Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie - Colonie, NY

Peregrine Senior Living at Colonie - Colonie, NY has yet not published prices.

Major Disappointment

Overall a disappointment.

My father has been there for 7 months.

They do not have the experience to maintain these people. They can not and do not get him in the shower or get him to brush his teeth or anything from personal maintenance.

We get in there and have to change his clothes ourselves, These people can't even get him to change his shirt. You would think every couple of days they would change the clothes of everyone as well as check to make sure they have not soiled themselves. A few times we have got there to find him an absolute mess.

They have the potential for a great place but they are 100% hands off in many important areas.

Positive Experience

My mother has been at Peregrine since April. In spite of other bad reviews, I am very satisfied with the care she receives. Nice people work there and it is always clean and bright. Plenty of activities.

Not a good place

We had a loved one here. Not a good facility. Staff isn’t consistent and most aren’t familiar with how to care for elderly with memory care issues.
They are having their current employees post positive “reviews.”

Just awful

Sadly this place is not what it seems. It is a shiny new facility that doesn't give a damn about the people entrusted to their care. Their staffing ratios are not what is advertised, or safe or legal. Swing by unannounced on weekend and you will see this for yourself. At times they have no idea how many resident are currently in the facility, which obviously begs the question how do you know everyone is accounted for? (Spoiler alert - they don't). And good luck finding any staff member at night, even one! This on top of unclean conditions, lack of attention, apparent lack of knowledge and experience concerning memory care needs and poor communication make for a subpar facility.

Do not entrust the care of a loved one to this pplace

Nothing good about our experience here! Unsafe, unclean and the staff is deceitful.
My mom was here only a few weeks and it was terrible from the beginning. Do not leave a loved one here.

I was impressed by the facility. We are considering this center.

Excellent, I Can't Enough Good Things

I absolutely love Peregrine assisted living. My father-in-law lives there and I can’t say enough good things about our experience there. The staff is excellent. Whenever I go for a visit, everyone there is so happy, friendly, and caring. They really do treat the residents like they’re family. The food smells delicious, and the dining staff work very hard to accommodate my father in law, who can be picky. They have a lot of activities including outings, live entertainment, and games. They also have a pot belly pig, two bunnies, and an aviary that the residents can visit. My father loves to visit Wilber the pig. The community is nicely decorated and clean. I have yet to notice any smells. My father-in-law’s room is always tidy, and his laundry is always neatly hung or folded. I would absolutely recommend this community to others. It is excellent.