Brookdale Carmel - Carmel, IN

Brookdale Carmel - Carmel, IN has yet not published prices.

Look Elsewhere

My mom lived there for two years and we moved her out [date removed]. First year was good, appropriate staffing and care. New Executive Director took over [date removed]. The facility went downhill from there. Residents were left unsupervised frequently as staffing was cut to save money. My mother sustained numerous injuries to her legs, face and arms. Wellness Director would "investigate". Result of investigation was always resident was a fault. The truth being my mom was left unsupervised in her wheelchair while other ambulatory residents pushed or hit her.
Brookdale Carmel is an assisted living facility. They try and say they are long term care as well. Don't be fooled, they are not licensed for long term care. Overnight staff is generally 1-2 CNA's and one LPN for a two floor building with 50 residents. Managers are untruthful about the care giving. Executive Director told our family that our expectations were too high. We want the best for our mom and Brookdale Carmel was not longer it.
It's a great location and a beautiful building but new management team is uncaring, inexperienced rarely out of offices if they are onsite at all.

Good Location

My dad seems to be doing ok here. There have been issues that have come up that the staff has been extremely helpful with . The staff is wonderful extremely helpful and attemtive. The community is very clean very well light and the climate control is set just right. The food is ok no complaints. The reason why we chose this community was the pricing and the location both were perfect for our situation .

Exceptional Community

This is an exceptional community, and my mother is doing well since her move there. This community primary focus is memory care, so I know she is receiving excellent care. The on-floor staff is very good. The "activities director" and her staff have done an excellent job. The layout of the community is in the shape of an octagon, and there is a nice open court yard in the middle. The resident is able to walk around without getting lost. The meals are good, and the chef is accommodating to the residents. She even gets to know the residents by name. There are multiple activities available for the residents. The community offers outings on a weekly basis. Everything has worked out well for us in this community. I would recommend it.

Nightmare Experience

It was an nightmare experience for my husband during his stay in this community. I had to move him out after three days.[Removed]. My husband was [Removed], and the experience was horrible overall.

Tiny bedrooms!!

When I had toured this community for my mother I had noticed that the apartments they had available to my mom where very tiny and shared with a roommate. The beds where twin size and crammed in a very small room. That just would not work for my mom. Everything seemed tiny and a little cramped.

Very nice community.

The tour of Brookdale Carmel was pleasant. They have a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy. The staff were friendly and were able to address all of my concerns. They do not provide a program to assist with quitting smoking.

Katelyn is wonderful and has been in the situation I am in. She made me feel comfortable and actually cried with me as I talked about my mom. They were able to assess my mom same day and quickly make arrangements for her.

We're Happy with the care

The care was very good right form the first day. The sensitivity and friendliness of the staff was second to none.

Review of Brookdale - Carmel, IN

People there have been absolutely wonderful - very kind and caring

Toured, looked very nice

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. It was a nice looking, smaller community. The facility was clean and well decorated, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. The community seemed very friendly and close-knit! We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

This place really is fabulous! Katelyn's communication has been outstanding and EVERY staff person that passed me, stopped to introduce themselves, and asked if I had any questions. Love the "neighborhood pod" design. This is definitely the highest priced of those I'm looking at, but everything seemed to be done with excellence.

Great place if you can afford it!

Everything seems to be pretty good. Everyone seems in tune with everyone and everything. They have a lot of activities and things going on. I would highly recommend this place if you can afford it! They look after everyone well and call me when they have questions or concerns. I am please with it.

Impressed!

I was so impressed with this place, very high priced, I can understand it being higherthough due to the level of care, i saw an exercise group going on but was not exposed to any other activities. I spoke to the chef/ caregivers.

Nice setup with pods of 8 r...

Nice setup with pods of 8 residents per pod.Did not appear to have much going on in the entire facility. Whitney stated that they were getting ready for an activity but could not see where. A lot of money for the facility. Entire facility is memory care and is locked down always. Great treats. I like the idea that residents could go from one pod to another and everything was open to everyone.

