hours must be cleared through the owner. If your loved one is dying at night their live-in caregiver is most likely sleeping. I stayed overnight one night and I was very appreciative of the leniency shown. By night #2 I was asked not to stay after I had revealed that I overheard the resident in the next room screaming out "Help Me!" for hours and no one came.