Evergreen Valley Assisted Living - Baltimore, MD

Facility extremely clean and facility was very friendly and informative .

Positive Atmosphere!!

The Evergreen Valley Assisted Living is a large beautiful community. The staff always seems very happy to be there. The community has many residents and always seems to be very busy. There is always a lot going on at this place.

A NEW HOME

My sister has only been there 2 weeks yet she fits right in. There is always the initial struggle of wanting to "go Home", but with their understanding she is accommodating very well. She asked for and received an opportunity to be helpful, and they have given her a simple task which makes her feel ownership.

Horrible GROUP HOME

My mother was diagnosed with delirium. She was charged a $[price removed] "entry" fee then an additional $[price removed] 1st month's rent. I'm from out of state and I was told this was the only place she could afford them she was transported. When I finally got to Baltimore and enter this group living home. Assisted living is not the appropriate title. I was mortified.

Most of the residents were mentally ill or didn't speak at all. The "healthy" meals usually consisted of egg salad sandwiches and water according to my mother. Every time I entered the house, the residents were in the living room watching Bonanza reruns. EVERY time. I guess they didn't think washing my mother's hair was important....when I took her wig off, she had developed bacterial infections all over her scalp. When brushed...most of her hair fell out...She had been there for a month....my mother informed me that the nurses screamed and yelled frequently at the residents and that she loved when visitors would come because everyone was on their best behavior then.

I found a place in TX and got my mother out of there. When They were discharging her, they tried to charge me an additional $[removed] just so she could LEAVE. My mother said she was never allowed to leave the house despite the "day trips" advertised.....do NOT leave your loved one here to die. I was beside myself that she had been there even a month. I had contacted the owner of the home to express my concerns and was hung up on.

Evergreen Valley Assisted Living
DOV: 7-16-15
Positive Aspects
• 15 residents both male & female
• Physical environment
o Clean
o Adaptive equipment such as hospital beds with bed rails, ramp entrance to residence, stair glide, hand rail in bathrooms, toilet hand grips, shower chairs, mats/nonskid strips in bathrooms, and wall rail on 1st level.
• Staff’s interacted in a caring manner and was able to redirect residents when necessary. It appeared that this came from training as well as their skills developed from experience.
• It appeared diets were followed.
• Residents that were not actively eating were assisted with being fed. If further reluctance was displayed by a resident they were offered an alternative food.
• Younger group & older group
o Younger group appeared more independent
o Staff maintained closer supervision with older group
o Variety of activities on the calendar

Other aspects of concern
o Concern if my parent did not have a bedroom on the 1st level
o Staff ratio 2 staff to 15 individuals

Old, dreary and bad location.

This Place Rocks

I toured the building trying to find a place for my dad, and what I loved most was the friendliness of the staff. Its already a hard decision placing my dad, but the Manager made me feel at ease.

Each bedroom was spotless and the home smelled clean. I have toured a few facilities and they all had a urine odor, but not this one. It felt homely and cozy. The rooms were spacious, and color coordinated. They had files for each resident. They keep records very well. I was really impressed that they had a MD & podiatrist that came every 6 weeks.

Once I left the tour I felt a lot better about placing my dad. I ultimately chose Evergreen.

Great place

How can you have this review from this guy Tom say these bad things. All it takes is a bad attitude person to ruin a business. when you read all of these comments please keep an open mind. There is truth, lies, in between, hatred, jealously, disgruntled employees and also people that like to just cause problems. I feel these reviews are unfair. Evergreen valley is a great place for your love one to live at. My mother has been at this facility over five years. I have no complaints. The staff is great, they care about my mother and yes the place is old, but clean.

They seem to be bending over backwords, to help her.

It's very clean and there is no smell. They seem to be doing real good for her. They seem to be bending over backwords, to help her. She is happy with the food. I think she is getting good care. They spoke to me with common sense. They gave me good feedback, they were straightforward. They will even bring in hospice. They treat her real good. When she was in the hospital, they have a social worker that works with you, and I told them I was going to check this place out, and they knew people that had been here and had no problems. They are always willing to speak with me, and work with me. I can show up anytime and they are happy to have me there.

Good Location has one in Baldwin and ...

Good Location has one in Baldwin and Cockeysville as well as Hamilton