The Gardens at Southern Manor - Statesboro, GA

Adjusting Well

So far things are going good for my father here at Gentilly Gardens. He seems to be adjusting well with the transition into the community. The staff has been great and really helpful to us. He says the food is okay could be better. There is a few activities for the residents. It has been a good experience for us so I would recommend for anyone to take a look at this community.

Delightful Place

All of the staff members working at the Genitlly Gardens really just did well on everything concerning the facility. It was really just an absolutely delightful place to be at and I can not say one bad thing about them.

I think they paid very good attention to my mom. They were very concerned about her and very caring towards her. They were very helpful and if we had any questions they got the answers to our questions.

A Place for Dad

When my sister and I were suddenly faced with finding safe housing for our 92 year old father (a relatively healthy and mentally competent man whose life became complicated by the poor health of his partner necessitating her placement in a skilled nursing facility) we made many calls and searched the internet for options. Complicating matters even more I live in Northern California and my sister lives in New York City. I recently retired after 30 years of nursing and recently broke my ankle. Neither of us could make the trip to Georgia to make arrangements. I found Senior Advisors on the internet and was matched with an extremely compassionate, competent and caring professional, Robbin. Through phone calls and emails she helped me maintain my positivity with gentle humor and warmth; in short her listening skills were impressive. She advised we check out Gentilly Gardens in Statesboro, Ga which is where his long time partner was moving to be cared for by her family. He has been there now for a week and talking to him now is like talking to the Dad we knew 10 years ago. He is happy and well fed, enjoys walking the grounds and checking on the fishing. Jan will be moving a 10 minute drive away later in the week. If her family finds that her care is beyond their abilities the back up plan is the memory care unit at the Gardens.

I thank Robbin and Senior Advisors for guiding us in this extremely important journey.

The Gentilly Gardens Direct...

The Gentilly Gardens Director and staff are friendly and appear to be concerned--a nice personal connection. When a room becomes available, they will contact me for the actual move-in date.

Gentilly Gardens is a gorgeous retirement and senior care living facility located in Statesboro, Georgia. We pride ourselves in being one of the best options available to you if you happen to be living in this area. We can provide professional and caring services when it comes to caring for your elderly parent. In most cases, elderly individuals are unsafe living on their own, but many of them do not want to give up their independence just to get the care that they need. When choosing Gentilly Gardens, you can feel incredibly good knowing that your loved one is going to be cared for while still being able to retain their own privacy. We have a variety of activities and games available each day to keep seniors active and healthy. We have an outdoor pool available for residents to use as well as an indoor gym so that they can exercise each day. You can visit with your loved ones at virtually any time throughout the day and we even encourage visitors to come into the dining room to enjoy a meal with their loved one as well. In general, Gentilly Gardens is a wonderful choice when you are trying to find the best senior living community for elderly parents. We are the best in the area and can provide superior care and quality assistance when it comes to ensuring that your loved one is in good hands. This is a major reason why many people choose us for their loved one's needs.