Fairwinds - River's Edge - Saint Charles, MO

A Fine Experience For Me In This Community

Everything has worked out very well for me with my move to this community. I'am pleased with the everything they have done for me. This is a terrific community with kind people. The staff is good, and they have been very helpful in everything. It has been fine experience for me in this community, and I would recommend it to my family, and friends.

Was A Great Place

We really enjoyed our tour of this community. It's a great place nice and friendly staff. The place is very clean and nicely decorated. The staff was very helpful and informative through out the tour. I did, however, find it a little more expensive than some of the other communities that we had toured and I found the pricing to be a little confusing not user-friendly to figure out what the extra cost may be.

We Had A Friendly Tour Of This Community

We had a nice tour of this community. Everyone was very kind to my wife, and I. The community looked nice from what we saw. The staff was polite, and helpful. Our questions were answered. Our went well overall, but this was not the community for us.

We Are Still Getting Use To The Community

The people here are all friendly and open. My dad is doing great here. He is able to laundry in his room, which has been great. Recently I discovered they can't provide transportation for my dad because the vehicle is not equipped for those who are in a wheelchair. There was a miscommunication about that. I also had dinner with him and I notice the waitress staff had dirty aprons on and it looked like they were washing dishes or cooking. They were serving the meals with out a clean apron on.

Mom's great care

This is a great community for great care. The staff is nice and caring. This is a community is clean and maintained for the residents to enjoy. The meals are good and she is happy with the variety. The activities are really good for her and we like that she is social with the other residents. My mom has been happy here with the care that is offered. I think that other families would be happy with the care and the nice value for a loved one.

A tour for care

We toured this community for the care of my father. This community was nice, but they did not have the level of care that was needed at the time. The staff were helpful and caring to what we needed. The community was clean and we liked the menu and the layout of this community and would have been happy with the value if they had what we needed at the time. I suggest families tour this nice community for the care of a loved one.

She Is Doing So Good

So far so good. My aunt is doing good being apart of the community. She likes the meals and the activities that are available are good for her. Her apartment is a good size.

Good experience

We just moved in less than a month ago. Everyone here has been so friendly and helpful. The food is good, the neighbors are friendly and we are already making friends. The location is great - easy access to highway 70 and to shopping places. I think we will be very happy here.

Subpar staff...

My loved one's stay at Fairwinds is going fairly okay. The facility is very clean and well maintained. However, the staff do not adhere to my loved one's medical needs. They could also do better at encouraging my loved one to socialize and participate in activities.
clean and well maintained, quite ,

We are very comfortable here

My only concern with this community is that the chef does not seem to know how to cook for older residents. They serve a lot of carbohydrates and the food has a lot of salt. They offer large portions, however I wish they would bring in a dietitian to help them prepare better food. They offer activities most of the day. The staff are fantastic and the residents are friendly. The community is very clean and I would recommend it.

Everyone has been so welcoming!!

I have been very pleased with this community and how welcoming everyone has been to me since I moved in. That has to be my favorite thing is how kind and gentle everyone is once you arrive it really has helped the transition. I have had no issues with the food and have been busy unpacking my apartment so I have not had a chance to participate in the activity program but I am very much looking forward to it.

Very Good Tour

We had a very good tour of this community. Everything looked great, and very well maintained. Our tour guide was kind, and informative. All our questions were answered. We just didn't feel this was the community for my mother in law.

Review of Fairwinds - River's Edge - Saint Charles, MO

Very nice but expensive. Every thing costs extra. By the time we added up comparisons the price was about double other places

Everyone has been friendly and welcoming.

I'm alright. I'm satisfied with the place. Everyone has been friendly and welcoming.

I liked it a lot, I liked the restaurant.

I liked it a lot, I liked the restaurant. They also offered a lot of amenities. However my parents liked the feel of another one better, and since they are going to be the ones living there, we went with the other one.

The community and staffing is generous and helpful

Although I do not spend much time at the Fairwinds facility my parents so far seem to be happy and well taken care of. The community and staffing is generous and helpful. The food is good my father enjoys it.

pride themselves on being courteous, accommodating, and diverse

At Fairwinds I would say they really pride themselves on being courteous, accommodating, and diverse. I have had no issues with this facility. Everything has gone pretty smoothly. No complaints from me at this point.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for our loved ones. I thought Fairwinds was a very nice looking place, it was probably my favorite out of all the communities we toured. The staff were friendly and professional, and the facility seemed clean and well kept. They're definitely worth a look if you're looking into senior care in the area!

Very Satisfing

My new experience here at Fair Winds Rivers Edge as a new resident has been very satisfying and rewarding.

Satisfying as to the accommodations and service and friendliness of all residents and employees.
Rewarding in being able to participate in the many activities available, especially the physical classes and swimming pool. My time is my own to choose as I desire,

this style of living is new to me and I am thankful to the program designed here at FairWinds Rivers Edge to enjoy my Senior years. My family is happy and grateful that I fit in so well. Looking forward to more delightful living here at FairWinds Rivers Edge.

Long distance move for my mom from WI to MO

I think this place is wonderful. I had to move my mom from WI to St Charles to make things easier on both of us. My mom was very scared of what this would be like. From the moment we met Stacy it was so easy! The staff and the people who reside there are just so freindly and warm. My mom has only been there for 1 week and already she sits with people for lunch and dinner and tried a few activities and seems happy and excited. Believe me she did not want to go!! It is just nice to see her smile and having fun. It is an easy not only for her, but also for me knowing she is under great care and someone is there if she needs someone. Plus I am 10 min away compared to 400 miles away. Thank you!!

