Grand Villa of Melbourne - Melbourne, FL

No longer "Grand"

Our mom was one of the first residence at Grand Villa. She loved it there for many years and really enjoyed being involved in the activities there. However, the care and services at Grand Villa has deteriorated over the past 2 years so much so that my mom asked that she be moved some place else. We tried to resolve issues with the Nursing Supervisor and Director on numerous occasions but did not get really anywhere with them. There is a lot of staff turnover there now also which does not go over very well with many elderly individuals. Very sad to see a place that started out so "Grand" become a place that seems not to take care of their residents as well as they should be taken care of.

Clint Dockery

Thank you so much for choosing Grand Villa of Melbourne to be your Mother's home over the past 8 years. We regret that we were not able to continue to care for your mother as her aging process progressed.
We wish your Mother continual good health, and we are grateful for the time we were able to have her as part of our Grand Villa Family.

Executive Director, Grand Villa of Melbourne

Great place, but not a good fit for dad, because they don't offer skilled nursing level care. However, I would recommend this place. Administrator/sales team extremely helpful!

Really enjoyed my visit. I was expected and welcomed when I arrived for the tour. I felt this establishment really values their reaidents and takes pride in their Committment to them. I left feeling that all of my questions were answered.

Options for mom

This was a nice tour for the care for my mom. We liked the staff and the environment of this community. The environment was nice and the menu is appealing. The activities would have been good for my mom to participate and stay active. We wanted something with a small layout. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Transitioning well

My Uncle is doing really well here the staff are friendly and care about their residents, The community is very nice and he has a very nice room that he shares with a roommate. My uncle enjoys being apart of the activities and the special events they have. He enjoys going to the dining room likes the food and visiting with the other residents, I would definitely recommend a tour of this community.

Beautiful

I really liked the Grand Villa of Melbourne. The staff was very friendly and they gave a nice tour of their facility. It was very clean. My dad would not have liked it because he would think he was on a cruise ship. Lots of activities going on, beautiful, fun, community.

Good Move For My Parents

My parents are doing well since their move to this community. I do know they are safe, and in good hands. They have a very friendly staff, and they have been helpful when needed. They do a good job with the cleanliness. Their room, and the community are neat, and tidy when I visit. They provide nice meals for the residents. I do feel satisfied with their move to this community, and I would recommend it.

Still waiting for action

I already met with [Removed], the Executive Director on June 12 and was assured that these simple requests would be fulfilled:
1. Post a weekly meal menu either online or at the facility
2. Place a bench at the outside entry so that the elderly residents and visitors can sit while waiting for someone to open the door

As of July 28, neither request has been met.
While these are no where near my concern for my dad's care, they have also been forgotten or ignored.

Kathy,

Since our meeting, we have kept a copy of a weekly menu at the nursing station desk. As I mentioned when we spoke, I would make sure a weekly menu is kept at the nursing station and all you have to do is ask a staff member to see it as it is kept in a binder along with the seating arrangements for each dining room. With regards to the bench outside memory care community entrance; I will re-address this with our renovation team and decorators as that is done by their discretion. Our goal is to not have anyone waiting an extended period of time to enter our memory care community. We have a receptionist at the entry door 7 days a week and the only times there could possibly be a wait is when you come after regular business hours. I have provided you with my personal cell phone number and encourage you to feel free to call me with any concerns or problems that you may have at any given time.

Executive Director

Grand Villa of Melbourne

Improvements Needed Overall

I will say there is room for improvements in this community. I do have many concerns regarding my fathers care. They have been going through a lot of administration changes, and that is concerning to me. They say they can not force anybody to eat. My father stays in his room all day, and misses most of the meals. The meals could use some improvements, but I would like to see them be more encouraging. The staff for the most part are kind, and friendly overall, but I do feel they are understaffed. Unfortunately I can not recommend this community at this time. Until they make some changes.

Clint Dockery

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Currently, our ratio of staff to Residents exceeds State of Florida requirements. We pride ourselves in the level of care and conscientiousness our staff holds in tending to our Residents’ individual needs.
We also pride ourselves on having a very active & diverse Activities Calendar for both Assisted Living and Memory Care Residents. However, we do not force our residents to participate in anything. We do encourage participation, and everyone is welcome at the daily activities. We believe giving our Residents this level of freedom in choice gives them a sense of independence that they may not have elsewhere.
Please feel free to come to me with any other concerns you may have. We encourage an open door policy, and want to hear when it’s believed improvements can be made.

Executive Director, Grand Villa of Melbourne

It Was A Difficult Experience

Everything is okay for now. In the beginning they gave an assessment that allowed us to move in. When we got him to the community they were unable to provide services based on the hospital report. We had some issues like they were not keeping the room clean, I found some old food. Once his medication was not given for a day because the cap fell off and no one tried to look for it. I had a call from my father-in-law instead about the missing cap. Another time, a resident walked into his room to take a nap and thought it was her room. For the money we are paying we are not getting the value from their services.

Close to me!

When I toured, I liked the Grand Villas memory care a lot. It is about 30 seconds from my office so I could have lunch with my mother every day!

Very nice facility!!

