Gettysburg Christian Home - Fresno, CA

Nice residential care home

My sister is doing very well here and I like the home setting with only 18 residents. They keep my sister busy during the day and she has a very nice room that she does share with another resident. They offer a good choice of home cooked meals and the staff are friendly and take very good care of their residents. I would recommend scheduling a tour if you're looking for a home setting.

Nice tour

when I toured the place was clean and very well maintained. Everyone there was very friendly and welcoming. The thing was that it did not seem like my mother would fit in with the people there, and it did not have a secured memory Unit.
Other than that I would recommend this place to anyone looking.

A tour for care

I toured this community for the care for my mother's needs. They community did not have the feeling that I was looking for. This community was clean. We did not like that my mom would have had to share areas in her room. The do offer activities for the residents to participate if they want. I recommend families to tour this community.

Down home food

The great food here is really good actually. I felt like this was a great place as soon as we got here.

Friendly and Hospitable

They were very friendly and hospitable. They took us on a tour and they have done everything they can in order to make my loved one feel comfortable. The other residents have been friendly and welcoming and trying to include her in different things and having her participate. It has been a very positive experience.

Not a nursing home!!!

I was giving up on finding a nursing home in Fresno for my mom.
She was acting really bad at another nursing facility and I didn't know what to do. They told me she needed a place that specializes in dementia. They just wanted her out. The places they suggested were terrible. I finally did call " a place for Mom" but I didn't think they could help me! They said it sounded like my mom needed more one on one care.
When they called me back they suggested a residential care home
that my mom was able to afford
and gave me some numbers to call.
I went to 3 homes. (Anymore than that gets really confusing.). All the homes were nice but I chose the home that had more people than say 4 or 6 and there were men and woman. Up to 10 or so I think.
Most homes have all women and a smaller number of people. This place had some life in it!
My mom has been there over a year now and she is as good as she can be
without living in her own home.
This is So much different than all the nursing homes.
My brother said I must have had a guardian angel guiding me to this place because he can't believe I found it. I think he is right. I actually don't worry about my mom night and day like I used to.
I wish that everyone knew about these residential homes. They are affordable and a wonderful alternative to awful nursing homes.

Don't go here

I’d rate this community a zero if I could. I took my loved one over there and discussed in detail what the conditions were. We brought her over, got her all set up and a friend went over to check on my mom and she was still in bed in wet diapers. My friend got my loved one up for breakfast and came back an hour and a half later… She was still wet. The staff has their own room away from the residents. There was cat poop in the shower. It was just a very bad experience.

Like Home

I visited Gettysburg Christian home and saw a clean facility, hospitable staffing, and happy residents. I remember the meal most of all fresh Brussel sprouts, roasted chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, purple grapes and a bread roll. Everyone was enjoying their meal, it was like being at home.

Really Pleased with Them!

The care is wonderful. From what I've seen they do really good with activities. They do encourage them to be active and they have an activities director there. They do different things like game night and puzzles, and some outings. I think they have someone who comes in to do a church service for them. I can't think of any ways for them to improve at this point. The staff is very caring and personable. They really keep me in the loop with everything that is going on so I've been really pleased with them.

this was a very sad place, ...

this was a very sad place, tired and no real memory care program or other options. Inexpensive but I would not put Dad there.

Gettysburg Christian Home is a senior care home located in the beautiful city of Fresno, CA in Fresno County. Our loving community overlooks the magnificent San Joaquin Valley and stunning city views on the eastern side. Fresno is known for its cultural diversity and the fresh atmosphere making it a great place to live in. Visiting family members and friends will find Fresno accommodating and adventurous.
Gettysburg Christian Home strives to always provide the best care in a group home setting.