Sunrise of Fresno - Fresno, CA

About Sunrise of Fresno

Community & Location Highlights:

•Conveniently located in central Fresno, CA
•Near Cedar Vista Hospital, St. Agnes Medical Center and Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
•Scenic views of parks and gardens
•Close to shopping, dining and recreation

Sunrise of Fresno located in Fresno, California, is an assisted living community of active seniors who enjoy a life of comfort, independence, and dignity. Sunrise of Fresno offers each resident the kind of activities, meals, and schedules they want and need. Our approach to senior care is a resident-centered philosophy: we make it possible for seniors to live life on their own terms, with more time for themselves. Dedicated culinary, housekeeping and activities teams ensure that life here is full of loving care. We are conveniently located next to Cedar Vista Hospital and St. Agnes Medical Center as well as Kaiser Permanente Medical Center. We are also adjacent to parks, shopping and dining. Visit our community today to see why our residents are proud to call Sunrise of Fresno home.

Unacceptable care

It is a shame that this facility “triages and assesses” potential residents and assures the family that the care they provide will care for your ailing family member. My dad was allowed to fall the very first day he was here due to orders for care not being passed to the nursing staff. That resulted in a visit to the ER. Two weeks later he was allowed to dehydrate severely which resulted in yet another ER visit. The final incident involved another resident [Removed] my father in his own apartment. This is totally unacceptable care.

Sunrise Senior Living

Good Morning. We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Organized facility!!

I thought the staff where very organized throughout our tour of this facility and had a lot of great information to provide us with . They answered any questions we had for them and where very patient with my mother. The property was clean and I liked how spacious the dinning room as well other common areas where. It was just not the right location for us in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

Great Tour!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan they had as well as other amenities available for the residents.It was just not the right fit in the end decision for my mother.

Very caring place

We are very pleased with the care my mom has received at Sunrise. She loves the food and the staff very much. They are so patient and kind to her. The administrative staff are wonderful to work with as well. Although this is only respite care of one month, we will certainly consider it at the top of the list if long term care is needed.

One of our top choices!!

This tour was one of my loved ones and my favorite out of all the different facilities we had looked at. They have a bright entrance and lots of great amenities available around the building for the residents. I just did not care for how the bedrooms where set up in the memory care and that my mom would have no divider in a shared room.

Motivational Staff!!

My loved one has really made progress since moving into this community, the staff is very motivating at helping her get more involved with the different activities and techniques that help with her memory care plan. All of the residents have been very welcoming to her and have helped her adjust into her new living environment.

Review of Sunrise of Fresno - Fresno, CA

We appreciated the home-like atmosphere of Sunrise. There was a dog in the lobby who greeted us. We met one resident and her cat and spotted a nesting dove outside in the garden area. The presence of animals was a big plus. Residents tended to be friendlier and more outgoing. One lady engaged in a nice lengthy conversation with us and we felt welcomed. The dining room offers a choice of selections for each meal and residents are free to dine between certain hours so there is some flexibility about meal time. The food looked appealing and residents appeared to enjoy the flavors. Residents appeared to be sitting alone at their tables however. A small outdoor garden area was nicely planted. Not too much space to walk outside. Good selection of interesting activities and trips outside of the residence. Location is relatively far from our Tower District home making it difficult to spend time visiting or have time to enjoy family outings together. The predominant spiritual influence appears to be The People s Church which would be less familiar for Mom than a Catholic environment. It was clear that charges for administering medication and continence management could run quite high. Basically there is a charge for everything. Although the setting was more in tune with what we envision for our mother the corporate bottom line was a distracting factor.

My loved one is happy there.

extremely friendly and helpful

The people at Sunrise of Fresno are very hands on and extremely friendly and helpful. The place mother was at before was more of a cookie cutter type facility, whereas there is a lot more caring and individual care offered at Sunrise. They are a lot more flexible. You always see a friendly face when you go in there. I just really think it is a great place. I am really happy to have my mother there. I also like that it is a facility that will take you all the way from the beginning through to hospice. They just really go out of their way for you to make it a wonderful experience.

Not a great fit for us

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Sunrise seemed like a nice place in terms of the care they offered, but it just felt too much like a skilled nursing facility, I don't think it was somewhere my loved one would have been comfortable living.

Very nice place!

I've visited this community a few times when visiting a friend, and from what I have seen they are one of the best! The staff is absolutely great, the facility itself is very clean and well kept, and it looks like they've got a lot to offer their residents. They even do a great job with the food, I like that the dining room feels more like a restaurant than a cafeteria.

Very Good So Far

My mother has only been there a month and nothing's come up yet as far as problems. The food is very good. She likes it a lot. She's taking some time adjusting to being away from her home in Utah but other than that she likes it. They have movies and they do card games - they do several things during the day. I guess if there was one thing, I wish they did a little bit more off the premises. They do go on a lunch trip on Wednesdays and a drive on Sundays but that's all that I've seen off the premises. I was under the impression that they went on more bus trips.

very large, new, most expen...

very large, new, most expensive I toured. Memory care seemed a way to keep residents and not a real program or trained staff. The salesperson broke patient privacy a number of times and that concerned me. Probably second choice of the ones I saw but we couldn't have afforded it.

Different Levels of Care

We chose Sunrise because they had vacancy and offer different levels of care. With the different levels of care we would not have to move our loved one if she needed higher level of care. The community is very clean and the staff is very proficient. We are very satisfied with Sunrise and would recommend them to anyone looking for a place for their loved one.

Very nice.