No Place Like Home For Golden Ages - Glendale, CA

Amazing!

We looked into quite a few Board and Care facilities for my mother in law and after seeing a huge range that spanned from "ok" to "Yikes!", this was the first place where we immediately felt comfortable. From the moment we walked in the house felt different and like a place we would actually enjoy spending time (which we have!). They were incredibly welcoming and reassuring and worked with us in every way to help make the transition as easy as possible. Since the move in,[Removed] have gone out of their way to meet our needs and in some cases gone far above and beyond what we would have expected.

Their staff is incredible and the care has been fantastic. Since we live nearby, we visit almost every day and without fail, the house smells clean (but not like bleach or chemicals), the windows are open to let in a nice breeze and the staff is lovingly caring for the residents. They cook fresh food, for the residents and even offer it to us when they see that we've had a long day. They truly seem to care for them as if they were family.

I absolutely recommend this property to others. There is no way around the fact that putting a loved one in a long term care facility is difficult but from what I've seen, this is as good as it gets and any family would be lucky to have their loved one find a home here.

Put your mind at ease

this is a first time experience for putting Mom in a place other than home.
Staff, administrator and fellow "guests" have all been have all been exceptionally nice.
the only reason activities are rated below great, is Mom has been encumbered with a cast and unable to participate in therapy and any other activities.
At this point in Her stay, could not ask for a better place!!

Amazing meals!

This place is really great! The facility is very clean and the staff are very nice and very personable. My mom is also very pleased with the food, and the cooks are willing to work with her dietary needs, since she is on a low sodium diet. Overall, we are very pleased!

The Home Provides Great Quality

Everything is excellent for my sister-in-law and we are so pleased with the staff and management. The meals are good and they cater to her needs. The intake interview was wonderful and to make sure she gets what she likes. The caretaker has given high marks for everything in the home. It is very quiet and peaceful. The home has a nice porch and you can see residents sitting out in the front if the weather permits. It has been going beautifully for her.

Highly recommended!!

We couldn't be more pleased.
My buddy and i are fairly new at this so we had a lot of questions to ask. We walked in and we both looked at each other and stopped. Look at each other again and said "this is it" . We met with the administrator asked all of our questions and were ready for the move. She answered all of our questions and some. The care givers all had a smile on their face and were very nice. Spoke with some of the residents who have been staying there for quite some time now and they highly recommend. They couldn't stop talking about how great the place is and how lovely the staff is. Moving my mom in next week!!
Thank you NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!

One of the best facilities in Glendale!!

Extremely pleased!!!
We looked everywhere from Eagle Rock to LA!! Finally found this gorgeous home which is spacious and extremely clean!! Care givers are amazing and are ready to help with anything you ask for. Emma the owner is a sweetheart. She took her time to listen to every single question we had and answers them thoroughly. As I walked in I already knew this was the place for my mother. This facility even takes preference on food. Not a lot of places do. They don't rush with anything. Take their time and focus on each resident individually. Emma also worked around our budget which was a relief. Being in a beautiful home like this is honestly a blessing. Thank you NO PLACE LIKE HOME!! Highly recommended for ALL families to tour and meet Emma and her wonderful staff.

Liked the cleanness of the facility. Also liked the month to month contract with a 30 day notice to leave. We talked with one resident that really enjoyed being there. No activity at either residence today but was told about activities. We enjoyed talking with [Removed].

Couldn't be more pleased

Brought my old buddy over here a few weeks ago. I had to take over complete care of his life a few years ago, as he has no extended family to help. He was in a large/nice facility for almost 3 years, but his "assisted care" slipped into the category of now needing "full time" care. Found No Place Like Home for Golden Ages as a referral from "A Place for Mom." [Removed] did such a great job in steering me here, as it's much closer to my home than the other facility.
Well, my 88 year old bud has fit right in. The caregivers Anat, Jenny and Clarice are outstanding. Emma, who runs the place (it was her family home growing up) is beyond wonderful. She even got my buddy some needed physical therapy, to work on his tucked up legs. I could not be happier that he's there. Food's great, place is clean as a proverbial whistle, smells like a home, not a "facility." So pleased Bonnie steered me here!

