Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House - Gloucester Courthouse, VA

Family member

After going on a tour at Commonwealth of senior living at Gloucester House and seen first-hand how the residents are treated and how badly management treats the staff it really made me sad the assistant Rcd is very disrespectful, the RCD talks down or their staff, treats them really bad after speaking with a couple staff members residents are not properly cleaned which is leading to alot of infections, I would not recommend anyone to send their family member there [date removed]

I really enjoy the ammonia smell of urine!!!!!

It is too early to write a review. I will give a comprehensive review after 6 months. One positive is that my mother seems content with her status.

I was most impressed with the Sales and Marketing Director and the tour that she provided. I liked the core values of the community which she presented and the residents I encountered seemed generally engaged and social. While the accommodations were not sufficient for my in-laws, I am considering it for my Mother when everyone else is settled!

She is like a whole new person being here

Everything seems to be falling into place since we placed her here. I can't believe the transformation that has happened my mother is generally happy and being cared of extremely well it has given us such peace of mind. The community is close enough that we can come by and take her out for the day to spend time with her if she likes there are no restrictions about her going out for the day.
Her unit is spacious and has made her feel quite comfortable and housekeeping is being done every day. The staff is extremely helpful and kind and makes sure that she gets dressed and cleaned every day.
She has joined activities and has made a lot of friends.
She does down to the dining hall for meals and is enjoying the food.

Perfect for my 97 year old Mother

A Nice Place But Communication Needs Some Work

The overall experience has been fair. I feel there is a lack of communication within the staff. It can take a few days to get a response to my email and voicemail. They have missed doctor's order and they were aware of the timeline. At night the receptionist is unaware of who is staffed for the night. Otherwise it is clean and they have good food but it is a little salty. They have a good activities program and an onsite beautician. They did her hair real nice.

The Gloucester House is Fantastic!!

The staff at the Gloucester House has been amazing and accommodating. They understood our needs and worked with us. The staff is always happy, which tells me that the facility is under good management. I highly recommend the Gloucester House for your loved ones.

A wonderful place

This a great facility! Every one has been very helpful and nice! Very clean and neat like a well kept hotel! They are taking very good care of my mother in law.
The staff was very caring and great about getting her situated!

GH Review / Mrs. Givler

The facility is lovely and clean. It offers many social opportunities for the residents and is caring and friendly.
My only issue is with communication. My mom says when she rings for assistance no one comes, if asks for something she doesn't get it. I do realize, however, that my mom isn't always reliable.
I have left messages at the front desk for the staff regarding my mom and they don't get passed on. (Such as hair appt.) I asked for a handle be fixed on her dresser 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't be fixed. When I call sometimes the one answering doesn't seem to know who my mother is. Sometimes I get sent to the correct area, get put on terminal hold.
It would be great if these issues could be addressed ASAP.

They were just fantastic, with my loved one and with the family.

They were just fantastic, with my loved one and with the family. They were very friendly, helpful and compassionate, and went above beyond to make my loved one's last days comfortable.

It looks like the residents...

It looks like the residents get adequate care - I saw a lot of staff. But it seemed crowded. I visited during meal time and it seemed congested and crowded. The rooms were large. My main focus was on the memory care side as this is the level of care my step-mother will need. The staff seemed very accommodating in that they would let my Dad have access to the entire facility and not limit him to the memory care area since he doesn't have the same needs as my step-mother. They said there are food options if they don't like what's on the menu for the day. Good nutrition is important because my parents are continually losing weight. A lot of the staff wore 'scrubs' giving it a hospital feeling. Other facilities have the staff in street clothing which made it seem more residential than hospital-ee. There weren't a lot of areas for the residents to sit and ponder - there was a room with a television, but it was being used as a training area for employees. Other than private tvs, I don't know where my parents could sit and watch television with others. I like that the staff takes the residents out for outings. I wasn't there at a time to see any of the activities. One of the residents kept asking to go home - she even said she'd pay someone to take her home. That made me sad. I like that this facility is close to where I live so I could see my parents often. Two more facilities to review and then decision time. This facility is one that I would definitely consider.

My sister and I like what the Glouces...

My sister and I like what the Gloucester house has to offer. There is plenty of activities to keep the residents occupied. The staff is friendly and it is clean.

I have toured Glouster House and plac...

I have toured Glouster House and placed a deposit with them to hold a room.

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House, a premier senior living community located near historic downtown Gloucester managed by Commonwealth Senior Living. A tight-knit community with family-like atmosphere, Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House has easy access to healthcare facilities, shopping, dining and more. We provide comprehensive services for residents that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle. Among the most distinctive features is our signature Sweet Memories program, which received a best practice award from the Virginia Assisted Living Association. It’s specifically designed for those residents who experience memory loss, Alzheimer’s or dementia. We also recently added new suites to this community.

Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House boasts a variety of amenities, including nutritious dining, housekeeping, linen services, therapy sessions and transportation arrangements. For our active residents, our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Residents enjoy suites and companion rooms with private baths. Deluxe private suites are available as well. With no entrance fees, enjoying life at Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House is an affordable option. We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management.

The attentive and experienced caregivers provide compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you’ll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House further and schedule a tour today.