Arlington Plaza - Arlington, TX

Manager never called us back

I toured this facility with my Wife while looking for a place to live. We liked it here, but none of the staff members could answer our questions. I was told that the manager would give us a call, but they never got back to us. We toured the sister facility and we found out that everything the staff told us here, was wrong. I felt like if we weren’t important enough for them to call us back, then we didn’t need to go here. I would not recommend this facility to other families.

Location is too small, w/no kitchen, and by the time I include renters insurance it is too expensive. Not interested.

Visited location and it was too small w/no kitchen in the rooms.

Dad is settling in

Arlington Plaza is a beautiful community. We chose this community because it was more friendly and open than other communities we looked at. It's also conveniently located for all of the family to come and visit more often. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My dad is still getting acclimated here. It is quite an adjustment for him. He came from a small town and this is quite a large community for him. Also, he is still familiarizing himself with the schedules and routines of the community. He is beginning to get out a little more and getting acquainted with other residents. His room is very nice. We brought a couple of pieces of his furniture for his apartment so it is more homey and comfortable. I'm trying to encourage him to participate in the exercise classes they offer. I would recommend this community to others.

What They Provide Isn't Adequate

My sister did not fit in here. The staff treated her like she was less independent and they even restricted her from some activities. They have no transportation for doctor appointments. The owners were unrealistic and not listening. The community was clean. They promised meals but it was less than acceptable. They would do one good meal for lunch but for dinner they serve something a sandwich.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and while I am very sorry to hear these comments and reflection on your experience, I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing them with us. We want to make Arlington Plaza the best possible place to retire, and can not do that without feedback. I am concerned, however, by some of comments raised here, and would love the chance to speak with you. We encourage all our residents to participate in our activities, and do in fact offer transportation for doctor appointments, or any other locations or places our residents would like to go or travel to. Please, give us a call so we may can clear up these or any other misconceptions or miscommunications there may be. We really want your sister to enjoy her time with us and want to do everything we can to see she does. We look forward to speaking with you, and hope to hear from you soon! Thank you so much --Katie

A tour for mom's care

I toured this community. We liked the staff who were helpful. The community was clean and maintained. They offer good activities for the residents who are wanting to participate. The menu looks appealing. We would recommend that other family your this community for the care of a loved one.

Clean Community!!

I have recently had a tour of this community for my mother and I have no complaints of how things are going for her. The staff where on time to our tour and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I thought they had a clean property as well as a great activity program. It was just not the right fit for my mother in the end decision.

A place to call home!

So far, I am very happy since my move. I like it very much, I like the apartment even though all I have right now is a bed and a dresser. The staff is very nice and the other residents are very nice as well. I have not been participating in the activities because they do not have an activities director but they are getting one soon. The food sometimes could use some improvement, but I know they are working on it. I really like it here and I feel that I made a great choice.

Very kind and helpful staff. Close to the lake and park. Parking would be very difficult for my mom. Looking for a younger average age. Average is 15 years older than Mom. Also really want something closer to my home in NW Fort Worth.

Older but Well-Kept

First week of parent's moving in. The only social activity tried so far is Bingo but the activity calendar is filled with fun-looking, enriching past-times. A nice size library, activity room with some exercise equipment and beautiful billiards table are also available. There are three on-site agencies that provide personal care and home health services; and at least two of the three have a 24/7 presence on site. The dining room is lovely and the meal presentation is straight out of an upscale restaurant with the service, linens and settings. The food looks and smells delicious and I hear that it is very tasty. The executive chef prepares several options per meal and I have seen him interact with the residents and they are encouraged to give feedback. Snacks and hydration stations are accessible all day and again with nice presentation. This is an older facility but has been maintained well. The shared areas seem to be in good condition and there is elevator access as well as stairs. The unit we chose has new flooring and paint and we can hang artwork or TVs as we please. Each room is climate-controlled by the resident. The facility provides cable TV and local transportation at no extra charge. They also provide all towels and sheets and launder them weekly. Residents have access to free washers and dryers or can contract with one of the on-site agencies for laundry service. There is a screen door leading from the apartment to the patio in addition to windows so the apartment can be opened on nice days. The landscaping is colorful and well-maintained. The parking garages only have a 6' clearance and require walking access by steps or stairs. There is handicap parking in back but it is limited. The staff have gone out of their way to make us feel welcome and have even checked on our loved one when late to a meal. The worry about whether or not she eats, socializes, or the general condition of her welfare is gone. Mom has made some new friends, loves the food and the ability to keep her apartment at 80 if she wants. We love that she is still as independent in a clean, safe, enjoyable environment but can still get the occasional help as needed. Have already recommended to others.

