Fox Run Estates - Arlington, TX

Review of Fox Run Estates

The moment you walk through the doors at Fox Run Estates, the smell of something good cooking reminds you of being at grandma's house. [Name removed], [name removed], and [name removed] warmly greet you with a smile. The residents that live there are so approachable and glad to welcome you to their "golden years" home. We were so excited and relieved our mom could have some of her treasures from home. Fox Run Estates definitely won our trust and approval to care for mom.

Review of Fox Run Estates

I have enjoyed living here. It is quiet. I do not have to cook or clean anymore. They have several different activities that go on daily. Friendly neighbors and great staff members.

Great place! It is at the top of our list!

Very nice size two bedroom, no full kitchens, and bathrooms needed to be remodeled. Very nice people.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate all feedback we receive. We hope to see you at Fox Run Estates soon!

They don't have their act together

I toured this facility with my Wife while looking for a place to live. We ended up putting a deposit down for an apartment and was told it would take about 45 days for us to get approved for VA. After putting the deposit down I was called the next week and told the apartment with the balcony that we reserved, wasn’t available because it wasn’t safe. Then we got told it would take an extra 6 months for us to get approved by the VA. This facility doesn’t have their act together. I would not recommend them to other families.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review for Fox Run Estates. We appreciate your feedback and have passed along your comments to our management team. We are sorry that the original apartment you leased was no longer available. Safety is our top priority for both our residents and staff. In this situation, we strived to come to a solution by providing a refund on the deposit you placed. Please reach out to our community directly to further discuss your experience. We hope that you will consider us again in the future. Thank you!

I love Fox Run

This is a wonderful community. My loved one gets fed well which was his biggest thing. He had come from a place where they would give you scrambled eggs and chopped up weenies for breakfast. Here, it is like you are dining at a restaurant. You come in and sit down and they give you a menu. Then they would come by and take your order. Sometime you may have to wait a little bit, but that’s ok because while you are waiting you are talking to other people. The other residents are friendly, welcoming, and there is so much diversity and relatable people. The staff goes out of their way to find out about their tenants’ likes and hobbies and they do that to help build friendships with other people have similar interests. The staff is very personable, they know me when I walk in and I only been there a handful of times. They are also very communicative. If something were to happen to my loved one they would give me a call right away to let me know. They would also tell me the actions they needed to take such as calling an ambulance or they needed to have a doctor look him over. They are very attentive and I appreciate that they will inform me when they can. It’s a very welcoming community; they have a lady there who is about 90 years old who walks around to bring welcome gifts to new residents. You walk away from this place with a very up lifted spirit. You see people moving around, working on puzzle, reading books, or talking in the cafeteria. They also have outings to the museums and movies. For activities they just had a Halloween party where they can invite their grandchildren and you see all these kids playing games. They something family orientated occasionally on holidays, which is lovely.

Awful facility.

This facility was just awful! I would not want my loved one to reside here. i would not recommend it to anyone.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, My name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and while we are very sorry to hear this feedback, we would like to thank you for reaching out to share it with us. We care about making this the best possible place to live for our residents. To that point, if you have more specific feedback you could share with us that may help guide us and better understand where to focus our efforts, we would love to hear from you. We have found honest feedback to be the best source and opportunity for learning where to improve, and would love to hear from you. Please give us a call or get in touch anytime via email at [removed]. Thank you, we hope to hear from you soon. --Katie

My mom's care

This is a great community. The staff are wonderful and we like the community that is clean and always making sure that her room is clean very often. The menu appears to be good and she is pleased with everyrhing. I like knowing that is she is a good community. WE would recommend the care and value to other families for a loved one.

My sister felt this facility was too much like a nursing home.

My second choice!!

I really liked Fox Run Estates when I toured. I took my daughter and grandchildren to have lunch and tour as well. Everyone was very nice, but my daughter said it was a bit too fancy and I value her opinion.

Friendly Tour

I had a good tour of this community. Everything went well, and the experience was a nice one. The community looked good, and everything appeared to be well maintained. The staff was kind, and helpful. I did find another community to worked better for us, but my tour of this community was a good one.

The patios and balconies were nice features. However, the units were quite small inside and these were among the most expensive

Very kind and helpful staff. Close to the lake and park. Parking would be very difficult for my mom. Looking for a younger average age. Average is 15 years older than om.

We were very impressed with this community and how helpful and knowledgeable the staff is and how they made it very clear that they care for their residents.

My tour

We liked his community when we visited it. The community seemed clean and the people we met were nice. This community does not have an in house rehabilitation center and it was more expensive than what we were looking for.

