Brookdale Melbourne - Melbourne, FL

Brookdale Melbourne - Melbourne, FL has yet not published prices.

They were not prepared for my visit and did not have any important information for me other than basic room tour info. This establishment felt more nursing home than an assisted living community.

It is a possibility. I'm looking for dementia care, but I
don't see true interactive, brain stimulating activities.
Would be alright for simple asst living. They do take Medicaid.

Not The Right for Us

I was not impressed with my tour of this community. When speaking with the tour guide, they informed me that there they were going to start my father out in assisted living at first. Then move him to another part of the community if needed. I didn't want to move him anymore after placing him. This was not the community for us overall.

Nothing Wrong Here

It was a very, very nice community to see as an option. The representative gave a thorough view and answered the questions I had. They even gave me a follow up call. I did not see anything wrong with the facility, staff, or atmosphere.

Needs lots of work!!

I was a little disappointed in how well this community was maintained. It was almost like the staff and property managers where just letting the place go down the hill. The carpet was in horrible shape and the paint on the walls was chipping away. It seemed a lot of maintenance worked needed to be completed as well that was being ignored. It was just not a place I would want my mother to live.

Bedroom I saw was a good size. of the 3 places I visited, it was the least clean, but not to an alarming degree. The staff was very polite and friendly.

My Sister is Doing Good At the Community

My sister is doing well here at this community. Everything has worked well with her move to this community. They have helped her settle into the community very well. I know she safe and being cared for well. They have been great to work with, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us.

It seems to be going pretty good for my mom. Not much is wrong from my brother's view. My mom has complained about the organization for her bathing. Once she buzzed for help and it took a long time for a staff to help her. My brother believes that it is a wonderful place. I think the staff are trying the best to help get my mom comfortable. Overall, it seems like a decent community and we like it.

smells bad

The place smelled really bad, very strong nursing home smell. Staff was friendly. Avtivities room was under construction, Computer was not working, was told there was a new one just not set up. Didn't look like things were maintained really well.

Suggestions for Brookdale

Would like to see arts and crafts and more music and live entertainment. social hours should include wine and beer sometimes. The residents are too sedentary. Need more activities to keep them interstellar, interactive, and awake.

We liked the location and the feel of the place. It didn't smell, and the memory care unit was small, which I liked. Mom might not be ready for that yet, but it will be there when she does. We liked the staff we met and the office manager. Everyone was very down to earth. And we can afford it, with some work, so it ticks most of the boxes. Have a feeling mom will not like the setting (not a house). We'll keep looking, but best so far.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Brookdale Melbourne. They've worked well with my loved one, and she is settling in well. The facility itself is well kept and clean. My only issue is that communication with them can be pretty poor, their answering service could use some work.

Loved one new to facility but has been good experience and good choice so far.
Friendly staff and clean facility

Seemed like a nice place

We visited this community while we were looking into senior living for a loved one. This community was very clean. The staff was friendly. The residents were happy. The enviroment was very pleasant, I would feel great about my mom being here. They answered all the questions I had.

I would feel great about my mom being here.

This community was very clean. The staff was friendly. The residents were happy. The environment was very pleasant, I would feel great about my mom being here. They answered all the questions I had.

My mom and dad moved in during August, 2012. They were welcomed and allowed to stay together as they had been married 70 years. My dad was under hospice care and other facilities wanted him admitted to a skilled nursing and my mom in assisted living. We, along with Emeritus staff, agreed that they must stay together. Emeritus staff helped and supported their lives together and we were able to have two more wonderful months with my mom and dad together and surrounded by family.

In general, it would be nice to have someone in place that does dialogues with the residents families that do not live in town. That way you could get some feedback on how they are doing. We don't get a weekly report, which would nice, other than always calling and following up. If you don't follow up, things get lost, but I'm hoping this is because of the transition period. I think it's a very nice place but since Brookdale took over, I think it's still working out kinks because accounting is messed up right now, too.

Incredibly Slow Restaurant Service

My relative has been a resident for several months and still trying to determine if she will stay. The wait for meal service in the dining room will be 30-45 minutes for each meal, and I can't for the life of me figure out why the staff in the restaurant can't pick up the pace.

I'm very, very happy with it.

I'm very, very happy with it. It's very clean, and the staff is very friendly, and they are very helpful. They are very excellent with communication, and staying on top of any concerns. There are plenty of activities, there can always be more, but they have plenty. We chose them because they were very willing to discuss everything with me, they seemed to go above and beyond to help us make sure this would work for us.

Found the place to be nice ...

Found the place to be nice and lots of life, loved the Memory Care best, as the Director there seems to be very well suited for her position, and staff is more than alert to the care of the residents. Also, they seem to have lots of things to keep residents from sliding back.

Nice place with friendly staff, simply understaffed.

My mother is blind and still has some problems when the staff forgets to take her back to her room after eating or attending an activity. The staff is very friendly and helpful, but I believe they need to hire more employees. When I call, I sometimes wait 10 minutes for someone to answer and at times 20 more minutes before my mom is brought to the phone. They do laundry and clean the rooms as part of the monthly charge. Many of the residents complain about the bland repetitive meals, although each meal offers choices. There is not anything so negative that would make my mom want to move. She is getting physical and occupational therapy . The one floor building is nice for my mom. Many activities are planned but due to her blindness, my mom has trouble participating. Emeritus also has a happy hour on Fridays and encourages families to participate in all activities. You may visit any time.

Emeritus of Melbourne is a ...

Emeritus of Melbourne is a beautiful campus with lots of Oaks and shade. The community is very nice, with a large, open dining room that opens to the lovely courtyard. The rooms are nicely sized and the staff is very friendly. The residents seem very happy. The memory care unit did have a lingering odor, but the residents seemed well cared for. We chose another community for my mom, but I would recommend a tour and consideration for Emeritus. We previewed 6 different communities and Emeritus was definitely a consideration. Jill (their Exec Director) is a wonderful lady, very friendly and patient. She was happy to assist several residents with anything they needed.

Emeritus

My Mother is staying at Emeritus and seems quite happy. Everyone is extremely friendly and I feel like she is getting good care. She likes the food very well. They have a nice courtyard to sit outside.

Nice place overall

I think generally they do a good job here. It's a nice enough looking place, the staff are friendly, and they do a good job of keeping things clean. They do have a few areas I think they could work on, however. I think the nursing care staff could be more attentive. My loved one also complains about the food on a regular basis.

I liked this place very muc...

I liked this place very much. It seemed a perfect fit for my Mom. I liked that it was one floor, so she does not have to use elevators. It was clean and attractive and more on a smaller scale. I am in the process of having my Mom live there.

Communication Problems

That was interesting. The woman that I was supposed to interview with, she saw me sitting there in the main lobby and she walked into the other office with two woman and they sat down and chatted for a long time. When she finally came out of the office she addressed someone else. I left, and she came running after me, but I wouldn't want my mother there. They have definite communication problems.

Friendly Staff

That was real nice, but the price was better at the Sterling House; they were able to work with us more. The staff at Emeritus was so friendly. This girl was busy doing paperwork, and dropped everything to show us around. We went on a day that it was raining, so it made the whole building have an overcast look. My mother likes to take baths, so they showed us the spa area that she could do that, but I thought it looked more like a storage unit.

Very desirable. Treatment o...

Very desirable. Treatment of Medicaid benefits pose some financial challenges up front.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at a Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system