Evening Grace Assisted Living - Sherwood Forest, CA

very happy

They are very well trained, and the place is very clean and very nice. The rooms are big, and the care has been very good. So far we are very happy with Evening Grace Assisted Living and have every reason to believe that will continue to be the case.

Beautiful homes and amazing care

I've visited their homes several times and I'm always impressed how well-run this facility is. Here is why.

The care:
Evening Grace has a one-to-three caregiver/resident ratio which is great and something you won't find at the larger facilities. As a result, the caregivers are not running around like crazy but have time to attend to each resident's individual needs. They are not exhausted by the workload, so have energy to actually engage with the residents.

The homes:
Evening Grace has several residential homes, with their own patios, gardens etc. It's the opposite of a large non-specific facility, these homes are spacious but cozy and, well... they're like home. Everything is always spotless and clean.

The prices:
They're very reasonable. Once the rent is agreed on, they don't have annual or semi-annual price increases like the larger place have. They try and keep prices steady and only increase if there is a serious change in level of care.

The people:
Evening Grace is family owned and the family actually cares a lot about what they do and how they do it. The care is done by professionals, but the owners provide close oversight and hands-on management to make sure that all the clients are taken care of and happy.

Summary:
Moving a parent from their home to an assisted living facility is an extremely tough and often heart-breaking decision. But if the parent needs 24/7 care, this is the best possible place they could be in. When I am old and if I am in need of care, I would want to be in one of their homes.

EVENING GRACE, Board and Care

Evening Care is a dream come true.

My mother had to be moved from her home quite suddenly. I was frantically viewing every facility in the area. Evening Care was the first place I visited and I was WOWED. But, I thought, I couldn't possibly sign up the first place I'd ever seen. So I did my due diligence and visited many, MANY others. As soon as I walked out of the final interview, I picked up my phone and called Paul. Luckily, a room was still available.

The owners - Diana, Romulus, and Paul have created a true HOME. It's physically beautiful indeed. But more importantly, it is a warm and caring place. The caregivers (Clara & Willy) are incredibly knowledgeable, attentive, kind, and fun to be around. My sister had just passed away and my mother was, needless to say, was feeling her loss deeply. The practical and emotional support she and I have both received from everyone has been astounding.

Another factor in our situation is that I travel quite a bit for work, and everyone at Evening Care keeps me connected and informed. It is the ONLY facility I felt 100% confident in to care for my mother in my absence.

If you are looking for a home for your loved one, visit Evening Grace and see for yourself. I'm confident you will gain the same peace of mind I did.

Evening Grace - Superb Elderly Board and Care Provider!

I've seen many board and care facilities over the years and none can compare to Evening Grace. My mother resided there for over 3 years and the care they provided was absolutely Superb. I always had piece of mind that my mom was receiving the best care possible and at a very reasonable cost. They always went out of their way to ensure my mom's health and happiness The house is always squeaky clean and the food is excellent. All the caregivers are friendly and I always felt very welcome whenever I would visit my mom. I couldn't have asked for more, and if my dad ever needs a care facility in the future - he will definitely be residing there.

Evening Grace gives the best care in town

Evening Grace is the best board and care home in the San Fernando Valley for my mom. I looked at every option, and Evening Grace stands out for many reasons. The owners, husband and wife Romulus and Diana along their son Paul, handle every detail in a timely manner. They truly care about my mom and do everything possible to make her feel at home, and she will be the first to tell you she does feel at home. The caregivers Clara and Willy who live in the home are total professionals including speaking perfect English, cooking delicious American food, always being on the top of their game since they have regular time off, handling all medications perfectly, keeping Mom clean and comfortable, and creating a warm inclusive homey atmosphere which makes visits a pleasure. At my mom's location, all the residents, of which there are only 4 at the moment, are mentally alert, but are dealing with physical infirmities. After visiting my mom I feel good and have peace of mind knowing that she made the right decision on where to live. At this time they have two rooms open because they just opened this new location, but I'm sure they will fill up quickly, so don't delay.

1st Place, Evening Grace

Simply put, Evening Grace is the gold standard that all other board and care facilities should be judged! Really! As the son of elderly parents and having dealt first-hand with a large, well-known senior living facility, where the residents were treated as numbers, the food was nearly inedible and the only thing that mattered was the corporate bottom-line, what a relief it was to see the residents of Evening Grace be treated with the utmost respect and be welcomed with open arms into the Evening Grace family. The great care and compassion begins with the owners, Diana and Rom, who are both involved, on the daily basis, with the operation and oversee everything that takes place to make sure that the residents' care is first-rate, the facility is clean and well-kept and the food is nutritious and plentiful. The caregivers are truly outstanding and make the residents feel at ease in knowing that they are always available to handle even the smallest request. They are always calm and have smiles on their faces, as they obviously enjoy what they do and it definitely shows. To sum it up, Evening Grace is committed to maintaining a high level of care, respecting the well-being of their residents, by making their golden-years joyful and creating a home-like environment. What more could a son or daughter of an elderly mother and/or father hope for? The answer: Nothing! When judging Evening Grace against all their other competitors, it's abundantly clear to me that the motto for the clear winner, by a landslide, would be, "1st Place, Evening Grace!"

Amazing elderly care facility. Like home

It was our good fortune that we found Evening Grace. Our Mom was lovingly cared for as if she was family. From the owner Diana, to the various caregivers including Joanne and Al, Mom received the very best care possible .The facility was truly home until Mom passed quietly with dignity. We would highly recommend Evening Grace.

Loved the owners. Beautifu...

Loved the owners. Beautiful area/lot. Seem to provide a lot of fun and services for the seniors that the others do not - similar to a Sunrise Home in activities - and cost unfortunately. If it were cheaper, I would consider.

Evening Grace, LLC is a two house assisted living experience. Our six-resident houses are functioning under State of California License Numbers: 197607017 and 197607451.

Our houses located one next to each other in the prestigious Sherwood Forest neighborhood of Northridge, CA just south of CSUN - California State University Northridge are some of the few luxurious Assisted Livings in Los Angeles area.

Each of the houses is large and spacious spanning 3700 square feet and 4100 square feet and each are on one level, making it easy for our residents to move freely throughout the facility. Each of the houses provides 6 private rooms, caregiver’s room, 4 bathrooms and a 1200 square foot living/entertainment room. We offer elegant living conditions, high standard 24/7 care and supervision for your loved one, due to our low caregiver to resident ratio of 1 to 2.

The homes are carefully designed, featuring individual spacious private room with suite facilities. Every room is nicely finished, furnished or not (depends on the residents’ wishes), bright, large, homey, comfortable and waiting for his new guest. All the rooms provide door alarm system, heating and air conditioning systems, smoke detectors, TV cable and phone or internet connections (if desired!). Some of the rooms have direct patio access, private bathroom or large walk-in closets.

WE CARE FOR:
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Parkinson’s
- Multiple-sclerosis
- Diabetes
- Confusion
- Depression
- Stroke
- Congestive heart failures and other heart related diseases
- Frailness and weakness