Adjusting well

Things are going well so far. I've gone to a few activities the community offered. One thing they should improve is the food.The quality is not that good and they serve the same thing over and over.I chose Fox Run Estates because the people and staff were friendly.

High community fee!

Fox Run Estates was in good condition, but it was the most dated from the communities that we toured. Also, it had the highest community fee compared to all of the other facilities that we toured. We felt a disconnect and it was not the best option for us.

Very good. Found out all we needed to know.

I can not say anything against this community

The entire staff are very friendly and caring. They offer activities such as bingo, pool and they have an exercise room. The community is in a nice area and they offer transportation. The food is above average and they offer a healthy choice option. They also keep snacks out during the day. This community reminds me of a very clean country club.

A Big Trial For Mom

I really like the community a lot. My biggest concern was my mom's weight, she has gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks. Someone alerted the cook she wanted gravy on her beef, she's lactose intolerant, they bought lactaid milk to make a special gray and she appreciated him for that and was impressed. They are all responsive and currently have an on-site manager, which I liked the most. Mom is in an affordable studio and once she did not answer her phone so I called them and they checked on me for her, she was fine.

Fox Run

Fox Run is a very friendly and well kept independent living facility. My mother moved there several weeks ago and is loving her new home. She has met so many wonderful people. She loves all the activities offered. The staff is very caring and helpful. This is a perfect place for my mom.

A Positive Atmosphere!!

Fox Run Estates provides great services and activities to its residents. The interaction between the staff and the residents during activities is great. My mother has participated in bingo and going out on field trips. My loved one has also mentioned that the meals have good taste to them and most importantly that they are healthy.

Positive Atmosphere!!

Unfortunately, the community was a little over the price that we were looking for. I thought it was clean. When i took my tour the staff met along were attentive with me. I felt i received a proper tour of the whole place. It was a nice place that had many amenities and activities to offer, but it didn't work for us.

5 stars all the way!!!

My aunt is still adjusting to living at Fox Run. The staff are wonderful. The food is excellent. They offer a variety of activities. The community is well maintained and clean. I can not say enough about how much we like this community.

A Nice And Clean Community

So far I'am enjoying my time here at this community. It is a nice and clean community. They do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff is great, they very helpful and kind. There are activities offered through out the week. The food could use some improvement. Overall I'm doing pretty well here, and everything is working out well.

This community is worth recommending!!!

The food at Fox Run Estates is excellent. My grandma is still trying to adjust to living in this independent community. They do also offer some home health and other assistance for the residents if needed. The staff are helpful and there is good communication with them.

Excellent home for my Mother. Both staff and residents are so nice.

It was nice and clean, and the people were friendly.

It was nice and clean, and the people were friendly. It was a good place, they just didn't offer all of the things we needed and we had to find something that offered more personal care. A very good place though, I'd probably give them a five, just not the best fit.

great facility

This facility is a great place. They have no room for improvement at this time. The facility is nice and the staff is great.

Activities

I like all of the activities, also love that they are pet friendly , extremely helpful in moving my parents into the facility.

Some Improvements

I think that the Fox Run Estates could definitely improve on a couple of things here and there around the facility. But that is about all I have to say about the place really, it is a decent facility for my loved one.

They were very nice, very airy and light.

We also toured here. They were very nice, very airy and light. We didn't choose them though, because they were a little more expensive than our first choice. We also already knew one of the residents at the other place, making it an easier transition.

gone above and beyond

The front office at Fox Run Estates as far as I'm concerned has gone above and beyond. Jean and Mark have really done everything to try to make mom feel welcome. Mom of course is angry and doesn't want to be there. But that has nothing to do with the facility and what they are doing. Overall it has been a good experience on their part.

Nice place, but the food really needs work

I thought Fox Run Estates was a very nice place overall. The facility itself is well kept and clean, the people are friendly, and they have a lot to provide for the residents. Unfortunately the food really soured the whole experience for me, it just really is not very good. Normally small portions would be a complaint as well, but in this case I think it may be a positive. If they could just fix the food this place would be a 5 for me.

Bright & Cherry

While my mother has been at Fox Run for a very short time. I am extremely pleased with what I have seen and heard. The administration have been kind and helpful in more ways than I can count. They have gone out of their way, to make not only my mom to feel welcomed, but her family members as well. From The very first time we stepped into the building they have been there to help or answer any questions we have brought to them. The grounds are lovely with a well manicured lawn and beautiful flowers everywhere you look. I was thrilled when I was thrilled when I went into the building. , It is bright, open & cherry. Not dark and depressing like others I had visited. Terri Collins my mothers care giver is amazing. She is caring, encouraging and upbeat with my mom. I believe The Lord is the the one who sent us to this amazing place. I am so happy with it and all of the staff Thank you everyone. Kaye Clancey. Mary Seghers daughter.

