Symphony at Roland Park - Baltimore, MD

Symphony at Roland Park - Baltimore, MD has yet not published prices.

We welcome you to Symphony Manor - the newest premier service-rich Assisted Living and Memory Care Community located in the quaint historic neighborhood of Roland Park. Symphony Manor boasts spacious assisted living suites and a world-class memory care program, in a picturesque setting. Symphony Manor brims with amenities, providing a wide range of services from minimal assistance to professional long-term and memory care services. We believe life is an accumulation of experiences, accomplishments, loves and learning, trials and successes. We offer our residents a special place where they can continue to grow and thrive, each in their own unique way. At Symphony Manor, we believe life is precious and worth celebrating every day. And what better way to celebrate life than to share new experiences with family and friends, enjoy simple pleasures, and explore new interests in a community that is your home.

Symphony Manor is located in the heart of the beautiful, suburban garden community of Roland Park. When your loved one lives at Symphony Manor, you can share great restaurants in the Roland Park area, as well as the local medical services and higher learning institutions such as Johns Hopkins University, the College of Notre Dame, the Baltimore Museum of Art and all that Roland Park has to offer. Roland Park was developed between 1890 and 1920 by the Roland Park Company. The development was named for the early Baltimore county landowner, Roland Thornberry.

The company was incorporated in 1891. The company subsequently employed Frederick Law Olmsted, Jr., designer of New York's Central Park and the designer of the lovely grounds and gardens at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina. Houses in this are are eclectic, with both contemporary and historic styles, including timbered English Tudor, revived versions of Georgian and Regency styles, and original designs related to the British "Arts and Crafts" movement.

Neglectful Care. Fake 5 Star Reviews

My mother has been at Symphony Manor for 2.5 years. I had major concerns about my mother being neglected and spent 8 months trying to get [Removed] (Executive Director) to make improvements. It eventually became clear that she had no interest in making any changes so I went to the managing company, Milestone, who also did nothing. You will not see the issues when you do your tours but they are very apparent once you start spending time there. Constantly understaffed on weekends to the point where it would take hours for residents to get basic care. Night staff who are supposed to check every 2 hours would not check on my mom over the course of an entire night. It is shameful that [Removed] continues to allow the neglect to continue, putting all residents health and lives at risk. Be wary of fake 5 star reviews which all popped up once I started complaining to Milestone.

Best place for our Family

My Dad has been in the Memory Care Unit for 3 years and we couldn't be more pleased with the level of care that he receives. It's like one big family and everyone looks out for him. There's not enough room on here to list all of the reasons that the rating should go up to 10 stars!!!!!!!

Best decision we made

I can't Thank Symphony Manor and all their staff for their 5 star service to my Mom and my family. We have been with Symphony Manor for many years and wouldn't have it any other way. We moved to the Memory Care unit after transitioning from their Assisted Living Floor. Best decision we made. The staff is caring and truly treat you as if you were a part of their family. The activity staff are caring and take the residents out multiple times a week. I would encourage anyone reading this review to go and see Symphony Manor for your self and choose them to take care of your loved one. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication to my mom!!!!!!!

Symphony Manor keeps it real.

What matters most when you entrust the care of a parent to others?  Compassion, competence and engagement come to mind.  Knowing that caregiving requires
listening, and taking the anxiety that comes with transition, and ELIMINATING IT!
From the nurses, the aides, the food service staff, the activities director, the admissions director and on through to executive director, Symphony Manor delivers at the most important level… THE HUMAN LEVEL.

Bravo all, and thank you so much.

Best memory care

My mother lives at Symphony Manor of Roland Park. She has lived there for 4 years. The Symphony Staff has been wonderful, the activities and outings are great. Mom goes out once a week to many types of outings, art galleries, BSO, food tours and more. She lives on the memory care floor because she suffers from dementia, the staff is loving and very well trained. The manager, [Removed] has been the director there for 5 years, and is very knowledgeable of dementia and helps me understand how to help mom as things change. We are grateful to have found Symphony Manor and highly recommend it!