The facility was very nice and well maintained with great amenities for the residents throughout the property. I was impressed with how well they kept it clean and how new everything looked. I was offered a delicious meal which I thought was neat and had a nice tour guide named [Removed] who was pleasant to work with. Great experience overall with no complaints.

apartment suite in the memory care building had a Bedroom that was a good size. All the latest technology to help residents with dementia. Very clean, friendly staff.

Very nice. Residents seemed very happy. Appeared to have a good atmosphere. Staff very visible and supportive of residents.

Need To Find A Better Match

I feel the care given is suitable here. The staff prepare and make good meals. It is well kept all over the facility. They are happy here and has even made a friend. Recently we discovered the facility does not have some permits to provide necessary medical needs. At times I had to insist resolutions to some problems. Now we have to find a more suitable community for the right medical attention.

Tour With A Friend

I was able to take a tour with my friend. We thought the facility looked lovely and had all the was needed for care. We were shown everything there was to be offered. It was a fine tour but my friend preferred to be in her own home.

We have been very impressed so far.

We have toured Grand Villa a couple of times now. We have been very impressed so far. Everyone is so upbeat and friendly, the waitstaff, the office staff, the caregivers, everyone. They had a very nice concert we attended and had a lot of fun at. We like it a lot so far.

Review of Grand Villa of Melbourne - Melbourne, FL

Superior Facility with the most updated programs for Memory Care Patients. Everyone is trained for Level 2 Dementia. We put a deposit down for my mother once she leaves rehab from a fall.

Professional, caring management and staff

I had to make a decision four years ago to find an ALF for my mother. When I walked in to Grand Villa I immediately felt like I could live here and the decision was made to move my mother here. That was almost four years ago. Every day since my decision was reinforced by the wonderful care she received from the entire staff. There is little turnover in management. They are very professional and know just what to do all the time. Every department in this facility is well run. In the end it comes down to the people the residents will be in contact with and the RA's (resident attendants), dining staffs, support people, and management here care about the residents and know them personally. I strongly recommend Grand Villa

very pleased

I am very pleased with Grand Villa of Melbourne. They are treating my mom pretty good. They do a good job over there. It has been a good experience. I have no complaints.

Very nice place!

We've had a great experience with Grand Villa of Melbourne so far! The facility itself is beautiful, comfortable, and clean. Everyone here has been very friendly, and they have a lot to offer the residents! They've got a wonderful activities team, there's always something going on to keep everyone active and entertained!

My husband and I visited th...

My husband and I visited the community today to preview it as a potential place for my mother. I was really impressed with the facility and the staff. Gwyn gave us a complete tour, introduced us to staff, told us about expansion plans and answered all of our questions. We visited the dining room and observed the food and service. I asked a table of nice ladies how the food is and they all commented that it is delicious. The food looked good and very well prepared. The residents really seemed happy and content. I have read the reviews and all of the recent reviews are very positive. Gwyn told us that they had a change in Exec. Directors early on and it seems that the negative reviews were from that transitional period. I was very pleasantly surprised at the facility, the activities and the whole atmosphere and I really like that they don't segregate residents based on their care needs. This community might just be the perfect fit for mom.

from the minute i walked in the door ...

from the minute i walked in the door i knew i was home

I don't believe this is an ...

I don't believe this is an Independent Living facility. She was very helpful in several ways but it's not the place for us at this time.

Friendly staff, and good food

Overall they've done a great job here. It's a nice looking place, very clean, and the staff are all very friendly. One thing I like is that the staff all specialize in their specific tasks. They have a permanent kitchen and dining staff, and the aides always function as aides. The food is here is very good. I've tried it a few times myself and it is always high quality!

Too much concrete and aspha...

Too much concrete and asphalt. Do not believe we would be interested in this facility.

At Grand Villa of Melbourne Senior Living Community we offer a choice of lifestyles based upon your individual needs. We provide Independent, Assisted Living, Personal Care, Short-term/Respite Care and a Senior Day and Overnight Program. Whatever lifestyle you choose, you are assured of our most important commitment: providing quality care with respect and compassion in a home-like atmosphere. The Short-term/Respite Program and Senior Day and Overnight Program at Grand Villa of Melbourne Senior Living community have been designed with caregivers in mind, enabling them to enjoy vacationing, shopping, handling emergencies or just rejuvenating while a loved one is cared for in a home-like environment. Our Short-term/Respite and Senior Day and Overnight Programs are available 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. Providing a structured, fun, active day within a home-like atmosphere is always the priority. Our 24-hour staff is here to provide you with the support you expect and the care you deserve. Our service packages includes medication assistance, prescription ordering, bathing assistance, 3 delicious meals daily, arrangements and transportation for local medical appointments, shopping, banking and activities. We also include apartment housekeeping, daily activities and social programs, complimentary notary and fax services, and much, much more.
Small pets are always welcome!

At Grand Villa of Melbourne Senior Living Community we provide a wide variety of activities and social programs to stimulate the minds and bodies of our residents. Such activities include computer classes, trivia, entertainment, music, church services, library club, monthly birthday parties and much more. We aim to meet everyone's needs providing an opportunity for companionship yet all the privacy you may desire.

We are here for you when you need us, offering a full range of services. Our family values and standards of excellence prove that Grand Villa of Melbourne Senior Living Community is your best choice for senior living. Why don't you stop by today for a tour of our premier community? Our caring and experienced staff is here to answer any questions you may have. Come and see how seniors get the most out of life!