Beautiful facility. Nice lo...

Beautiful facility. Nice location. The staff seems very attentive and knowledgeable. Unfortuneatly, I think this is quite a bit out of our budget.

Generally very satisfied

We are happy with this community so far. It is clean, nicely furnished, and has a very comfortable atmosphere. The staff are all friendly, and seem well trained, and they've handled communication and feedback very well so far. We also like that this is community is entirely devoted to memory care, just from a safety perspective.
There are a few areas where they could use improvement. The staffing on evenings and weekends is a little sparse.
Another issue to be aware of is the lack of diversity in this community. I believe that my father is their first and only African American resident. I noticed this was the case in many of the facilities we toured as well, so the parent companies of these facilities should consider looking into how to broaden their appeal to other communities.

Very nice looking

This place looked very very nice, and everyone we spoke with on the tour was friendly. However this was more expensive that what we were looking for, and ended up not being an option for us.

Aunt is getting much better care

If I could afford a place like this as I age I would go here. They're very good to my aunt, when she went in there, the place we took her out of was giving her drugs so she couldn't get out of her wheelchair without falling; they took her off of all of those, now she's mobile, she doesn't have to be in a wheelchair and she's much happier. Although Clare Bridge was a little more expensive than some of the other, it appeared to be a better arrangement with the pods. The rooms are off of the pods and it's a really good situation, there's someone within each pod day and night so if someone gets out of bed or needs something they're there. Alzheimer's is all they do, they're very familiar with it and their staff is very good and kind, it's well worth the cost.

Clare Bridge

Upon first arriving at Clare Bridge, I was impressed with the facility. Most important is that it did NOT smell. The staff warmly received me, showed me around and explained their concept. Even though Clare Bridge is a alzheimer/dementia memory care facility, they do not have everyone who suffers from that congregated in 1 area. They have them divided into "neighborhoods" with 8-10 in each "neighborhood". The same aids (2) are always there assisting the residents of their "neighborhood", even when a shift changes, it is always those same aids. This provides consistency for the residents in each neighborhood which is important for those with alzheimers/dementia. In each "neighborhood is a common familyroom, kitchen eating area where those 8-10 "hang out", and eat. The residents roam in a very safe, secure environment to several nice area including the ability to go outside and enjoy flowers, birds etc. Clare Bridge is a great place for families to interact with their loved ones because there are so many areas families can go and talk. Alot of activities go on and every time I am there, I am impressed with the participation of the residents. It is like a great big home in alot of ways. Even though it is private pay, we did not find it any higher than other memory care facilities where you can roll onto Medicaid when you run out of money. The whole environment and the staff are all is very welcoming!! I highly recommend a tour to anyone!!

Again this was a a wonderful facility...

Again this was a a wonderful facility. Total memory care so this may be at the top of the list.

Toured. Excellent facility. Expensive

Toured. Excellent facility. Expensive

Brookdale Carmel is an exceptional memory care community in the upscale city of Carmel, Indiana. Carmel is an affluent suburb of Indianapolis and has been named one of the fastest growing communities in the country and has been selected as the Best Place to Live in the United States by CNN Money magazine. The thriving city has a down-home feel with modern luxuries, fine shopping and delicious dining.

Brookdale Carmel is the only freestanding, private pay memory care community in central Indiana. Our prime location just half an hour from downtown Indianapolis gives our residents easy access to quality health care quickly. We believe a person-centered approach to care that values individuality and recognizes the person behind the disease, understanding their past and working with them to achieve future goals.

Our staff is well trained and compassionate, specially chosen to work with residents who have memory loss. We know that a familiar routine and gentle schedule can help put seniors who have dementia at ease and give them peace of mind. Our daily routine provides a well-rounded experience and includes:

Mental stimulation in the form of brain games, discussions and sharing stories of the past
Physical exercise such as group exercises, walking or dancing
Daily life skills that provide purpose and meaning
Life enriching activities and programs