Not what was promised

My mother in law has been at Symphony Manor in Baltimore, MD for three years in their memory care facility. When she first arrived it was great. They had interactive activities for the residents and would even take them off campus to plays at Center Stage and for country drives. Then there was a change in management. The new facility manager has cut a lot of these programs for the residents as well as staffing. This is where the problems began. My mother in law's care has really been effected in a negative way. The staff on the floor are all very nice, but they are over worked and under staffed. They can't give the residents the care that they need and deserve. This isn't their fault however. They are understaffed. The problem is my wife's family went to management to have these problems addressed. Rather than putting patient care first and fixing the issues, management blamed the resident and demanded that the family pay for increased care. Medical professionals have told the family she doesn't need that additional care, but they do not want to see their love one being neglected. When told of the expert opinion on 24 hour care the woman who runs the facilities response was to kick my mother in law out. If you care about your loved one, and want them to get the care they deserve do not send them here. I've never experienced a medical professional or patient care advocate who, rather than care for a patient or resident of a facility would kick them out. Don't be fooled by appearances. The place is beautiful. And the floor staff is great, but until there's a change in management your loved one will not receive the care they deserve.

Look Elsewhere

A family member was a resident at Symphony Manor. Everything seemed great at first but after being there for some time noticed a very high turnover in staff, very inconsistent care, and a lack of awareness from management. We looked at many facilities and Symphony Manor says all the right things but don't live up to it. I would not recommend sending a loved one here unless there are no other options.

The staff here was so caring, and truely loved my mother. They made sure she was able to get out and about even when we were unable to do that with her. The take her on lots of outings as well as make sure she is still able to go on long walks throughout the neighborhood. The memory unit is absolutely lovely, and they run a great activities program! The staff is attentive, and always willing to help! We are so happy we chose symphony manor, we would do it again!

Symphony Manor Staff Care Deeply

Stacy Buckley and her staff at Symphony Manor have been wonderful during a terribly difficult time for my family. Without their support of my father, and truly all of us, things would be far worse. I'm so impressed and grateful by every single staff member I've met and by the care my father is receiving.

We've been overall very pleased with our move

My mother has been here for about a month and a half. We've been overall very pleased with our move. My mother is doing very well there. The move was very easy and everyone has been very nice. The facility is always very clean. Everyone was very welcoming. The value is excellent. So far the meals are good. I have had some meals there a couple of times when they had events going on. The food seems to be fine.

We had a horrible experience here. Call bells go unanswered for 90 minutes regularly. Residents call out for help and don't receive any. If you go out looking for someone to help, you'll often find the halls empty. Don't be fooled by the pretty building. What matters is the staff, and here, they are all but absent.

Friendly and personable staff

The staff here do a great job! They're very personable and friendly, and they really seem to take a genuine interest in the well-being of the people that they work with. They really get to know each of the residents and learn how best to care for them as an individual.

Excellent respite care

My loved one was here briefly for a respite stay, and overall I think they did a great job. The communication with the community and between the staff was top notch. We let them know what our loved one needed, and they advised their whole staff on how best to take care of him while he was there.

It's just wonderful!

It's a beautiful place. The staff, the facility itself the upkeep of it, the bills the activities they have it's all wonderful. The food is delicious. I really liked the location, and the facility itself and the cordialness of the staff and even the other residents seem happy and involved in things. They have a mass once a month, the priest comes, and the nun is there at least once a week. It's just wonderful!

Director called me. Very helpful with...

Director called me. Very helpful with possible LT policy questions, etc. World-class memory care program. Brand new facility in Roland park.

The infrastructure is very polished a...

The infrastructure is very polished. It feels like an upscale bed-and-breakfast. It is very clean environment with bright window light and daily checks on the residents throughout the day: In person and/or by infrared technology. The location is very safe.

This one is not really set up for cou...

This one is not really set up for couples unless they will be separated by type of care or they put a door between two rooms. Has memory care unit; Alcove room for 2 people Has "wellaware" motion detector system to help with noticing major changes.