Brookdale Lenoir - Lenoir, NC has yet not published prices.

smaller, quieter facility. Nice rooms, no kitchentte. Friendly staff.

Father Likes This Community

My fathers health isn't doing the best, but he does like this community. He is perfectly content, and they are taking good care of him, and his needs. He is pleased with the meals, they provide wonderful food. There was a mix up on his medicine, but they have straightened than out now. I'am hoping the new medicine will help his health improve. It is a pretty clean community for the most part, we have had minor concerns with the cleanliness. However they have been good at helping him keep his apartment clean. It is still a work in progress, but this is a community I would recommend.

Making Good Experiences In The Community

My aunt needed a home right away. I was able to interact with this community and decided that it was the home for her. Since moving in she is doing great, they are doing well. Home health comes to the community are they both are working well together. It is a very clean place that I appreciate seeing daily. The staff are very friendly and they girls are good at being accommodating and attentive. I would recommend them but it's a little expensive.

Disturbing and neglectful

Brookdale is like the wolf in sheep's clothing. They look really good, but you should not expect a lot of care. Even though they certainly charge lots for the extra care... They are not about that. It's about show and activities for them. So, if all you need is an apartment, it's your place. But, if you need "assistance" in the assisted living center, go somewhere else. I was with my mother when she pressed her call button and waited 35 minutes and no one came. I even went to look for help. Still, I found no help that day. She fell four times in one week and had 3 trips to the hospital. On one trip to the doctor, she was allowed to fall out of her wheelchair in the transport bus because the driver (who was over a half hour late and hateful) said she didn't know how to use the wheelchair seatbelt. I tried to get my mom up and I fell on the bus too! Did I get a call from Brookdale to apologize? Of course not.
When my mom got a UTI because Brookdale did not give her liquids on a routine basis, my mother became confused and was hallucinating. At that point she was "no longer a good fit for the community" unless I stayed with her 24 hours a day. Really? That was Brookdale's solution.

Overall, my assessment of Brookdale is disturbing.

very pleased

I was just very pleased with everything that happened there at Lenoir Park. The staff was very kind and friendly. The food was excellent - I ate and enjoyed a couple of meals there myself. Mom was well taken care of by them, even if she didn't take the best care of herself. Her room was not always clean, and she wold often be wearing the same outfit, but I am sure that those things speak more to mom than they to do Lenoir Park.

Great place, but expect to be charged for it.

Great environment, caring staff, good food. We were warned about unexpected "a la cart" charges and this was true.
This is Assisted Living as opposed to Skilled Care Nursing and there is a big difference. They will do as much as you pay for.
Anything they do, above their very basic service, has an extra charge involved. I.E., meds, feeding, bathroom, dressing, help to and from dining, etc. Expect another $500 to $1000 extra per month above what was quoted.
Review your bill closely and ask questions.

Brookdale Lenoir provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Lenoir Park we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.