Thank God my Dad was kicked out! Follow up to my review from a year ago.

This is a follow up review to my review I wrote in Feb. 2014. My Father was literally kicked to the curb by Michael (the owner) one morning. They said they were capable of taking care of my father with his newly placed catheter, something I believe he got from improper care, and then they said no we are not capable. I am not sure there is enough space to tell all of what is wrong with this place. One of the last straws was when I arrived with my Father from an outing and the front door was unlocked, pot boiling on the stove and caregiver ( not the first time this happened) was SOUND asleep in the living room, and one resident yelling and trying to escape out a window. My Father was near sepsis when we took him out. He lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks. The house was not clean, the walls unfinished ( Michael promised to finish them) and ants all over the counters in the kitchen. I was drawn in by the loving caring marketing, but soon realized it was a terrible mistake! I wish I could have videod Michael screaming at me to get my father out!! Most meals came from cans or frozen and my Dad was eating cereal and drinking crystal light for breakfast ( not the balanced nutritious meals promised). The problem here is they overextended themselves and tried to open a third facility. It could be lovely and done right, but sadly most of these places are about making money! Also know that a "place for Mom" get's finders fees without checking out the facility. Boy have I learned a lot! My Dad is doing amazingly well now here in Texas. He lives in a lovely, caring, clean, very well run setting. He is gaining weight, off ALL medicine and no longer wears a catheter bag. In the end it was a blessing Michael kicked him out, so he could get the proper care he needed. Debbie said the weight loss was just the disease, NO it was poor nutrition and stress. I will be contacting the State now that I have time and my Dad is safe and settled.

Very caring, involved owners, wanted a smaller place

I chose another facility because this this one is too big. The facility I picked is a house with just five residents.

The same people own both Galena Manor and the facility I chose. I immediately liked them. The owners and staff are available when I need to talk to them. They do their best to fix any problems I may be having with my father. They are very caring people. They wanted to try to provide the best environment that they can for the residents. They sit down and talk with them. They ask, what is going on, what they can do to help them, spend time with them.

I'm really blessed that my father is in one of these facilities. It is working out far better than my father's last situation.

Thank God for a "Place for Mom" or in this case a "Place for Dad" :-)

Thank God for a Place for Mom!! We were in a desperate situation to find a place for my father with Alzheimer's, who needed more personal care. He went wandering from his room in Assisted Living, and they were forcing us without warning to put him in their memory care. My father is not at all ready for memory care. After one phone call, and help from Lisa, she put me in touch with Debbie at Galena Manor. A gift from the heaven's!! Dad is now in a small home environment getting the care he needs. What a WONDERFUL home!! Debbie and Michael are a blessing. Thank you, for helping me find them!! I did all of this from Texas, as my Father is in Ohio, living near my brother.