Things are going well

They offer good healthy meals at Arlington Plaza. Mom has started to participate in some of the activities they offer. The community is clean and well taken care of. This community is close to family and I would recommend it.

I was very happy with this service. I was happy with the staff that was able to find me, someone, to come into my home and helps with the household needs. We liked the caretaker that arrived on time and was very respectful and patient. We would be happy to recommend this service and the great help that we received to other families wanting great in-home care for a loved one.

A nice community

This community does not have an in house rehabilitation center and we did choose one that did. I was not impressed with the parking. They have a garage and it is hard to get out of. The community seemed clean and the staff I met were nice.

My choice

Space for money I found this the best offer. It's friendly staff and residents made Arlington Plaza the choice for me.

Satisfied with Their Move Here

My brother and his wife are doing very well since their move to this community. It is a nice community, and I satisfied with all they have done for us. I know they are safe, and in a good facility with kind people. All is well so far, and we are pleased.

Attentive Staff!!

I felt that everyone in the community that i met along my tour was very accommodating. The tour guide took me all around including the available rooms they had and the activities center. I liked the atmosphere throughout the whole place it was very positive. The housekeeping does a good job because i saw that everything was in place and clean.

Need Better Meals!!

The food is very blend there is no flavor to the meals. It would be good if they offered more variety and made sure the meals were more tasty. The staff are great they communicate very well. Activities are offered in the community. Most importantly we feel that my loved one is in safe place.

Good Meals!!

I took a tour of this community. They have resident parking available if needed. The community offers on site home care. We had the chance to try a meal it was good they had variety. The person that gave us the tour was nice.

Very Kind Tour Guide,But to Expensive

My tour of this community was a short one. The gentleman I met with was very kind and informative. Their rates were a little bit expensive for our budget. It looked like a nice community, but I wasn't going to pay that much money. This is a kind community, but not the place for my sister.

My New Home

I am living in a peaceful community where I get to take naps during the day. Activities are available for residents and the meals that are prepared taste very good. The staff are nice, respectful and helpful when needed. My experience has been going good

Arlington Plaza great place to live for my mom

We chose Arlington Plaza for many reasons. Easy access to and from Hwy I-20 and Hwy 287, greeted by friendly staff who genuinely care about residents, facility clean and warm atmosphere. Many daily group activities to choose from. Fortunately apartment was available and remodeled prior to our occupancy, was reasonably priced and we liked the floor plan. On site home healthcare is available and is required for my mother. Three good tasting chef made meals a day. Many food choices on the menu. Since recent occupancy, Arlington Plaza staff and home healthcare workers were there when my elderly mother needed them after a bad fall.

Going fine

Things are going fine at Arlington Plaza. So far, we do not have any complaints with the facility or the staff there. We have had a good experience with the place so far.

The thing I like the most is that they have the managers living on site. I also like the residents program of welcoming the new residents there.

They are doing a fantastic job.

They are doing a fantastic job. The food has been very good the times that I have eaten there. The staff has been very helpful. She already had a friend that lives here, so that was nice. They also had the best price that we saw. We are very happy with them.

So far they are doing a pretty good job.

So far they are doing a pretty good job. The staff is friendly, and it's pretty clean. I don't have any major complaints. I am pretty happy with them so far. They also seemed to be one of the more reasonably priced places around.

very helpful

They were very helpful in getting the paperwork done and getting everything set up. There were a few things that needed repair that took a while, sot hat is one area where they could improve. Overall though they have been very good and I would recommend them.

excellent

The food at Arlington Plaza is excellent. That is one of the main things we were concerned about and it is excellent. The activities director is really wonderful. All of the staff is above and beyond friendly and helpful. It has been a very positive experience and I would highly recommend them.

mom really enjoyed her stay

Arlington Plaza is an incredibly nice clean facility with very helpful staff and great care. My mother really enjoyed her stay there.