I liked both of the homes that Emma showed me and would be happy to have my mother living in either of them. They're pricier than others I've seen, but very nice. Light and airy rooms, spacious, clean, and the residents seem happy there.

Best Assisted Living in Glendale CA!

We toured many many homes in Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank and La Cresenta... The moment we walked in to No Place Like Home my husband and I both knew this was the place for our aunt!!!! This home is breath taking, the rooms are extremely clean and the care givers are so welcoming and friendly. The administrator is full of so much warmth and heart. We moved my aunt here right away. We didn't even look for anything else after we walked in this beautiful home. I'm thankful we found s caring facility because we don't live here we live in Oregon so tog so. Someone's trust right away is a pure blessing. Our aunt has been staying at No place like home for three months now and she doesn't want to move back home because she says this is her new home. She loves the food she also raves about the entertainment they have every month for their residents! Thank you NO PLACE LIKE HOME! Our aunt couldn't be happier.

I was extremely happy with No Place Like Home For Golden Ages. It was a very good move for dad. The only thing I would have them improve on is going over what happens when the person dies as far as rent, etc. But we did get that issue resolved. I am just really happy with the experience we had here.

Well they are very friendly, very professional, and very easy to work with.

I will start by saying No Place Like Home for Golden Ages is the very best facility we chose for my Uncle John. We had admitted him last year in May 2014 and he had stayed at this facility for six months. He then decided to go back to rehab for therapy even though the staff would walk him six days out of the week for an hour to get his exercise. Once we moved him less than a week he wanted to move back to this facility because he stated it was the best facility he had ever stayed. Unfortunately the facility was full for quite some time. Eventually the administrator called me once they had an opening and we moved John back within that same week. I will rate this place a six star if I had a choice because their services are indeed one of the best for an Assisted Living facility. Staff of great! Friendly! Food is fabulous and they take preference upon each resident! Not a lot of small facilities do. The care and how clean the facility is is just outstanding! I'm about to move my mother in here as well because her dementia is getting worse. I'm truly happy and thankful we found such caring and loving facility. When I get older this is one of my top choices I would want to be placed! Thank you No Place Like Home for all that you and your staff have done.

There is "No Place Like Home"

We relocated our mother to No Place Like Home For Golden Ages after a dreadful experience at Glendale Golden Ages. Although it was quite a bit higher than we had been paying we don't regreat a penny spent. Emma's caregivers are caring and well suited for the job. Mom became comfortable more quickly than we anticipated and was especially fond of one caregiver in particular. She would barely eat and was losing weight when she came there. They made her food she liked and was able to eat. This was one of the things we were especially looking for. They helped us with available services and told us about ones we weren't aware of. When it was time they explained hospice to us. We had a different understanding of it, and told us hospice could provide mom additional care they weren't permitted to give. One morning before 7am our mother passed away in beautiful surroundings with people who truly cared about her. They gave her the care we weren't able to and she passed away "at home" not a sterile nursing home.

We really are in good hands!

We moved in our friend into this beautiful home four months ago and he is still there. From the moment we walked into this facility it was like a breath of fresh air. I had other options and Looked around but once I walked into this facility I knew this was it. The staff is great, friendly, welcoming. The facilty is super clean, smells like home made cookies. My friend Bob calls it his home. Every time my partner and I go visit him he has nothing but a huge smile on his face. Thank you NO PLACE LIKE HOME FOR GOLDEN AGES! We couldn't be happier.

You're in good hands! No Place Like Home for Golden Ages is a licensed privately owned residential care facility for the elderly. Our goal is to provide a positive setting with an emphasis on quality of life, activity and socialization.

No Place Like Home For Golden Ages will be a smooth lifestyle. We provide 24 hour Assisted
Living elder care for people who require more help with daily living than their families can provide. Our caring staff provides personalized attention to each individual with dressing, bathing, grooming to medication supervision, diabetic and incontinence management. We also care for Dementia residents. Our home is equipped with ramps, buzzer systems on every door exit, fenced outdoor pool. Central air conditioning and heating and more. We provide transportation as well. We accommodate to six residents. Private and shared rooms, with comfortable furnishing.

It's good to know that if you ever need help with day-to-day activities, we can deliver assistance. Elderly care and support services are available in our beautiful home.