Glenbrooke at Palm Bay - Palm Bay, FL

This was a nice tour for the care for my mom. We liked the staff and the environment of this community. The environment was nice and the menu is appealing. The activities would have been good for my mom to participate and stay active. We wanted something with a small layout. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Good Tour Of The Facility

I had a good tour of this community.I toured it for my mother, and her needs. The tour went well, and everyone was kind. From what I saw the community looked nice, and clean. The staff was friendly, and polite. It was a nice experience, but unfortunately we decided on another care option for my mother, and her needs.

A perfect match

The staff are helpful and take pride in caring for the residents. This is a larger community, however there is a great level of care. This community is gorgeous and has a great atmosphere. The food is good and they offer a variety of choices. The community is in a quiet area off the beaten path. This community is centrally located close to different stores and other places. I have no complaints and I would recommend this community.

Very happy with everything!!

I am very happy with how everything is going so far for my self at this community. The staff have all been very welcoming and friendly as well as all of the residents. The food and activities have been a great bonus that I get to enjoy as well. I would defiantly recommend this place.

This community did not feel like an assisted living center. It felt very clean, up to date. The apartment I viewed was very light-filled and had tall enough ceilings to feel open. The services were a very good value. We can't make a decision right now but I think this one is at the top of the list if we stay in Melbourne.

Smart Move

My parents feel safe and welcome @ Glenbrooke @ Palm Bay. It was a very good move for them. No more worry about maintenance of the house and yard.

the right place

My father and stepmother moved in about a month ago. Their apartment is very comfortable. The community is quiet and slow paced which is just what they need. There are many activities that they can join if they desire.

All the staff and other residents are very friendly and helpful.

Review of Glenbrooke at Palm Bay - Palm Bay, FL

Loretta was very informative. Nice facilities. I explained the separate building set up to my mom and she was a little concerned getting around in bad weather. I am planning to set up a tour when my mom comes to visit in 2 weeks.

Best choice we ever made!

We were planning to visit 4 places for our mom to consider. We unexpectedly had to move her weeks before we had planned. I sent Mom all the info for all the places, and she put Glenbrooke At Palm Bay at the top of the list. It was affordable, the web site was very accurate and easy to navigate, and the coordinator was amazing! She understood our situation and worked so hard to help us. We had still planned to look at the other places, but when Mom walked into Glenbrooke At Palm Bay, she loved it! She said, "This is like a resort!" Very clean, no odors, exceptionally friendly staff, shuttle service, amazing meal options, affordable and TONS of activities. They really do care about their residents and guests, and go out of their way to make everyone comfortable. We were able to stay to move Mom in and she is incredibly happy. She has made lots of new friends and said she should have done this years ago. We were SO lucky to have found GlenBrooke At Palm Bay. If you are looking at places like this, do yourself a favor and schedule a visit.

pleased

I had sticker shock at Glenbrooke at Palm Bay. I did look at several other places and putting value into context they weren't the priciest but not cheapest. The quality you get here is worth the money after the shock wears off. Sometimes the new staff isn't quite as good here but I have been pretty pleased with everyone for the most part. They have a lot of good activities but my mother will not participate in them. Overall I am so pleased with this facility.

Friendly, accommodating staff

Overall our experience with Glenbrooke at Palm Bay has been a good one! The move-in was very smooth, they were a big help throughout the whole process! The staff are all very friendly and helpful in general, and they've been very accommodating regarding any suggestions or questions that we've had.

surprised, a bit dissapointed

The hired help is great. Over worked and under paid. They are very pleasant at first impression , but as a psychologist I can see they are not happy. Seam's as though there is stress . The décor is somewhat commercial . Not a very warm atmosphere . "Homey" if u will. The office personal from whom I've had the pleasure of meeting didn't seam to be very down to earth. Lacking a bit of self confidence ? I truly felt they were also a bit commercial .
The transportation vehicle's don't appear to be in very good condition. There was a bus at the front entrance that looked very old and tired. I was shown a table with all of their outings , there didn't seam to be a lot to offer. We are going to continue looking for a more " at home " home for our parents they deserve the best.

Nice place, with lots of activities.

We looked at the independent living apartments. The hallways were large and long, but in the independent apartment area, they weren't as long, and arranged in a circular fashion. No meals were included in the larger apartment for independent living. We sat in the main hall and met with the staff. I felt they had better pricing than a lot of places. We saw a pool and a club house, and a large bulletin board of activities, with Various on site and off site activities. We also have friends at this community which is nice.

Our meeting went very well. So far Glenbrook is at the top of our list. Loretta done did a fine job and gave some good suggestions. We were very impressed with what we saw and will keep in touch with her.

Glenbrooke is a nice place. My primary gripe is the food. On a scale of 1 to 10 I rate it at 31/2. They don't seem to be interested in improving it.

Very nice facility, we coul...

Very nice facility, we could envision living there.

Wonderful place! But food really needs to improve.

These apartments are beautiful! My loved one lived here for quite a while before medical needs necessitated a move, and I'd live there myself when I get to that age! It is a very nice community, and the staff and residents are all very friendly. The food, however, is vile. Nothing is fresh, the vegetables are usually soggy and grey. It's really a disappointment, considering how nice everything else is.

Awesome for Independent Living

It is a wonderful facility. Mom was there for four years and she loved it, but they only have a very basic assisted living license and her level of care got too high. I liked because it was a combination of different levels, independent living and assisted living, and there was more interaction between several types of people rather than just being around one type all the time. The activities were at a much higher level. They had cooking, they had Bingo, dinner dances, and happy hour every Friday. It was really great. For someone that wants independent living, that place is awesome!

Great Community

We were very, very happy with everything involved with Glenbrook. I felt that the management was very strong. By the time he moved out, he was in independent and partially assisted living. They have two separate buildings, with independent living separated from assisted living. Meals are served in the building deemed assisted (although not everyone in there needs full assistance). You have an option to pay for meals in the independent building, although they are not required.

Dancing, happy hour and good food

My friend moved into this community and really likes. She is exhausted from all the activities they have to offer like dancing and happy hour. When I visited I had some Salisbury steak and have also had the tuna fish sandwich and they were both very good. They have a restaurant style setting with two different choices for meals. We did look into 5 or 6 other community and there was no comparison Glenbrooke was the best one. We would recommend this community to anyone.

So Happy!

We have been here since 2003 and this is our home and we will continue living here. Glenbrooke’s staff is second to none, and they have become our family. Our friends that live here at Glenbrooke are also more like family. We enjoy the activities and lifestyle that Glenbrooke offers and truly believe there is not a better place to live out our retirement. We waited too long to make the move to Glenbrooke. We visited many times and told several of our friends to move but couldn’t seem to brave it for ourselves. The staff at Glenbrooke never gave up on us, and even helped to see us through the selling of our home and assisted with all the arrangements to make the move. We now feel that we have regained our zest for life!

Outside activities appear l...

Outside activities appear limited by a dearth of grounds. Do not believe we would be interested in this facility

Our well trained, compassionate and experienced staff are here to help and be by your side from the moment you first walk through our doors until you hang your last picture on your new home's wall. At Glenbrooke at Palm Bay, we understand how important your retirement years are, after all, you have worked hard to retire with ease. We understand that each person's situation is unique and we continually work with each of our residents on a case-by-case basis to ensure specific needs and concerns are met.

Whether you have just retired, need some assistance, or are trying to find the perfect location for a loved one, let Glenbrooke at Palm Bay give you and your loved ones peace of mind. If companionship, full amenities, and a hospitable staff are desired, Glenbrooke at Palm Bay is sure to meet your expectations.