Evergreen Commons Rehabilitation and Nursing Center - East Greenbush, NY

Evergreen Commons Rehabilitation and Nursing Center - East Greenbush, NY has yet not published prices.

• Short Term Rehab
  • Skilled Nursing

I had a good stay here at Evergreen and I would love to recommend to anyone who needs rehab!

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Helen for your review and recommendation!

Coming Back to Nursing Care, Not His Former Home

I have become my dear friend's primary caregiver as his disabilities from Parkinson's disease increase. His former home has become extremely difficult for him to live in, but he still thinks being there is his best bet. All medical advice and some friends' opinions, including mine, are that nursing care better meets his needs these days, even though Evergreen Commons is not tailored for his desired activities and lacks his accustomed privacy.

We had an afternoon appointment together on [date removed], in which his disabilities were not obvious. As we returned to Evergreen Commons, he begged urgently to return to his former home. When we arrived at the facility, he refused to go in. When I told the front desk of his refusal, a supervising nurse and another nurse came out to the car, and I went inside the door, leaving him with the nurses. They had a very civil conversation. The nurses and the facility looked forward to his return and dinner was ready. His former home did not have any helpers there, and was not ready for him on this dark, cold evening. After five to ten minutes of this conversation, he got out and calmly accompanied them inside and to his area.

I was very impressed and very relieved.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate all the feedback here at Evergreen.

Evergreen Commons Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a health care facility offering a range of inpatient programs tailored to meet an individual’s unique needs. These services include both short term rehabilitative care for people recovering from an illness or surgery and long term care for people with more complex health conditions who need ongoing support.

The Facility is centrally located in East Greenbush NY only minutes from Downtown Albany. Surrounded by beautifully landscaped grounds, safe walking paths and pleasant outdoor patios, in addition to a playground for all our young visitors.