We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
About Century Oaks - Melbourne, FL
Century Oaks is located in Melbourne, FL. Just south of Orlando. It is a small-town community known for its art and history.
- Population: The population count of Melbourne is around 81,000 people. The average age of the residents in town is around 43 years old.
- Walkability: The walk score for the town is only a 30. Getting around in the town center on foot is easy, but other errands are going to need a car.
- Senior Facilities: There are many senior facilities and services in this area.
- Weather: The weather in this area is beautiful most of the year. In summer it can be humid with temps in the 80's and 90's. The winter season brings averages of around 50's. Because of its coastal location, winds and hurricane warnings are fairly common.
Melbourne offers several outdoor activities, art galleries, and water activities. It is a quiet beach town with many amenities.
Residents can use the transportation services provided by Century Oaks or the many options that Melbourne offers. The town has a bus system provided by Space Coast Area Transit. There are multiple stops in Melbourne, and seniors can apply for a reduced fee card. Some other area options are:
- Black Diamond Express Taxi and Shuttle: taxi cab and shuttle rides in and out of town.
- Melbourne Shuttle & Taxi: taxi and shuttle service in and out of town.
- Executive Limo Service: limousine rentals.
Amtrak train stations can be found in nearby towns of Kissimmee and Orlando. Tickets are offered at discount rates for seniors.
Residents looking to get established with an in-town primary care provider have many options. There are also medical centers for emergency situations should they arise.
- Health First Holmes Regional Medical Center: full acute care hospital and a network of specialists for urgent and routine care.
- Wuesthoff Medical Center-Melbourne: a full network of primary care and specialist providers for urgent and routine care.
- Medfast Urgent Care: a walk-in clinic for urgent matters.
Sports & Leisure
Melbourne has a great center for activities and wellness. Wickham Park Senior Center has programs in place to promote active lifestyles for senior residents in the community. They offer a daily list of activities from exercise to card games. They also offer wellness screenings as well.
- Golf courses: The area offers several options for golf courses both private and public. The City maintains two golf courses in town. Some of the top public courses in the area are:
- Duran Golf Club: "Voted Best Public Course" Challenging course, beautifully maintained. Restaurant on site.
- Mallards Landing Golf Club: championship layout maintained by the City of Melbourne.
- Bay Tree National Golf Links: On the list of Golf Digest's best places to play in Florida and has won many other awards.
- Crane Creek Reserve: a popular course designed by Donald Ross. Maintained by the City of Melbourne.
There are many tennis courts in the area for all skill levels. Residents just starting out can take lessons.
- Jimmy Moore Tennis Courts: Eight lit tennis courts available. Seniors 65 and older get a discount for annual membership.
- Kiwi Tennis Court: 13 courts, nine are clay. Restaurant on site.
- Suntree Country Club: beautiful golf course and tennis courts available.
- Aquarina Tennis Club: 6 courts available for all skill levels.
There are some really exciting things to do in and around Melbourne. Some of the top favorites of the locals are:
- Paddling Paradise: Outdoor water sports store. Kayak rentals are available to explore the warm waters.
- Wickham Park: Large recreation park with a campground, trails, and other activities.
There are many stores for shopping in the Melbourne area. Popular stores can be found as well as interesting beach shops. Some of the best places are:
- Melbourne Square Mall: popular stores and restaurants.
- Indian River Antique Mall: antiques for sale.
- Melbourne Shopping Center: large mall with a collection of popular stores and restaurants.
Lunch and snacks can be found in the area at the typical chain restaurants. Sonic, Chik Fil A, and Popeye's are just a few. Residents who wish to have a family dinner can choose from many options.
- The Mansion: A stunning Victorian home casual restaurant serving American favorites and an Italian Deli.
- Chart House: upscale chain of seafood restaurants.
- Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen: family restaurant serving comfort food.
- Oh Bisquit: breakfast and lunch dishes are served.
There are several options for entertainment in Melbourne. There are four movie theatres near Century Oaks from which residents can choose.
- Cinemaworld: cinema showing the latest blockbusters and live events.
- Premier Theatre: theatre showing the latest releases.
- AMC West: typical AMC theatre with comfortable seats, giant screens, now serving cocktails.
- AMC Avenue 16: AMC theater with giant screens, now serving cocktails.
Some of the other favorite entertainment options of the area are:
- Brevard Zoo Linear Park: a 75-acre zoo with over 650 animals.
- Andretti Thrill Park Go Karts, rides, family fun.
- Melbourne Civic Theatre: community theatre with amazing live performances.
- Liberty Bell Memorial Museum: a replica of the Liberty Bell on site. Free admission.
There are several options for religious services in the area. Some of the churches closest to Century Oaks are:
- First Baptist Church of Melbourne
- Riviera United Church of Christ
- St. Joseph's Catholic Church
Melbourne is a truly delightful town with beautiful beaches and plenty of activities to keep life enriched.