Just a couple of suggestions

The people at Arlington Plaza are wonderful with the Seniors. We have been a little confused about how the activities work. At times, there is something on the schedule but no one shows up to help lead the activity. So the Senior Adults just go back to their rooms. Sometimes the Senior Adults don't show up for the activity themselves. So it is a cycle that really needs some intervention. It really needs heavy promotion by the employees. It would be great for the directors or activities personnel to put out an interest form. Senior Adults are like children, they need someone to help them connect and get things organized. Then after the first couple of times, the activity can be turned over to the residents. I appreciate all that is done for these precious people. Help with connecting with each other would go along way. Sign ups for activities would also help.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I'm writing from Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you so much for writing a sincere review. We encourage our communities to let passionate residents lead activities so your recommendation is spot on. I've passed your feedback onto our Resident Relations department for their review. Please know that you can call them as well at [removed] if you have anything else to add.

Thanks,
Katie

move in scheduled for end of month the unit is being refurbished.

Being ignored by corp. to refund monies

If it keeps some other person from giving monies to that corporation, then I will be glad.

Holiday Retirement

Hi Linny - I'm Katie, I'm writing from Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm sorry to hear you have such a negative impression of Holiday. Was there any part of our service that was unsatisfactory to you? Any specifics as to why you're upset? We'd like to know more. Please call our Resident Relations line at [removed] at your convenience.

Thanks,
Katie

Great first impressions were lasting

Walking through the door I instantly felt at ease, and the home I was looking for. The residents were happy, and very friendly. In fact, some invited me in to see their apartment. The staff made me feel welcome and appreciated my interest in all aspects of the community. It was easy to instantly decide Arlington Plaza was for me.
The great food, list of activities, and other amenities were
secondary in importance to me. I signed a lease as soon as possible!

This facility has been upgraded since I first visited. Everything was very clean.

Inconvenient parking, very dark and quiet. Spacious rooms with affordable pricing.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm very sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience at Arlington Plaza. We're always open to suggestions, so don't hesitate to call Home Office directly at [removed] with details.

Very nice place

Things have gone well so far with Arlington Plaza. It is a nice looking, clean facility, and the whole place just has a very laid-back relaxed feel to it. The residents are all friendly, and the staff are dedicated and caring. The rooms are a nice size, and they've got a good variety of activities. It's a great place for the price that you pay.

Come join us at Arlington Plaza...

The biggest plus for me was the interaction with people and I love the new friends I've met here at Arlington Plaza. The food is great and has a variety of choices. Weekly housekeeping with fresh sheets and towels make life so easy... I never have to clean a toilet again or cook a meal... leaves lots of time to read and play on the computer. Always some activity going on to join in... bingo, scavenger hunt, coffee and dessert in the afternoon some days, entertainment, the list goes on and on. Managers on site 24/7 is a very comforting thought... so come join us at Arlington Plaza, we could be your new home.

Review of Arlington Plaza Independent Living in Arlington, TX

Had a very nice tour 9/29 2pm but this isn't appropriate for my mom. This is quite run down and felt more like a nursing home even though there is independent living. Multiple areas smelled bad...even the guest room and newly decorated room. I toured Watercrest in Mansfield before heading here and this was night and day!

Review of Arlington Plaza Independent Living in Arlington, TX

Arlington Plaza seemed okay but I didn't get a sense of community or peacefulness. The facility looked nice enough,but my sister and I received several bug bites while sitting in the lobby.

Arlington Plaza

After one week, it's difficult to evaluate properly. There are repairs to be made i.e. locks, toilet flapper valve, paint smeared, etc.
People on staff are friendly and helpful.

Older community, difficult to park

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I wasn't overly impressed with anything that I saw here. The facility itself is old, and in need of some updates and renovations. I also had a lot of difficulty finding parking even just for visiting.

Happy with our choice of Arlington Plaza

Due to a fall, we had to move my mother-in-law from her apartment to a more supervised environment. This happened suddenly, so while she was in rehab, we searched all over Arlington for both independent and assisted living communities that we felt she would enjoy and could afford. She's 88, mostly blind, and has never lived in a community like this.

