Freedom Village Bradenton - Bradenton, FL

4 months in a Brookdale

My 4 month stay at Freedom Village in Bradenton I experienced several things that led me to move to another assisted living facility.
The 2 concerning things I left with that I did not have before:
1. Stomach trouble for eating poor quality food. The lack of fresh fruits and vegetables has placed me under the care of a gastroenterologist.

2. Spider bites all across my body for weeks due to a room that was not properly cleaned prior to and during my stay. The Freedom Village staff refused to take my nocturnal bites seriously. At my own expense I called in town exterminator to seek the source of the bites. They found many spiders and webs. I also now under the care of a second doctor, a dermatologist.

A Great Place to Retire

We searched Sarasota /Bradenton and visited six facilities. We moved here 10 months ago and our expectations have been exceeded. We chose one of the Villas which are located in itheir own enclave with beautiful trees and landscaping. The service, staff and friendly residents are among the things we enjoy the most. The Life Care gaurantee was another thing that convinced us to move here. all of our financial worries are over.

Freedom Village delighted us with its warm, inviting atmosphere, abundance of organized activities, and attractive rooms. This community offers the independent lifestyle plus continuing care, if and when needed, that we are looking for for my Mother. I would give this 4 1/2 stars if the system would let us. The only slight downside we observed is that the area in which it is situated is rather industrial, not the most scenic of settings. But once on the grounds of the Village, it is very attractive.

My father's good care

We are happy with the care from this community. The staff is outstanding and very caring. We have been happy that he is please with the meals and the variety. They do try and get him to participate with the other residents. We would recommend a tour of this nice community to other families.

In Home Care For Mom

We liked this service and the staff was very nice and able to get us a care taker to help with the needs. The care taker was willing to help with the needs. The care taker was not able to come at the times needed for the care. We would recommend this service for families.

Pleasant environment, very good food, large appartments

Just a little to far!

This community was very nice. The people were great as well and very accommodating. The community was clean and neat. We liked everything accept for the distance it was to far for my parents to be from us.

very positive place and loved everything we saw

The Best Life!

The community is beautiful and the staff is great and very friendly. I really liked that because my loved ones wanted to be in the same room they were able to accommodate them, which made the transition easier. The community offers lots of activities that my loved ones love to participate in. My loved ones love the lectures that they offer and the singing that is offered to them. The meals that they offer are great and a lot of variety. I was very impressed with the meals. My loved ones have become social butterfly's.

It offered the exact thing I wanted. I was really interested in Aging in place, and they really had the whole package. I wasn't aware until I got there that there was a buy-in. The biggest thing I don't like is when they ring the doorbell and they run off, and leave the food sitting on the floor.

Ridiculous

The assisted living and memory care units are very poorly staffed. Never enough aides or nurses to properly assist these residents. Especially the memory care, Clare Bridge. The Clare Bridge program is NOT being offered. The residents are just sitting around with aides that are sitting around discussing their day, loudly and culturally.

It's really sad. The brochure and tour are not what is truly offered there. Please REALLY check it out before spending enormous amounts of money for very little care and lies about what is offered. Staff who are disorderly or show attitude. They are not given corrective action because of the color of their skin and the possibility of the persons using the term racist not to mention Brookdale can't afford to lose a warm body for staffing. Very few that are hired stay now they can't even get applicants in the door.

Review of Freedom Village Bradenton-Bradenton, Fl

I liked this place, especially the apartments. Would like to visit again to sample the food.

Very Up-To-Date

As far as my experience so far, the building I will be moving into looked to me to be very clean and I thought it was up-to-date, but when I got there I found out they were completely renovating it. The look to keep it very, very, up-to-date.

There is always room for improvement.

There are many very good things to say about this facility. They are all in the company's brochure and do not need repeating here. Rather, I will focus on those things that can be improved upon.

More encouragement from staff, perhaps even taking a firm lead, to get residents to attend activities suitable for their individual requirements/abilities/tastes. This would include the "take a stroll outdoors" events, especially for those with limited mobility or eyesight.

I have heard residents respond to the question "How are you today?" with "I'm bored." "All I do is sit in my room and watch TV." "The nurse asked me 'what I want to do today' I said, go home." Strive to eliminate all negative responses to such questions.

Yes, we're in Florida, but is it a requirement that all aides work on Florida Time? Step lively folks! At least give the impression that you like your work and are seriously interested in helping people who can no longer entirely take care of themselves. WAIT!!! How about thinking about whether you would be happy with your level of service when you reach your clients' age?

This was an absolute beauti...

This was an absolute beautiful place. Would be like living in a resort - however that is why it would not be fit for mom and dad. For them the smaller the better.

I like Freedom Village

I like Freedom Village. I’m very happy with them!

Feels Like a Cruise!

We can't tell you how happy we are that we are here. We researched for a while and they had so much more to offer and were a little less expensive. We are thrilled and just love it! Food is very good! We can't encourage people enough to move here. We are sorry that we didn't do it earlier. We like everything! First, I don't feel like I'm living in a retirement place, it feels just living in a condo, or a hotel, because I don't have to cook or clean. They change linens and do the laundry. All you have to do is personal clothes. Everyone here from the help on up is so nice and friendly. We have met so many people. From 7:30 in the morning to 10 at night there is something to do. They have exercises and entertainment, and they go on trips. When our children come and visit they thing they are on a cruise! One was saying they felt like they were at Disneyland!

Buy-In Community

We visited here but my mother-in-law never lived here so I don't have that much experience with them. It was nice but very expensive with the buy in.

Beautiful property nice roo...

Beautiful property nice rooms for the cost trying to determine if the Life care program is worth the investment . Good price incentive now on the studio and 1 bedroom units Studio has washer and dryer and full kitchen

Freedom Village Bradenton provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program, filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Within its Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Brookdale Senior Living provides Rehabilitation and Healthcare Centers, where professional staff provide compassionate medical care when needed. Whether for short-term rehabilitation, or for longer-term nursing care, our communities provide excellent services and attention that extends beyond the clinical details of recovery.

Residents of Brookdale Continuing Care Retirement Communities enjoy peace of mind knowing that opportunities for optimizing their health, wellness and convenience await them. With Inspired Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing care, Brookdale Continuing Care Retirement Communities provide the lifestyles our residents want, the services they need and abundant opportunities to enjoy life in comfort, with convenience and style.