Fox Run Village - Novi, MI has yet not published prices.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
Fox Run Assisted Living needs some Assistance
Please check out other places before you send your loved one here. I know no place is "perfect", but for what you pay here I would expect more.
Issues range from medications errors, not tending to daily personal care, bad food, lack of activities (unless you count watching TV), and lack of follow up to prevent the same problems from recurring.
Do NOT send your loved one to Fox Run Continuing Care
My parents lived in independent living at Fox Run for 11 years before transitioning to the long term care building. I give high rating to the independent living, once in in Continuing Care at Fox Run the nightmare began...
1. Lack of communication and accountability. You are lucky if you get a reply to your email or phone call. Employees are more than willing to pass the buck.
2. Environment: more of a hospital setting. Small rooms, small common areas, not designed well for residents in wheelchairs or that use walkers. Dining room is depressing.
3. Dining; Food is sub par at best. Designated eating times. Lack of variety of food and poor choices for elderly with dietary restrictions or the inability to eat independently.
4. Programming/Activities: If you want your loved one to "enjoy a slice of watermelon" this is the place, I am not kidding--this really is an activity. Some days there is nothing scheduled. Most of the time the residents are lined up in front on the TV all day--very sad.
For what we paid, I expect more. We were paying over $20,000/month for my mom and dad to live there.
My dad was a resident in the memory care unit and recently passed away as a direct result from a fall that happened here. He had 3 falls within a few weeks and they did NOTHING to prevent more falls. They wrote a "care plan" but did not implement it.
The state recently did an investigation and downgraded the facility to a G rating for their Scope/Severity rating (ratings go A thru L). They found Fox Run guilty of not providing a safe and secure environment and have received a letter of enforcement from the state.
We are still waiting for an apology for what happened to my dad.
I know someone who is there a very ni...
I know someone who is there a very nice facility, need to check out the gym that does have a pool, worth a follow through. Initial buy in is refundable if the unit is occupied for the same or higher price, some specials on units being sold for quick occupancy.