We began our search at Arlington Plaza and liked the interaction between the managers and residents. But, since this was new to us, we thought we should perform due diligence and look at more communities. A couple of places we liked at first, we later determined appealed more to us than they would to her! (Playing Wii would never be on her agenda!) We ended back at the first place we looked - Arlington Plaza. Why did we choose this?
- Friendly staff and co-managers that live and eat at the community
- Good food in a friendly atmosphere. We ate there before making the decision.
- Smiling residents and good chatter during the meals.
- Affordable with the option for additional care as it's needed.
- A larger apartment than she could afford most places.

Now that our mom has been there 2 months, we are continually grateful that we chose this for her. There's always something going on - music groups coming, outings on their bus, exercise after breakfast every day, special occasion celebrations, games - she's never bored. She is doing things we never expected - like walking to meals on her own, using the elevator, interacting with the other residents.

On top of everything, she speaks only Spanish, but has been welcomed with open arms, and one way or another, has been able to communicate with her table mates and the staff. Life has opened up for her like it never would if she still lived alone in her apartment. She's happy and we're happy!

Clean, friendly, nice size ...

Clean, friendly, nice size apartments, reasonable. On our list.

Greg toured and is very ent...

Greg toured and is very enthusiastic. Could work.

Had lunch at this location....

Had lunch at this location. The place is old and has not been updated. The guy had the nerve to price the 1100 s/f apartment at $4600.00 a month. The lunch was not exceptable

No wheelchair lift on community bus is the only complaint

The only complaint is the transportation service, doesn't accommodate a wheelchair, there is no lift. They have good food and lot's of activities. The people are friendly and it's very clean. A very good place.

The Missing Link

My mother-in-law loved living in our home- good meals, laundry taken care of, a big TV in her room. The missing link was a host of new friends to interact with each day. With our busy lives we didn't have the time to sit and converse at length. Now she has the whole package and she loves it. Her out-of-state daughter e-mailed us stating that she was worried about the move away from our home. Now she thinks it was genius on our part. It has reinvigorated her mother.

Pets Welcome!

I chose this community because it was really a nice place to be. I looked and called a lot of places and this was the one for me. We have small get together and parties on the weekends. I love to play poker so we get to play poker twice a week. I came to visit Arlington Plaza and while on my visit decided to just move in. The landscaping is really beautiful, there are plenty of trees and there is squirrels and birds moving around the community. The studio that I have has a nice window that allows me to get a beautiful view of the landscaping. They allowed me to keep my dog with me and that was a big factor in my decision. A few of us with dogs get together on the lawn and just let the dogs play while we talk. I would definitely recommend this community to anyone that is looking. I can't tell you how happy I am here. I was able to make the chose myself and I really feel like I made the right choice for me. The staff here, especially Carol and Patricia really make it feel like its my home and they are just here to help. They go above and beyond to really make you feel comfortable in this community. They have a small church on the property and they offer bible studies as well. They offer a time to exercise and help during it. They also offer transportation to and from different locations. I have not set up my internet because I have been staying so busy with my friends.

nice facility

nice facility

good [removed] covered prkg, VERY fri...

good [removed] covered prkg, VERY friendly atmosphere (staff & residence), no ovens in apts., allows smoking, valet prkg, mgrs on site 24 hrs, no theater rm...movie rm w/ couches & chairs, facility older, seems like apts.

Director was very friendly and inform...

Director was very friendly and informative. The community sounds like a good fit;

Mom spent 3 days and 2 nights in Arli...

Mom spent 3 days and 2 nights in Arlington Plaza's guest suite back in March and enjoyed it very much. Managers made her feel right at home. I think this would be her first choice if she were sure she's ready for a retirement community and decided to live in Texas rather than Kansas.

Spoke with representative - rates are...

Spoke with representative - rates are rather high, no room for negotiation.

Friendly staff and residents. Clean a...

Friendly staff and residents. Clean and good smelling. Good food.

Situated on beautiful grounds in the heart of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, you’ll love the elegant grace of our facilities and the warmth of our staff. We’re just minutes from all the things that make life great: dining, shopping, golfing, healthcare, and all the entertainment and culture of a major urban area.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind