Glen Park at Glendale - Glendale, CA

Residents : First priority.

This is a wonderful community to live in. Residents are treated with respect. Staffs go above and beyond to make sure that residents are comfortable and their needs are met. I am proud to be working for a place where the residents are the first priority.

Highly reccomended

I like living here very much. The staffs have a lot of experience. I love the Activity Director [Removed]. She keeps me busy and occupied with different activities that I enjoy and love. The food is good. They offer a lot of variety. I recommend anyone to live in my community.

Awesome community!

I love living here. Everyone is very nice to me. I have friends that I could spend time with. We do a lot of activities that I really like because they always ask me what I like to do. My family is always welcome to visit any time of the day. I enjoy being in my room because it is clean and comfortable. I love sewing, coloring, arts and crafts and my daily exercise which is dancing. If any one needs a home, go to Glen Park Boynton. You will not regret it.

Fantastic facility!

Fantastic community to live in! The residents are treated with dignity and respect. Staffs genuinely care for their residents. Daily activities of all different kinds are offered to the residents. Activities are offered individually which gives more focus to what they really can do and wants to do. Families are encouraged to visit their family members. The atmosphere is homelike; warm and cozy.

Mom is in good hands!

My mom has been a resident for 4 years and she has been
very happy at Glen Park. Everyone is courteous and professional, but most important, everyone is very kind and patient. We feel fortunate that she is so well cared for. Whenever we come by to visit, her room is immaculate and she is well groomed and happy.

Special care and comfort

We really like this community for care. My wife was happy with the staff who were willing to work with her special needs. The community was clean and she liked the menu of the healthy meals. The activities were offered for her to try and participate. We would recommend that other families see the care and the good options that are available.

It Was Nice Seeing The Community

I felt that this was a very nice community and the tour was a good one. Everything went well. I had seen a clean place but after getting the amount for living here, it was not a fit.

Things could be better.

Something has changed since 2015.
I believe they are under staffed and moral has been disappointing. Unless you have one on one you will find it difficult to get help when needed.
Dr. on call seemed too busy and unfriendly.
Good help leaves after a while as it is not a good environment to work in when they learn what is not working as it should and can't continue under the conditions and orders in place.
New administer cares alot and hope she doesn't get discouraged in her job or gives up trying to see things improve.

Glen Park at Boynton is a Solid Choice

The rooms at Glen Park at Boynton are very neat and clean, each having a sliding glass door which opens to a large, shared patio area. Rooms have wall air conditioning units, a must in LA where it's seemingly 90 degrees nine months out of the year. The staff comes in daily to vacuum, make the bed and clean the bathroom.

The dining room is very spacious and is located next to a lounge which features a large flat screen TV with several big lounge chairs. When I was there during dinner, the staff was wiping down all the vacated chairs in the lounge. They do a good job of keeping the place clean.

Staff is very polite; I haven't run into any employees or nurses with bad attitudes.

I'm told the food is fairly good though, like other places, the portions are rather small.

The only negative is the non-existent street parking, with the facility located on a very narrow street in Glendale with lots of apartment buildings. Guests can park in the facility's underground structure, but you have to call to have the staff open the parking gate both coming and going.

Very nice community

Things have gone very well with Glen Park East so far. It's a nice looking place, very clean and well kept. They've got a great staff here as well. The care staff are friendly, caring, and professional, and the administration have all been very responsive and easy to work with.

Nice bright and friendly at...

Nice bright and friendly atmosphere. Well maintained, clean and residents seemed happy. Lots of activity and varying levels of care. Several outdoor patios for the residents and guests to enjoy.

Too far from residence, wou...

Too far from residence, would like to be in Altadena/Pasadena/San Gabriel area. Also, same non-accessable management and inadequate staffing as Singing Oaks - the very reason we are seeking a change

Not sure which one was visi...

He loved the convenience and facility in general. Glendale may be too 'hot' a location for M. She is used to ocean breezes.

Park next door. Not ideal neighborho...

Park next door. Not ideal neighborhood. Clean, lots of indoor walking area, big multi-purpose room, good activity director. Front door unlocked at times, someone at reception desk with cameras, yard not ideal but lots of indoor walking room.

For an "institutional" type place spe...

For an "institutional" type place specializing in dementia and alzheimer's patients, I found them to be very good. I still think my mom will do better in a smaller (6 patients) home setting though. But I feel these guys know what they're doing and were very clean, attentive, caring, etc. It's a family owned place.

Since 1968, Glen Park has been committed to helping seniors live a life full of individuality and purpose by providing Assisted Living services and caring for those with memory impairments relating to Alzheimer’s and Dementia.