Dad is really happy there, he loves it.

Dad is really happy there, he loves it. The staff is very kind and considerate, very friendly. I always get greeted at the front desk. The servers are nice and friendly and willing to go the extra mile for you. I don't really get complaints about the food, there have been a few entrees that weren't his favorite, the overall quality is really good. The desserts are very good. They have had birthday parties, for the residents, and a couple of gentleman gave a concert, and they are having a magician. He is very satisfied with the exercise room. He has now scheduling a massage with the masseuse. It's great.

Plenty of great activities

Plenty of great activities. The facilities really are beautiful. The staff is very friendly, although it does seem at times that some of the maintenance people are not very well trained. It's been a lovely experience for my mom so far, and she has been in there for six weeks.

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This looked like a great place overall, and the caregivers all seemed very friendly. However, the sales people were a bit on the aggresive side, which was not the most pleasant thing to deal with.

My experience with Fairwinds has been...

My experience with Fairwinds has been a fine one. I have no complaints. I'm satisfied with the staff, facility, and care provided.

Great Decision!

We helped my inlaws move into a 2 BR villa this past October. We had csidered many options getting them to move closer to us from a house, a condo or an apartment. We checked out Fair Winds on the recommendation of a friend whose own parents had moved in. When we set up an appointment to tour Cindy from Fair Winds had us meet at a Villa. The couple who opened their home to my inlaws were warm and friendly. They said how happy they were living there. They let us tour their home. The Villa and the apartments are roomy and well made. We Had lunch with another couple who talked to Mom about all the amenities and how much she loved living there. She told her, you don't know how bad you need this. It has wonderful food in the restaurant, classes and activities. Someone to clean your house. It's like living at a resort. She was right. They have been very happy and so are we. It's comforting to know there is always someone nearby if they need help. And knowing they are having healthy meals is good too. They even coordinated rehab for Mom after some surgery. Moving them there was a great decision for all of us.

Enrolling

Staff have been very helpful in enrolling us in the facility.

Inviting

I think they have great activities! It’s a very warm environment and it’s very comfortable. I think the staff tries really hard to accommodate what the resident’s needs are. I think it’s just a comfortable place. It’s really clean. It’s not intimidating like some of them of them. It feels like a really nice hotel or an apartment complex, not a facility.

Good and bad

WE are quite pleased with our villa. It was difficult to move from 2400 sq. ft. into 1500 sq. ft. but we managed. All the people we have met are very lovely which helped our move in many ways.our neighbors couldn't be nicer. I believe our only disappointment would be in the dining area. So many times they run out of things by 5:30m pm. Now who runs out of mashed potatoes or butter in the evening or grapefruit for breakfast? That's really bad planning.Whomever is responsible needs to be spoken to. For the cost of living here simple things in the dining room should be available until at least 6-6:30 pm if you are going to provide meals until 7pm. Another thing, your Christmas trim-a-tree program was a complete boor. No one got up to start some singing or provide gaity of any kind. Therefor the elderly people just sat and watched the ones decoraating the upper part of the tree. Why didn't they try to motivate everyone so there was laughter and gaity in the room? It was so sad I just left!

Their place is pretty clean, and ever...

Their place is pretty clean, and everyone's pretty friendly. The other place that my cousin looked at she said that that place wasn't as clean as Fairwinds. Fairwinds apartments also seemed to be larger than the other community that we considered.

They have a company called Aging Well that comes in to check on the residents - I use them to provide 24/7 care for my grandmother. The girls who come to check on my grandmother are great. There's also a nurse that comes in 2 times a week. I tried to tell the Aging Well staff certain things, like if you ask my grandmother if she's hungry, she'll say "No" but if you put a plate in front of her at mealtimes, she will eat, but they wouldn't follow my instructions.

The most disappointing thing was that the Fairwinds said that they would try to get my grandmother acclimated and engaged with the community, but as soon as she moved in, it was more like, "Okay, here you are, see you".

Great location

The biggest reason we chose Fairwinds is because it is within walking distance of us. The staff is really friendly and the community is very clean. Our loved one liked the community so we decided to just go with it.

When you visit our retirement community in the heart of St. Charles, you’ll notice something unexpected the minute you walk through the doors. You can see, hear, and feel the energy and vibrancy of our community. The lobby is bustling, people are laughing, and friends are chatting. Some are planning outings to the Mid-Rivers Mall or Ameristar Casino, while others are gathered in the bistro drinking their morning coffee. Fairwinds - River’s Edge feels like an active community because it is an active community.

Our philosophy of white glove, five-star service translates into an experience that feels more like a vacation at your favorite resort rather than a typical retirement community. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and inviting—whatever our residents need, our helpful staff is ready to deliver.

At Fairwinds - River’s Edge, we don’t just care for people—we care about people, and want to help our residents live the retirement of their dreams. Ready to hit the greens and perfect your golf swing? No problem. How about a European cruise? We’ll plan it end to end. Karaoke after dinner sound fun? Standard play. Gourmet meals for the most discerning foodie? Our chef’s are award-winning. Whatever you want to do, whatever your passions are, we can help bring them to life in this next phase of life.

At Fairwinds - River’s Edge, the retirement of your dreams is there for the taking. All you have to do is make yourself at home.