Garrett Manor - Hot Springs, AR has yet not published prices.

I had a wonderful tour of Garrett Woods with [name removed]. After researching several Senior Living communities in the Hot Springs area, I toured the top three on my list. Of those, Garrett Woods ranks highest in the combined consideration of cost for both base rent and Assisted Living services, cleanliness, comfort and atmosphere. The available apartments I saw were spotless, freshly painted and roomy. The residents are provided with emergency-call pendants, plus there are pull-cords in the apartments with a 24-hour staff to respond. The kitchenettes are small, with a fridge and sink. A stove in the Independent section is optional, or that space can be used for a microwave counter. There are two dining areas. One also serves as an activity room. The other has full-wall windows that look onto a nicely decorated outdoor area. (I was there at Christmastime and Garrett Woods was beautifully decorated.) I ate lunch with [name removed], and the stir-fry, egg rolls and pie were delicious. The meals are served restaurant-style with open seating, enabling the residents to change eating companions at will. There are lots of food choices, though no salad bar. The first floor is for Assisted Living only and was bustling with cheerful nurses. The residents I saw were well-groomed and engaged. All five exit doors open to a level sidewalk that surrounds the building, making it easy for residents to take outdoor strolls. There are several outdoor sitting areas to rest as needed. The landscaping is nice in the four patio areas. I especially liked the lovely fenced dog yard where residents can sit and visit while their furry friends romp. Cleanliness was A+ and there is a fireplace in the rear lobby. On the safety side, there is a generator, allowing continued use of oxygen and basic appliances until electricity can be restored. Garrett Woods would be my highest recommendation should my mom and stepdad decide to move to Hot Springs to be close to me in Bismarck. They may eventually need to change from Independent Living to Assisted, with nurses on hand, and at Garrett Woods they would not need to move when that time comes.

Food poor, care givers would rather socialize between themselves than take care of residents. There are a few who are good thogh