Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

I would not recommend this facility for anyone who does not have caregivers dropping in to see them on a regular basis to ensure their room is maintained and clean. The staff were very nice and they were kind to my father but he is incontinent and within weeks of his arrival, his room smelled so bad of urine that you could not walk in. I paid for additional cleaning & laundry services and made a surprise visit to find his bathroom to be a disgusting mess. Due to deteriorating health, I moved him into extended care and my moving crew could hardly stand to be in the room because of the smell. It is no way for a man to live. All other aspects of his stay at Fernbrae seemed fine and he did like the staff

Review of Fernbrae Manor Kelowna, BB

We have had a very good experience with Fernbae manor, my Mon seems to really like it plus the addition of having interior health working out of the same location or close proximity to has made the whole process great.The food and treatment from the staff has been great. The activities on a daily bases is something she looks forward to when she can attend. Very pleased with this setup.

I would not recommend Fernbrae Manor to anyone.

I lived in Fernbrae Manor for six months and, while the first couple of months were really great, I became disenchanted with the place as I became more acquainted with the environment and standard. I would not recommend Fernbrae for anyone. It is more of an assisted living environment, with only three activities provided, bingo, horse racing, and happy hour; the activities staff person attempted to encourage residents to participate in a variety of crafts but, quite frankly, either age or health are a reason why many residents were unable to participate. I found the food unpalatable after the change in kitchen staff in April and, in my opinion, Canada Food Rules were then not followed at all. Advertisements on the tv are misleading, and don't reflect the true picture of the residence. Lawn bowling or boche ball are shown in one frame, and I sincerely doubt that these games have been played there for quite some time by any of the present residents. The scene of a senior couple playing a board game in front of a fireplace is not a scene from Fernbrae. They only have an electric fireplace, situated in the entrance way. The is false advertising. I stand by my statement completely. Should anyone consider moving in to Fernbrae, while I was there, many people stayed two or three days just to acquaint themselves with the facility and see for themselves what is offered.

Mother is feeling comfort with her environment

The tour of Fernbrae was very helpful in the decision-making process. The facility provides rooms that are of adequate size, plus provides amenities such as hairdresser, manicure/pedicure, & laundry that are priced well. Fernbrae also provides activities for those who wish to join in, such as Bingo, Horse Races, singing, etc. A resident can be as busy as they want, or can just enjoy the grounds. As with any facility serving meals to many people at the same time, the quality of food can sometimes be an issue, but with communication can be resolved. As we get older, a change in our living environment can be a difficult adjustment. It took a little bit of time, but with patience and encouragement, the adjustment has been successful, and our mother is feeling comfort with her environment.

Mom Liked this place, but it was located in an aea of the city she was unfamiliar with

Great place, very friendly and personable staff. My dad is very happy living at Fernbrae