Overall, I give them a 5 out of 5.

I was very sorry that I was not able to move my parents here as planned. My parents ended up needing a higher level of care, so we had to cancel our plans to move in here and go to a memory care home instead. When this was discovered, they were very gracious about cancelling our agreement. I wanted to go back just to visit the staff later, even though we are no longer doing business together. The staff here is fantastic, and the genuinely care. Overall, I give them a 5 out of 5.

Friendly, welcoming staff

Fox Run Estates has done an excellent job so far. They really went out of their way to help Mom feel at home. I also like that the management lives on site, it's a huge help.

Super friendly staff and residents. All inclusive, but in the upward range of pricing. Now loved the chess board.

They have treated her wonderfully, and she really likes it

They have treated her wonderfully, and she really likes it there. I don't have any concerns over the staff, or the facility at all. I can't say enough good things about them. They get an A+ on everything from me.

Fox Run Estates: My mom is happy here...

Fox Run Estates: My mom is happy here. The facility is clean, staff is very friendly and caring. The food is good. I have a key to my mom's room and I'm able to go anytime I want. My mom didn't even look at another place because she liked this one so much. We're pleased with their overall services.

We are very happy with Fox Run.

We are very happy with Fox Run. My dad is happy there too. It's a good value for what you get. He's happy with the food, and the activities. We loved that they allowed him to bring his dog. When I was touring I spoke to the other residents there, and they all seemed very happy there, and were very positive.

Warm welcome from staff and neighbors...

Warm welcome from staff and neighbors. Quickly felt at home. Highly recommend.

It's going very well so far.

It's going very well so far. It's a very clean and friendly community. They are attentive and responsive, and have plenty of activities going on. The food is great! We picked them because we really liked that they had a designated chapel, rather than just holding services in the common area.

The biggest complaint is with the food. The variety could be better, they seem to have a lot of chicken. She complains that it's burnt, and that they use too much salt. They also don't have hash browns for breakfast. The people are very very friendly and attentive, they have been very responsive to us.

Too big and 'grand' to be c...

Too big and 'grand' to be comfortable for Mama.

Great Place

This place is great! The staff and management really care about the people that live there. The fact that the meals are served like in a restuarant is a big plus. They get to chose from 3 different items and from personal experience tastes wonderful. The rooms are nice and comfortable

Facility and services are good, corporate leaves something to be desired.

I would like to see corporate follow up with their promises in a timely manner. Dealing with the corporate office side of things definitely leaves something to be desired. The community itself is good, there has been some change in management staff. The food is good and the people are friendly and they do keep it nice and clean. It is a good facility.

Fox Run

So far the staff and facility has been nice. My mother seems to like it.

My Parents Like It

The care is good and the activities are good too. I like that they have the nicest of people there. For me, the best part is the distance. It is just down the street from me so it's convenient to visit. I can't think of any ways they could improve right now. My parents have only been there about a month. They like it.

We're happy

We're fine, I've got a real nice apartment, in fact I've got 6 windows in here. The people seem pretty good, there's a couple that I stay away from but I found two fellahs that I used to work with 50 years ago and they're here so that helped a little bit with getting me on the right track. The food's very good, it's not the same thing day in, day out. They've got this wifi bit and then of course they've got bingo, gotta have bingo. I'm very happy here.

Two Stories

It was okay. At that time I was just looking for senior living for my great aunt. Now she has dementia so the care needs have changed.

It's upstairs and downstairs and that was my main concern. I didn't want that because my great aunt is not that mobile.

Nice facility, met a couple of lovely...

Nice facility, met a couple of lovely and fun residents. Did get the feeling that management is more "by the book" than intuitive, if that makes any sense. Got the feeling that individual concerns would be addressed by a phone call to corporate rather than through any sort of creative solution-finding process.

Small kitchenettes. A/C in living roo...

Small kitchenettes. A/C in living room, heater in bedroom, wall circulation fan between bedroom and living room. Facility maintenance issues. Dark rooms.

Friendly staff. Clean. Food okay. Out...

Friendly staff. Clean. Food okay. Outside my financial range.

The floor plans were nice. The reside...

The floor plans were nice. The residents seems to be happy. The shorter hallways would be good for dad, mom and dad would love the patio that the rooms have I found it a bit pricey. The food that we had for lunch was not great and the portions were very small.

We were very impressed with this prop...

We were very impressed with this property.

Deep in the heart of Texas, Fox Run Estates is the home you’ve been waiting for. You’ll love the comfortable facilities and all the entertainment, culture and history that Arlington has to offer.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind