Brookdale West Melbourne AL - West Melbourne, FL

Brookdale West Melbourne AL - West Melbourne, FL has yet not published prices.

This is a nice facility, but with construction, not so clean right now. Very kind staff!

NOT PLEASED

They are NOT what they portray themselves to be! Proceed with caution and SPEAK UP!

Warm and Homey

My dad is still getting acclimated at The Brookdale West Melbourne. One of the main reasons I chose this place for dad is that it has a warm and homey atmosphere. It is very clean and well-kept and the friendly staff is very attentive and caring. Right now my dad is not eating solid foods but the food smells really good. They have a ton of activities which the staff tries to engage my dad to participate. They have a nice internal patio and seating available for the residents to enjoy the fresh air and a perfect place when we bring my dad's dog to visit him.

Kind Tour

Great Tour. Everyone was Very Kind, and Helpful

Top choice!!

Out of all the different communities I had looked at for my mother I have to say this was one of our top choices. I have made the deposit and my mom will be set to move in here sometime in the near future. They have a great memory care unit that I was very impressed with and had a very safe security system. I think this will be the perfect for her and am excited to see what the future has in store for her.

Nice place, overall

Overall we're pleased with how things have turned out at Brookdale West Melbourne! In general the place seems clean and well kept, and the staff I have spoke to have all been friendly and professional. We're satisfied with our choice!

courtyard area needs to be cleaned

They have a courtyard area and the smoker that is there keeps cups and napkins in the area and it is not clean when people go out there. She is allowed to smoke there but they should keep the area cleaner.

Would not recommend

The food is very poor. A lot of the residents should be in memory care and not in assisted living. The fact that it is a lock down facility they are limited on going outside. The activities are not well scheduled. The responsiveness of the administration is poor. I would not recommend this facility. Other than that, the facility itself is very clean and that staff is friendly and nice. I just think they need some improvements.

I highly recommend families not to take their loved ones to this community.

Mom did not get the exercise that she needed. They did not verify mom's insurance at time of sign up. Mom was only assisted twice with bathing in a week's time. A family friend bathed mom at the community. I highly recommend families not to take their loved ones to this community. Mom had doctor's orders that the community did not follow up with. Community did not clean mom's room for a week of respite and mom's bed was not made. The basic services and meal requested were not fulfilled.

A nice, secure place to live

Very comfortable with mom living there. She did not want to lose her independence, but after arriving and settling in, is very happy. We thought that it would be hard for her to adjust and she would be miserable, but she has begun to establish relationships with the staff and other residents. The food they serve is very good, she had gained three pounds in the first week. (which she needed) We have an excellent relationship with their staff, they are patient with all of us since it is a lot to take in at first. We are notified quickly in the event of issues, and problems are resolved quickly. We highly recommend Sterling House.

I looked at 9 Assisted Living facilities for my Mother in the Melbourne FL area. I was quite impressed with them all and we could afford them all, so I had to be picky when deciding on the best one for my Mother. Sterling House has exceptional food for seniors. I was most impressed how the staff works so well together and they pitch in to help no matter weather it's their job or not. I liked how secure it is - family and guests do not get the door combo yet the staff will readily get the front door when guests arrive or depart. The rooms are a nice size. I like that this facility is on one floor and has a wonderful outside tropical oasis with a large screened in porch. I actually stayed in my Mother's room for 2 weeks when she moved in - I got closely acquainted with the routine and staff. Nothing was hidden from me. I saw all shifts and all those folks felt like instant family. I ate 3 meals a day there and loved them. Great coffee too. My Mother came with no household goods so the facility let her borrow a bedroom and living room set, sheets, comforter, towels, tv... until I was able to get her her own. Very sweet of them.

extremely pleased

We are extremely pleased with Sterling House of West Melbourne. Their staff is very personable, and get to know everybody by name. When mom first got there they took a lot of time to welcome her and make sure she felt at home. It's a smaller place than some of the other places we have checked out, which means she gets a little more personal care. This was our first experience with a place like this and they have made it a very good one.

Could be better

The wasn’t very good here. The cleanliness was not very good at all. It needs to be refurbished, to be repainted and to get new carpet. The activities were not very good. The parking was okay. My loved liked her new community better.

See reviews, photos, and pricing for Brookdale West Melbourne AL - West Melbourne, FL. Call (866) 396-3202 for more info.